• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best Fire type starter

Which region had the best Fire starter?

• Kanto (Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard)

Votes: 94 34.2%
  • Johto (Cyndaquil, Quilava, Typhlosion)

Votes: 67 24.4%
  • Hoenn (Torchic, Combusken, Blaziken)

Votes: 53 19.3%
  • Sinnoh (Chimchar, Monferno, Infernape)

Votes: 48 17.5%
  • Unova (Tepig, Pignite, Emboar)

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Kalos (Fennekin, Braixen, Delphox)

Votes: 10 3.6%

• Total voters
They're all absolutely awful except for Emboar and Mega Blaziken.

Emboar is rad, just a shame it had to be the victim of its typing three gens in a row which has caused a lot of unfair hate for it. I like the fire beard.

Mega Blaziken is just a nice design upgrade over the regular Blaziken (which I hate). But other than that I don't care for it.

Kanto - my favourites, always have been and always will be, I just love that fairy tale fire-breathing dragon
Johto - second favourites, proper Fire types and based on mustelids, one of my favourite types of animals
Hoenn - least favourites, didn't like the designs and hated the movepool as they evolved
Sinnoh - equal fourth favourites, didn't use them very much in-game, because the Hoenn Starters put me off their typing, but learned to use them later on. Even though, I still never really warmed (lol) to them
Unova - third favourites, loved the designs (especially Tepig) and found them very useful in every playthrough
Kalos - equal fourth favourites, not used it, but I love Fennekin. However, I'm not a huge fan of the designs of the later evolutions

Gen 3 for sure. Torchic is cute as hell, and Blaziken is tied with Virizion as my favourite Pokemon of all time.

- Second favourite goes to the Cyndaquil line. I love these guys so much, especially Typhlosion.
- Then it's the Tepig line. While I'm not a massive fan of Tepig (although I'll admit it's cute) and Pignite, Emboar is badass a heck. Such as shame people overlooked it because of it's Fire/Fighting typing.
- Forth goes to the Chimchar line. I'm not a huge fan of Chimchar and Monferno, but Infernape is starting to really grow on me lately. Its design is cool, I guess.
- Fennekin line comes in fifth. While I kinda like Fennekin and Braixen, I don't particularly like Delphox. The unsightly ear-hair puts me of the most, but it's design is just terrible in general IMO.
- In last place we have the overrated trash that is the Charmander line. I know a lot of people will be furious reading this, but I honestly don't care, I think they are shit and that's just my honest opinion. The only thing I actually like about this family is Mega Charizard Y.

Mega Charizard X is the best because it is part dragon and it drops it's water weakness.

I'll go with the Cyndaquil line, as Typhlosion is quite fast, doesn't look too humanoid, and gets the powerful and rare Eruption. Hisuian Typhlosion is quite cool and mysterious, too. I also like the Charmander line, as while I don't really care for regular Charizard, I still like its Megas, and the Scorbunny line, for their Hidden Ability.

I have a lot of love for the fire starters. As overused as Charizard is, I do love dragons and I think Charizard is a very cool Pokemon. I'm also not as big of a fan of Typhlosion, but I love Hisuian Typhlosion and I love Cyndaquil. Torchic was one of the first Pokemon I ever used and I have a big soft spot for it because I raise chickens in real life. It's hard for me to pick between those three of the poll options.

Though I think the Fuecoco line may have skyrocketed itself into being my favorite starter or at least among my favorites. It's by far my favorite fire type at the moment at least. I already loved how Fuecoco looks sort of like a beta Pokemon, but a ghost-type singer crocodile is a concept I love and it has such a fun design and even if I wasn't completely sold on Fuecoco at first, that final evolution did it for me.

This is a very difficult question for me, because while there are Water and Grass starter lines that I fully enjoy all the way through, my opinion of the Fire-type starters can change drastically depending on the evolution stage it's in. So it's hard to give just one straightforward answer.

My favorite unevolved Fire starter is Cyndaquil — it's an odd, unique little thing that I've always thought was very cute and easily the best of the Johto bunch.
My second favorite is Litten, because while I don't particularly like the route its evolutions took, I was wanting a Fire-type cat starter just like this for years before Gen 7 rolled around.

My favorite evolved Fire starter is Blaziken — the first starter I ever fully evolved, and to me it just nails that "cool" factor like no other final stage has before or since.
My second favorite is Delphox, which is strange because Fennekin and Braixen are my least favorites out of any of them. It's an interesting and almost underrated critter.

And because mid-stages deserve love too, I think Crocalor is easily the best one of those so far.

The Cyndaquil family is my favourite starter line, period, so of course they'd be my favourite Fire type starter line. Funny enough they're also the only Fire type starter line that I prefer over their Grass or Water partners. Turtwig's line comes second and then it's Popplio's.

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom