• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you have any siblings?

chocovelvetcake

Your local cake lover ~ ♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
I have 7 siblings: 3 brothers and 4 sisters, and I'm the third youngest (I'm the third born daughter in my family, so I guess I could be considered a middle child lol).

Both of my older sisters and 2 of my older brothers have kids. One of my nieces is a year older than me, and her sister just had a baby last year, making me a great aunt at the ripe young age of 18.

Only child here

When I was younger I actually liked it, but nowadays I feel lonely when thinking about it.

One brother! With a huge age gap too, 14-15 years. I was born in April 1991 and him August 2005. Babysitting him when I was a teenager was exhausting but nowadays he's starting up uni intending to major in pharmacy, awesome how far he's come. Not sure I want any more siblings honestly, I loved being an only child lol. Guess I also got used to it after so long too.

I have one sister, and she's seven years younger than me. The age gap definitely seemed bigger when we were younger, so it's kind of surreal now that we're both adults seeing just how much she's grown over the years. I can't believe she's turning 24 this year :')

I have one sister, and she's seven years younger than me. The age gap definitely seemed bigger when we were younger, so it's kind of surreal now that we're both adults seeing just how much she's grown over the years. I can't believe she's turning 24 this year :')
I can relate to the big age gap thing. All of my older siblings are way older than me. Most of them are in their 30s. My oldest sibling is in her early 40s, and my youngest oldest sibling is only in his early 20s. It sounds crazy just thinking about it.

And the craziest part about this is I didn't even know I had any older siblings until I got older. Before that, I thought I only had two younger sisters, and that's it. We all share the same dad, but not the same mom. My mom had me and my two younger sisters and all of my older siblings were born from one mom. My God, I have such a big family.

I'm the second oldest of four; I have two brothers and a sister. My older brother is four years older than me, and I'm five years older than my younger brother, who is two years older than our sister. Naturally, younger brother and sister have always been closer with each other than I have with either of them; I've always gotten along more with my older brother instead,

I have an older sister who is 13 years older than me, but we have the same dad and different moms. She lived partially at home when I was young but I don't remember much about that. She left for college when I was like 4 years old so I pretty much grew up as an only child. Which has its advantages, but I also sometimes wish I had a younger sibling.

I became an uncle when I was 18 years old and my sister had her first child. I sometimes kinda feel like a big brother to my 2 nieces who I get along with very well.

I've got a brother 9 years older than me. We are not that close due to the age gap. He left for studying when I was younger and when my parents divorced we stayed with different parents, so we didn't get the chance to bond with each other. If it wasn't for the fact that my mom had two miscarriages, I would have still been the youngest boy of 4 siblings.

I'm an only child as well, so no siblings. I used to think that was cool and unique when I was a kid, and I guess it must have some upsides — but thinking about it now, as an adult, it was and still can be pretty lonely at times. What really gets me is the fact that without any siblings there are a lot of life experiences that you'll just never have.

I do have a lot of (mostly younger) cousins, and for some people that can be similar, but we really aren't very close at all.

I’m an only child, and I’m honestly rather happy about that. Not because I dislike the idea of siblings, or because I would hate having them if I did have any, but simply because it makes certain elements of my life as it right now much easier (I won’t elaborate). And on a lighter note, I always have enjoyed the perks of having all of the gifts and attention all to myself, haha.

That said, there actually was a time when I was really young where I kind of wished that I had at least one sibling, but not so much when I became older; I just took for granted that I was an only child after a certain point. However, I do wonder if, should I ever decide to raise a child, whether I should go out of my way to give them siblings, so that they would have that experience growing up that I never had. (Perhaps looking at the expenses for that might change my mind pretty quickly, though; haha.)

one sister and one brother! and they're both older siblings so i'm the youngest one~

... which was fine for a while since i was the spoiled one but sometimes being spoiled also meant not taking me seriously + thinking i'm incapable which is a whole 'nother annoying thing but w/e. s:

I have two brothers, four if you count my stepmother's sons, but they can cease to exist for all I care.

I'm not really that close to my oldest brother since we're 8 years apart and also some other stuff he did when I was younger, but as of recent I've been doing more things with middle brother (4 years older), whom I used to fight with on a daily basis. My mum says I behave like an only child, but I'm glad to have siblings, seeing s my mum and her brother aren't close at all; I've literally never interacted with the dude once in my life and he only lives a two hour plane trip away.

Used to wish that I had a sister, but you know what, I think I'm good.

Sooooooo I have 6 brothers. It ranges from the oldest being 15 years old than me, then me having one younger, who is a year and a half younger than me. Growing up it had it's advantages, and disadvantages. I'd always had someone to talk with, or do stuff like watch sports together, or play games with when there wasn't other people around. Though as a disadvantage I never did get to have my own room, and spent time sleeping on the floor due to a lack of room.

Ooo. I have only one brother and I'm quite distant from him. Not even sure if he my half or full brother. We have very different views, especially when it comes to Pokémon. He doesn't like it, sometimes opposes it quite harshly. So what if I want to rock down the street wearing my eeveelution hoodie :3 or my Pikachu t-shirt. Actually I've never had one bad comment from the public, on the contrary they quite admirer it. So yeah, we are living on different worlds, so to speak. And it's upsetting sometimes.

I have a sister but we're very different and don't live together anymore. I only really talk to her over Discord. LOL

I kinda wish I could have had a brother too.. like I just think it would be cool? I dunno. I wonder if I'd prefer a younger brother or an older one.

I have an older sister. Her and I are so different from each other. It's kinda funny. Although being several years older, a lot of my childhood was spent with her. Sometimes we argued, sometimes we enjoyed doing things together (like when Animal Crossing came out, we both played that). She's always been a much more active dater than I, and that's one key difference between her and I. Lots of bad influence from men that have been in her life.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom