• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your favourite kind of Pokémon content?

Reaction score
From solo runs to Nuzlockes to origin trivia to fakemons to livestreams to animation - what kind of Pokémon content are you most interested in? Do you tend to prefer an authentic, unedited experience, or do you prefer videos with more polish?

Personally, I've taken a liking to solo runs in recent years; having just a single 'Mon dramatically ups the challenge in many main series games, in ways that you might not expect. Yellow in particular boasts a wealth of tough NPC Trainers that don't give balanced teams a mote of trouble, like the Rock Tunnel Hiker with three Self-Destructors.

#1 would probably be Fakemons and fan regions. We've likely all made them ourselves, but seeing people put so much time and dedication into something that can resemble the actual product to an uncanny degree is just beyond cool.

After that I really enjoy Pokemon podcasts. Listening to multiple people geek out over a topic I enjoy so much, I feel like I'm a part of it with them. The one I gravitate to the most is PUCL (Pokemon Underground Champion's League) because the hosts tend to be older like myself and it's neat to meet other people who have been in the fandom since the early days and are able to fit it into their adult lives.

After that I really enjoy Pokemon podcasts. Listening to multiple people geek out over a topic I enjoy so much, I feel like I'm a part of it with them. The one I gravitate to the most is PUCL (Pokemon Underground Champion's League) because the hosts tend to be older like myself and it's neat to meet other people who have been in the fandom since the early days and are able to fit it into their adult lives.
I'll have to check them out, as someone who does Pokémon on the side of a professional life it sounds like my demographic!

I probably've watched every "Opinions on every Gen 9 Pokemon/Gen 9 Pokemon ranking" video that exists lol. It's probably the only part of the generation where people focus more on the designs than in their competitive power. That said, I just love when people analyze the designs and their inspirations. I also like changing characters' teams, video essays, theories and anime reviews.

I like more in depth analysis about the themes of the games, anime and movies. Lately I have also been discovering the Japanese side of the Pokémon fandom. Funny how their theories and creepypastas differ so much from the English-speaking fandom. If there is a scary Japanese Pokémon video it's going to involve at least one Froslass lol. Then there are the absolutely wild crazy theories like the one about the Regis representing the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

From solo runs to Nuzlockes to origin trivia to fakemons to livestreams to animation - what kind of Pokémon content are you most interested in? Do you tend to prefer an authentic, unedited experience, or do you prefer videos with more polish?

Personally, I've taken a liking to solo runs in recent years; having just a single 'Mon dramatically ups the challenge in many main series games, in ways that you might not expect. Yellow in particular boasts a wealth of tough NPC Trainers that don't give balanced teams a mote of trouble, like the Rock Tunnel Hiker with three Self-Destructors.
Not regular play Pokémon game that was not aver of Pokémon content .
I am sorry to Sy

In the past, the main kind of Pokétube content that I consumed were fan arrangements of some of the series’ legendary music. I was so obsessed with them that I made entire playlists full of them, and very early in my time here, I even attempted to have a thread created here for the sole purpose of showcasing them (that ultimately never happened, haha). I also really liked looking into ROM hacks — and still do! — to see how far people could push things in various different directions, whether that be with concepts, game mechanics, graphics, or (especially) storylines.

Nowadays, I find myself gravitating towards extensive analysis and review videos of various Pokémon games; everything from the mainline ones to the spin-offs (I was on a big Colosseum and XD kick not too long ago; those two games in particular just beg to be talked about). I’ve also dipped my toes into anime and manga stuff, more so the latter (particularly Pokémon Adventures). There’s apparently quite the rabbit hole to tumble down with both, haha, so maybe I’ll end up doing that one day.

I normally watch Pokémon challenge playthroughs, that sort where the person has some very goofy rule in place. Like MandJTV's "Emerald but no learning new moves" or Alpharad's "White 2 but my team is level 1".

I'd largely lost interest in watching Nuzlockes once Pokémon Challenges encouraged everyone to metagame them and disregard bonding (one of  THE big core tenants of Nuzlocke playthroughs, up there with retiring if they faint) but the trio of Nuzlocke playthroughs done by Jaiden Animations are all top class.

I like challenges and nuzlockes. I guess I just like the way people make the randomness or the added feature work to beat the game. I mainly focus on the video games, but sometimes I watch some memes if I feel like it.

i don't really watch pokemon content as much as i used to, but when i did, i was big into competitive content. i'm the type of person that likes the strategies that people think of, what pokemon they use and their EV spreads and what circumstances to use them in, things like that. even if i'm not really that into competitive anymore or keep up with the competitive scene, these videos definitely kept my interest up due to how entertaining and even informative they were.

Fakémon are always fun to see. They really get those creative gears in me turning. But challenge runs always take the cake, especially nuzlockes. The imminent danger always keeps me invested in both the trainer and their team and the flexibility of the rules makes every nuzlocke unique. I've even found someone doing a nuzlocke series that doesn't end until every Pokemon enters the hall of fame. I just wish I could be better at them myself

Back
Top Bottom