• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hydaelyn’s Chosen (A FFXIV thread)

crawling back onto the bulbagarden forums for Other Reasons(TM) but i feel like it's only right to reply to this thread with a proper Gamer Post about how much of my life i pour into this game-

i have some twenty something alts spread across crystal, and i also parsed green Once back when panda first circle was on-content. i have not been actively running on-content material because i haven't had the nerve to gear. However. i roleplay in this game like a goddamn maniac and if you happen to be on crystal/primal/dynamis/aether, and you wanna get into roleplay or if you're looking for someone else to roleplay with, poke me, dammit. ff14 is a fantastic setting to roleplay in, and some of the most fun i've ever had doing it in a game before.

on terms of Things That Happened Recently, most of these are roleplay which shouldn't be surprising- though before i get into the meat of it, i'd like to mention that i'm working my way through beast of brewer's beacon which at this point i think is a rite of passage into the world of Big Fishing Hell. currently checking navigator's brand windows whenever the urge to fish strikes me. i've got an ishgardian noblewoman who's locked in a back-and-forth with her girlfriend about how long they're going to wait before they finally bite the bullet and get married because superstition likes to punch them in the face and yell at them to tie the knot already. and i've got a tall, silly midlander hyur man who's very slowly starting to learn that no, he's not a monster just because he woke up his inner beast when he was 10.

anyways word vomit over, please poke me if you want one that's larger because hoo boy i can go bigger

i have some twenty something alts spread across crystal,
POWERFUL...

I wish I could get more into ff rp, unfortunately when I play all I want to do is CONTENT. Speaking of, I don't really have much news on my front other than grinding that (U)COB.
We are currently cleaning up Bahamut's Quickmarch and starting Blackfire Trio. Surprised I'm doing an ultimate before clearing a tier of savage? Me too. LMAO
I also have gotten to play with @lisianthus and @colours , which is always a fun time!

Took a break from playing because con, cleaning and art focus, but I hope to dive back in soon.

ever since getting all 80s and then amaro, ive kinda just...been vibing, mostly. then i thought "why not learn how to barrier heal and be good at it just in case i need to?"

and lo and behold nowadays im practicing scholar and trying to figure out how it works lmao

also hoping to get into more ex/savage content soon, but im too afraid of PF to do that so i guess i have to consider a static or something...

i just want more mounts and cool gear man

then i thought "why not learn how to barrier heal and be good at it just in case i need to?"
I know who to call for this one, LOL.

Tbh versatility is great though especially if you’re looking to do high end. Sometimes I feel like a one trick pony focusing solely on casting and healing. I’ll get back to tanking one day I swear…

also hoping to get into more ex/savage content soon, but im too afraid of PF to do that so i guess i have to consider a static or something...
You can always yell in Asiyah! For savage statics though, a lot of them may already have seats filled, and I won’t be joining any myself until ucob is done (plate too full)… But it’s worth a try! I also need to practice potd solo again soon… Baby steps.

What mount do you want next?

I know who to call for this one, LOL.
yeah i think i know who you may be thinking of LMAO

Tbh versatility is great though especially if you’re looking to do high end. Sometimes I feel like a one trick pony focusing solely on casting and healing. I’ll get back to tanking one day I swear…
im a decent caster and healer i think (or well, i hope!), and as for tanking, i sometimes go gnb to not fall out of practice with it but idt i would tanking anything super hard lol ;__;

You can always yell in Asiyah! For savage statics though, a lot of them may already have seats filled, and I won’t be joining any myself until ucob is done (plate too full)… But it’s worth a try! I also need to practice potd solo again soon… Baby steps.
i feel too anxious to ask there!! idk like not many people there know me and maybe itd be weird to ask? maybe im overthinking it skdksksjx

but yeah actually do want to try current savage content for once... hopefully down the line when someone in asiyah has an open healer/caster spot

What mount do you want next?
i want the ew extreme cat mounts first tbh, and then the eden mounts after but i still want both so im not too picky either or!!

speaking of crafters/gatherers...

i suddenly have this urge to level them all?? idk im just bored and want something to do other than gear for raids so might as well craft/gather during downtime, right? so far i'm trying to get all my crafters/gatherers to 60 so i can toss out old gear and progress from there.

i'm still... rather green to it all and i hope to be at least a semi-decent crafter but yeah, it's fun so far!! .. except the fact that i'm still manual crafting. u__u ik there are macros out there but like, i worry a lot bc they require a certain amount of CP and oftentimes i feel i fall a bit too short of that? so i worry that would like. break the macro or whatever lmao.

speaking of crafters/gatherers...

i suddenly have this urge to level them all?? idk im just bored and want something to do other than gear for raids so might as well craft/gather during downtime, right? so far i'm trying to get all my crafters/gatherers to 60 so i can toss out old gear and progress from there.

i'm still... rather green to it all and i hope to be at least a semi-decent crafter but yeah, it's fun so far!! .. except the fact that i'm still manual crafting. u__u ik there are macros out there but like, i worry a lot bc they require a certain amount of CP and oftentimes i feel i fall a bit too short of that? so i worry that would like. break the macro or whatever lmao.
That's why you use the trial synthesis button to test the macros without wasting resources for the item you're crafting first, and if you're a bit low on CP then buy some food :bulbaLove: I relied on food if I found out from my trial synthesis I was missing a little bit of CP, or if it didn't quite hit max quality/progress at the end. it's not too bad

How's everyone surviving this tome event? Because it's the 10th anniversary, their giving a lotta good stuff this time... I want too much @_@ I've been playing pvp a little every day to grind. Currently sitting at 350. Aiming for at LEAST 500. I've been grinding Rival Wings since I'm close to the mount and I'm one of those crazy people that actually likes pvp. (It got seriously toxic last night though...)

That said, I am one series level away from the mount! I love killing two birds with one stone. I heard P1N is the fastest way to grind, but I hate monotony too much to do that. I haven't leveled my Blu past 70 either... LOL...

i'm currently sitting at 600 tomes. and all i've really been doing is spamming third tier alliance raids! 95% of it is nier tower, though. i love the nier raids!

i don't even think i'm really looking for anything in particular, i'm just grinding tomes for the sake of it and blowing it all at the end, yknow?

I've gotten back into playing this game after a hiatus.

I haven't paid a lot of attention to the current Moogle event. Perhaps I should, but I'm not much interested in what I already don't have. I wish they'd bring the pegasus mount to a Moogle even again. I was so disappointed to see it wasn't here.

Um… hi, haha?

I really don’t know what to say, to be honest, except that I’ve been interested in FFXIV for quite a while now — for some inexplicable reason that I can’t put down even now, I’m just drawn to it for some reason — and I want to know where to start, haha. And whom better to ask than friends, right? So with that said… would anyone like to give me a primer?

Just a few couple of random thoughts:

Spoilers for the second Alliance Raid duty of Endwalker, which I just played for the first time today:

OMG. I adore that Menphina has a wolf!! I love wolves, if people don't know! Funny, I have always chosen Menphina as the Guardian of my characters, and now I know I very much made the right choice!

I want that wolf as a mount! I must have!! Come on, SE! Please???

Second thought: Duty Support is awesome. At this point, I'm kinda glad it wasn't there when I started the game, because I had to learn to play with others and eventually got over the "performance anxiety" (for the most part), which makes me happy. I'm happy that I have more confidence nowadays (except for in Alliance Raids D: Lol). But I think that Duty Support is really neat! It gives me opportunities to play the roles/jobs that I don't like playing with others (Healers and Tanks). My only complaint, is that I don't think I can really "learn" what I need from the Duty Support, because single-mob pull is not how people do it in Duties that you play with others. Thus, Tanking and Healing are much, much simpler, and it doesn't translate over to playing with others well at all. =(

Spoilers for after Duty Support of The Vault (and story afterward) in Heavensward:

But also... Duty Support lets you play with characters from the past. I suppose, SE had to take the chance to use Harchefaunt in The Vault.

n6Fn2TI.png

My heart. No, I'm not okay!!

Um… hi, haha?

I really don’t know what to say, to be honest, except that I’ve been interested in FFXIV for quite a while now — for some inexplicable reason that I can’t put down even now, I’m just drawn to it for some reason — and I want to know where to start, haha. And whom better to ask than friends, right? So with that said… would anyone like to give me a primer?

Oh, I'm so sorry no one has responded to you yet! It's been a whole week. What is it you would specifically like to know? Are you familiar with MMORPGs? I wasn't beforehand and it got me in some trouble sometimes. (Like I began as a Gladiator, which I chose because swords and shields are cool IMO. I had no idea that it wasn't a damage class, and I had no idea what the heck a "tank" was. I ran a dungeon and everyone got mad at me and they were using terms like "stance" which meant nothing to me.

If this is your first MMORPG, let us know and we can surely help you avoid mistakes like I made. lol

sooooo i think xiv can do a much better job being more blatant with new player tools.

hall of the novice being completely optional is a pretty big offender. not only that, but guildhests serve as a way to guide sprouts on how dungeons work on a smaller scale and that's easily avoidable, too. no one would ever know these two options exist for new members to basically get a crash course on their role and how it works on a fundamental level and i think it's something square enix needs to make like... mandatory.

Last edited:
So with that said… would anyone like to give me a primer?
I meant to reply to this a bit ago and I just kept forgetting!! So sorry Baku!

Echoing Aulos, FFXIV is an MMO you can 'play' lots of different ways, so I can give you some pointers for what you may enjoy in it/what to get involved in once I know what you'd like in a game. I will preface with the standard though that the game is a commitment, it's not for everyone. Luckily the free trial extends to the third expansion now so you do have time to muddle about before committing fully. I have a hunch you'd like it for the story most of all though.
sooooo i think xiv can do a much better job being more blatant with new player tools.
Can agree LOL. More often than not my friends new to the game require me to hold their hands more than the game itself. The game does a great job at spoonfeeding you your rotation and fight mechanics, but a lot of other little stuff you really just have to learn on your own (like how in dungeons best time to heal tank is when they are at 50% or lower, or how melee DPS give the best output for LB damage, stuff like that) I feel like it's easy to get lost, or realize how little sprouts learn on their own once you're a veteran player.

I haven't played today's patch yet, I heard from my bestie the music was really good, and that the camera work and animations were nice. Gonna see what it's all about tonight, hopefully! I wasn't really motivated to play as soon as it dropped.

i'm mostly pre-occupied with work things, so i also didn't get a chance to play as soon as it dropped. i think for now, i'm getting on, doing the msq, and that might be it? might be saving the third tier alliance raid for the weekend, depending how i feel.

Back
Top Bottom