• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S25 EP45: Must Be Our Heroes and the Witch!

what's wrong with Psyduck? Genuinely, Psyduck sounds great, it's really close to the original.
I don’t hate it, but do I think Haigney’s was a bit more distinctive myself. Totodile, however, Lisa is way off base from what Kayzie did in Johto, AG, and DP dubbed IMO from SM onward.

One thing I think does suck though in all seriousness, Ash’s Bayleef getting a dub voice permanently for all of JN: was really hoping that was a one time thing but it’s not.

In the 4Kids dub of Johto-Hoenn/AG and TPCi’s DP dub, Ash’s Bayleef kept its Japanese voice: Lisa really should’ve just left that alone, it was fine the way it was IMO.

If Cathcart’s not @BigDocFan this episode had the best dub script to me since AG145 back in Season 8 to me: whoever this is, is impressing me so far since I never liked the dub’s writing when he got full power over it from 07-23 much, the broke line excluded because apparently someone in Japan thought a 10 year old should say stuff like that too. Still, I pray and hope he recovers from his cancer, no one deserves that.

Last edited:
Wow so maybe JCC really left the dub abruptly instead of finishing out all his duties.

He is suffering from cancer, something I wouldn't wish on anybody, he may have had to leave the series on medical grounds
Right but that article said he would be done AFTER journeys and the dub is still including MPM as part of journeys.

I don’t hate it, but do I think Haigney’s was a bit more distinctive myself. Totodile, however, Lisa is way off base from what Kayzie did in Johto, AG, and DP dubbed IMO from SM onward.

One thing I think does suck though in all seriousness, Ash’s Bayleef getting a dub voice permanently for all of JN: was really hoping that was a one time thing but it’s not.

In the 4Kids dub of Johto-Hoenn/AG and TPCi’s DP dub, Ash’s Bayleef kept its Japanese voice: Lisa really should’ve just left that alone, it was fine the way it was IMO.

If Cathcart’s not @BigDocFan this episode had the best dub script to me since AG145 back in Season 8 to me: whoever this is, is impressing me so far since I never liked the dub’s writing when he got full power over it from 07-23 much, the broke line excluded because apparently someone in Japan thought a 10 year old should say stuff like that too. Still, I pray and hope he recovers from his cancer, no one deserves that.
Yeah Ash's Bayleef getting a dub voice is strange and I'm not sure why that happened? Same with Garchomp (who also always kept it's japanese voice prior to the Paul episode - including in previous Journeys appearances) and it's especially weird considering some of Ash's other Pokemon keep their jp voices as they always have like Donphan, Buizel, Lapras and Pidgeot.

Latias is dubbed, likely Knotz as she did it and Latios in Movie 18

On another note, I'm not sure Cathcart is handling the script now due to his health, I might be wrong
it's possible he's still adapting scripts but maybe due to his circumstances he can't be credited for it?

Right but that article said he would be done AFTER journeys and the dub is still including MPM as part of journeys.
Regardless of what the article says, their personal health comes first. Especially if it’s something as life altering as cancer; he may be physically incapable of working at the moment. We should be more considerate and understanding, here.

Did i step back into 2006? Why on earth are we still talking about dub preferences when this issue had already been beaten to death long ago. The TCPI dub had long since past its initial growing pains and it's more than watchable now; however, if you're going to pick it apart, feel free to criticise their practices regarding replacing the original OST. I mean, jesus. You're even criticising Psyduck saying it's name. Who the hell cares about that.

Did i step back into 2006? Why on earth are we still talking about dub preferences when this issue had already been beaten to death long ago. The TCPI dub had long since past its initial growing pains and it's more than watchable now; however, if you're going to pick it apart, feel free to criticise their practices regarding replacing the original OST. I mean, jesus. You're even criticising Psyduck saying it's name. Who the hell cares about that.

I mean, people are allowed to talk about it. Even in the early TPCI dub (why do people call it TCPI?), they kept some of the 4Kids era voices for Pokemon like Totodile that no longer keep them (in that case, justifiable since Kayzie Rogers departed a long time ago) and Bayleef wasn't dubbed over before JN, so it's all fair game. It's a dub discussion thread, after all.

Time is a flat circle and likely they will bring it up all during horizons as well.

Last edited:
As for Horizons I expect basically the same thing just without Carter anymore, but if they said they were starting with a new cast/studio that would be mildly interesting...

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom