• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ009: Arrival in Paldea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't see Liko or Roy undergoing many team changes in general.

The bond between them and their respective starter seems to be the main focus.

I honestly don't see Liko or Roy undergoing many team changes in general.

The bond between them and their respective starter seems to be the main focus.
I don't agree with that.
Liko needs a full team to defend himself.
As for Roy, I don't see him being able to beat Rayquaza with a small amount of Pokemon.

I don't agree with that.
As for Roy, I don't see him being able to beat Rayquaza with a small amount of Pokemon.

I do think they will make a few captures, but I doubt either will get full teams when there are five other members of the RVTs that have Pokemon of their own that also need their fair share of attention (discounting Ludlow, who seems to have none); not to mention that there are even more uncaptured Pokemon that call their ship home.

Having such a large human cast naturally limits the amount of Pokemon they can have amongst themselves. The same thing happened in Sun & Moon, where Ash only had a full team of six for the post-Alola League Exhibition Match, and the rest of his friends had one or two each. I'd rather Liko and Roy have three or four Pokemon that get equal focus and interesting plotlines than shoehorning enough to give them full teams of six with unbalanced attention spread between them.

Last edited:
Outside of Friede, I'm not sure how much attention the other crew members will have. They don't seem to be as prominent as Friede is. Either that or I just never hear or see much attention for any of the Rising Volt Tackler members who aren't Friede since he has more marketable/popular Pokemon. Regardless, the fact that the crew have one Pokemon associated with them is another reason why I doubt that Liko and Roy will get full teams as well. They already have a lot of Pokemon to flesh out between Liko, Roy and the rest of the crew. Adding in ten more Pokemon to give both Liko and Roy full teams would just make things messier.

I'm sure that they'll both get at least a couple of Pokemon down the road, but considering that we don't know what their goals are yet, I don't see Liko and Roy getting full teams.

I don't agree with that.
Let's see if this episode aired this Friday. If she going to catch lechonk or not. Otherwise, let's wait another 5 to 10 episode to see how plot goes. If the studio decided to go slow pace of building up.

I kinda doubt she'll catch Lechonk. We haven't had Liko's first major capture yet, but when we do, I kinda get the feeling it would be the central focus of the episode. Here the central focus is arriving in Paldea and meeting her dad. First captures are generally a big deal.

Regardless, the fact that the crew have one Pokemon associated with them is another reason why I doubt that Liko and Roy will get full teams as well. They already have a lot of Pokemon to flesh out between Liko, Roy and the rest of the crew.
It would matter if it weren't for the fact that RVTs (except Friede) don't get much screen time.
I'm sure that they'll both get at least a couple of Pokemon down the road, but considering that we don't know what their goals are yet, I don't see Liko and Roy getting full teams.
I don't understand. We know their goals.
Liko- Willing to learn more about the pendant and become a strong trainer so as not to have to rely on said pendant.
Roy - fight against Shiny Rayquaza

It would matter if it weren't for the fact that RVTs (except Friede) don't get much screen time.
That could either change as the series progress or they'll do something with all of these Pokemon on the ship at least. They could just be the Cerise lab crew 2.0 in that they just exist, but considering the amount of characters on the crew, I would assume that they'll have some focus episodes or have more prominent roles in the future.

I don't understand. We know their goals.
Liko- Willing to learn more about the pendant and become a strong trainer so as not to have to rely on said pendant.
Roy - fight against Shiny Rayquaza
I thought that Liko was still searching for her goal with Sprigatito. I don't know if that has changed, but Liko not having a goal was why people were speculating on her taking on Gyms when these episode titles were first revealed. I'm not so sure about Roy, but I'm fairly certain that Liko doesn't have an established goal yet. Even if those are their goals, I don't think that they need full teams. Liko could become a stronger trainer with just a couple of Pokemon and Roy could still try to battle Shiny Rayquaza with a couple of Pokemon too. Compared to battle active goals like Gyms or Contests, I don't think having a full team would be a necessity for Liko and Roy.

For both characters to have full teams, they would need to add ten more Pokemon to the cast. Even without factoring in the other Pokemon on the crew, that's a lot. Since I don't see them doing something more battle active like Gyms that would potentially give their Pokemon a chance to develop, I think giving them full teams at this point would do more harm than good. It would be extremely easy for their Pokemon to become underdeveloped or fade into the background in favor of more popular Pokemon. Giving them a few Pokemon, like maybe two or three, would be potentially easier to manage.

Are they hiding something in Liko's father's house? We would like to see Liko's mother is inside her husband or Alex is home alone in the next episode "Arrival in Paldea!".

Yes, Friede being hired by Liko's mom and her being suspiciously absent in the previews is interesting. Maybe they're divorced, maybe she's off on a pendant related quest.

Y'know, the random Finizin in episode 1's start was real weird. Since other than that in the rest of the episodes and even the ending, they are only showcasing pokemon revealed before release. It was just a random 2 second exception at the start.

Edit: I guess Baby Terapagos also counts but, that one has more of an explination.

Y'know, the random Finizin in episode 1's start was real weird. Since other than that in the rest of the episodes and even the ending, they are only showcasing pokemon revealed before release. It was just a random 2 second exception at the start.

Edit: I guess Baby Terapagos also counts but, that one has more of an explination.
The ending shows Paldean Tauros while the opening shows Wattrel. Neither were shown pre-release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom