• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tag!! You're It!! V3: Welcome to the Garden~

@Sheeerna - what's something you're looking forward to this year? :bulbaWave:
Potential SV dlc for sure, really curious to see what angle they'll take with it. Pipedream is some Kalos related stuff, but uh I'm not holding my breath XD. In terms of other stuff, the Mario Movie is looking fairly solid and am really interested to see how it turns out.

@Blanc what's your favorite gen 9 Pokemon so far?

what is your favorite Berry? (irl or poké, both are okay!!)
hi! Hope you're doing well!

So, this question is weirdly perfect for me? I really enjoy foraging, and one of my absolute favorite things to go looking for is blackberries. They grow wild all around here, and every year I'm out searching. Growing up, my Grandpa was the one who taught me where to find them and "how" to pick them; we'd always leave plenty for the animals, and any other people who might've found the bushes, too. I still remember seeing rows and rows of blackberries lining the woods, all shiny and still warm from the sun. I guess I sort of associate the berries themselves with all those fond memories!

Oh, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries, too! As for Pokemon, I always really wanted to try Pecha berries...

@InfiniteBakuphoon hello!
How's your week been? Or, what's something you've been really excited about?

@Hawthorn
Oh, my apologies! I missed your message in my inbox. Let me go ahead and answer you…

That particular week wasn’t very eventful for me, except for one thing that I was really looking forward to: getting a MIDI keyboard! I bought it as my first step into getting more into music, which I’ve been wanting to do for a while. I’ve been kind of lost as to what to do with it for the past few weeks, but once I wrap my head around things a bit more, I’ll probably find some piano lessons to take online or something, as well as find a DAW so that I can really take advantage of it as a controller. For now, it’s just a really fancy input device for Furnace (a game console sound chip tracker), but I look forward to seeing how far I can go with this thing!

As for this week, it’s been kind of aimless, to be honest, and I don’t feel like I’ve really accomplished much as would’ve liked overall. But I’ve been feeling better about it over the last few days, since I got some cleaning done in my room and just came back from a really nice walk a little while ago. I have some plans for the next few days as far as spoiling myself emotionally and mentally, so I’m on my way to the near future being pretty awesome, too!

Bouncing off of Lisia’s question, I’ll ask @Orchid: is there a particular kind of music that you enjoy above all others, like a favorite? If you do, has this ever changed sometime over the years, perhaps as your music preferences changed, or as your life experiences have?

@Orchid any music recommendations for the upcoming february? (or, what have you been listening to lately?)
Lately I've been listening off-and-on to the album Say It Like You Mean It (2002) by The Starting Line! Just super love the sound of it. One of many albums that make me want to finally take the plunge and pick up a guitar.
I also recently discovered the band Asteria about a month back, and I'd also recommend them since they're very underrated. I think their song "Briarwood" is great.

Bouncing off of Lisia’s question, I’ll ask @Orchid: is there a particular kind of music that you enjoy above all others, like a favorite? If you do, has this ever changed sometime over the years, perhaps as your music preferences changed, or as your life experiences have?
Honestly I enjoy a huge range of genres, but without question the kind of music I enjoy above all else is pop punk/emo. It's been a favorite of mine for... ever, but I finally started embracing it again a few years back lol.

My favorites have definitely shifted around a couple times, mostly just as I've branched out more — when I was younger I was into a variety of EDM stuff (techno trance, happy hardcore... for a few years in high school I was obsessed with speedcore/J-core and it was basically all I listened to lol). It's very nostalgic for me nowadays, but I'm just not as drawn to it anymore.
Other than that though, I've always adored alt rock and stuff ever since I was a kid, so really not too much has changed? I used to lean a lot more towards some metalcore and symphonic/gothic metal, but I think I've mostly drifted away from all that nowadays. (Still really love some post-hardcore every now and then, though.)

Thinking about it a little, that shift in music taste does actually coincide with some life experiences of mine. I think I "calmed down" a lot in the last couple years after a big change in my life and my preferences have sort of changed along with that lol.

@CharizardFan7 what is your all-time favorite episode of the Pokémon anime? (or a few, if you can't choose!)

beep! @Torchic W. Pip do you have a special skill, and if so, what is it? (daimikunagi fics are a special skill yes)
Uhhhhhh aside from daimikunagi fics I'm pretty devoted to my hyperfixations. I know a lot about them, and I can devote a lot of brain juice to them. I'm also pretty good at math. It just... clicks in my brain. The rules and stuff make a lot of sense in my brain, and there's a lot of certainty in them.

@Orchid What's your favourite Pokémon ability, and why?

@Orchid What's your favourite Pokémon ability, and why?
I'm gonna say Magic Bounce! It's just an incredibly invaluable ability that grants you immunity to way, way more than you think it does. Very handy to switch into if you can predict one of those moves coming — reflecting your opponent's status/stage hazard/Taunt/Whirlwind/whatever right back onto them can really throw them off their rhythm if they aren't prepared for it, and I love that. I always run Magic Bounce on Espeon and it's fantastic.

Also a big fan of Storm Drain, Prankster, Cursed Body, and Levitate. I also really like Marvel Scale and Liquid Ooze, just wish they weren't so exclusive.

@Artuditwo what's your absolute favorite food?

@Artuditwo what's your absolute favorite food?
My absolute favourite food would be milanesas de pollo, an image for reference :)
1676325655781.png

I wonder..... What is your favourite food, @Orchid

Last edited:
I wonder..... What is your favourite food, @Orchid
My all-time favorite... hmm, probably any type of udon? I like it pretty much any way that it's prepared!
831__cGhfcmVjaXBlMjg..jpg
But I also love pasta, makizushi, enchiladas verdes, and lots of seafood. :enzap:

@DawningWinds If you had one magical ability/superpower, what would you want it to be?

@DawningWinds If you had one magical ability/superpower, what would you want it to be?
Oh whoops I forgot to answer this! Doing it now. Um. My first instinct is "inability to feel pain" because migraines are awful and I would like to not have to deal with them, but I feel like there are too many alternative ways that could backfire. I think the for real answer is going to be "stopping time for everyone except me". Or alternatively "the ability to step outside of time", similar but might function differently maybe? Basically I just want more time to do things please. Plus I think that'd let me stop having to miss stuff because of migraines because I could just stop time and rest till it goes away.

@Sheeercold Hi! You're a Kalos fan, right, I'm not misremembering? What are some of your favorite things about the region?

@Sheeercold Hi! You're a Kalos fan, right, I'm not misremembering? What are some of your favorite things about the region?
Hello

But yeah, Kalos just hits different. I love the whole vibe of the region and it's atmosphere. Really fits the game's theme of beauty. The new mon they introduced are also great despite lacking in the number department. I'd wanna say a quarter of my favorites alone are from Kalos. And also the soundtrack goes hard.

Idk, gen 6 may have a lot of issues, but I've got quite a guilty pleasure love for it. It wasn't not even my first gen (that was 5), just something about Kalos gives me happy vibes.

@Torchic W. Pip, what are some Pokemon you'd most like to see given evos, regional variants, etc.?

@pauliwhirl welcome again to the forums, i hope i'm not being a bother by tagging you here! as a whole, i think it'd be a nice idea if the forums got to know more about you? and vice versa!

so i'll ask... out of all of the pokémon in the world, what one do you think would be best to have as a pet? (not for battling or anything, just like as a pet like how people have cats or dogs or whatever!)

@Blanc aside from England and Japan, is there anywhere else you'd like to really go to, whether for a visit or for living there?
(I felt bad answering this since there was activity in the thread again, hope it’s okay and not throwing off the game at all)

I’d really like to visit Honduras again actually. I only got to be there for a day, and the water and overall atmosphere was so beautiful and calm, as if it was removed from all the problems in the world. I want to experience that again! Or France simply due to my heritage it would just feel right to go, but that’s just a train ride away in England— so it might happen.

@toastghost , hiii! I’m curious, how do you go about choosing what characters to make your avatar and banner? Is it their aesthetic overall? How much you relate to them? And regardless of your answer, why do you like them?

Back
Top Bottom