• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Got tears of the kingdom last night. The prologue was a bit long but creation is way too much fun.
Did you have trouble with a certain.......electrified phantom of Ganon then?
eheheheheheheheheheh I had to go grab mifas grace and more hearts. Still pretty hard even then. Also a test of major strength was only achieved with bow spamming, despite that being the last shrine I did before master sword and hyrule castle.

Tears of the Kingdom. tears of the KINGDOM. TEARS OF THE KIngdom. tears of the king dom t ea r s. of the king. dom.

I currently have 52 shrines, with 24 lightroots, with 7 memories collected and the first dungeon completed. All of this has been through about 60 hours of playtime over the first 10 days. I am going pretty slow, but enjoying every bit of it. Though...I think I might like Breath of the Wild a little bit more? Couldn't quite explain why - though I think it's because I don't know if I'll ever feel the same way the first time I booted up Breath of the Wild in any other Zelda game. It's very clear this is a much better, more polished game than Breath of the Wild though.

I've been playing Tears of The Korok Kingdom. Its been absolutely amazing playing through and having so much freedom. I've been having a lot of fun exploring Hyrule and I love how fresh it feels. I made it through one of the dungeons and I'm glad I went for the Rito's quest first cause Tulin is an absolutely precious bean. Friendship ended wirh Revali. Tulin is my best friend now.

Apparently the analog stick on my 2DS is wearing out (or something is interfering with moving the stick vertically) ... this doesn't particularly impact playing portable Pokemon, but something like Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is a different matter.

Anyway, switched back to Pokemon Sword for a bit. Isle of Armor NPC showed me Zorua, but I can't catch one unless there's fog. Urshifu can Gigantamax now, all that's left is to fact the dojo master Musard for a final battle. In the meantime, I've caught the 3 legendary birds in the Crown Tundra, tracks for 2 of the beasts, but still have the 3 Regis to fight and I don't know how to progress the "main story" yet. Will figure that one out in time.

Meanwhile, Umbreon just released in Pokemon Unite and it's ridiculously fun to play. It's a Physical Melee Defender (the previous 3 Eeveelutions were all Ranged Special Attackers) and can be VERY tough to kill in a fight. Doesn't deal much damage in attacks, but one of its moves (Mean Look) locks down a single opponent inside a small circle for a few seconds so you can keep a ranged Pokemon in melee range, or alternatively block them from chasing you on the retreat.

Skyrim on the Switch. I've become the Thieves Guild's Guildmaster and have bought a house in Solitude. Now I just need to grind money so I can invest in it and potentially attempt to adopt a child in there (I've never done it before since I only played the PC version without the DLCs. Heck I haven't even gone to Solstheim yet)

Picked up my Breath of Fire 2 file again on my main Switch. I completed the SimaFort scenario (aka: the bizarro episode of the game's plot), recruited Jean permanently, cleared Bow's name by turning in Yua Patty to Trout, then trounced Trout in his demon form with Ryu and Bow. Now it's off to find the Grassman, Spar. But first we need a way to cross the ocean. I also managed to fill up five of the new homes in Township, with the only one not occupied being House 4, as I'm debating who should take resident in it. On top of that I have two of the Elemental Shamans: Fire and Water. Ryu is Level 18, Katt is Level 15, Nina is Level 18, Rand is Level 17, Sten is Level 16, Jean is Level 12, and Bow is Level 13.

Trade by Union Room with other Gen V games. Could’ve checked old White file but I erased it to trade the Snivy (unsure if you can trade in Union Room before badges) but I got a Tepig and that can take on Cheren’s starter since I chose Oshawott. I now have 6 badges and will train and explore areas. Which Pokémon should I catch first, Coballian or Vorizon? I can’t catch Terrakion until reaching Victory Rd.

I tried popping in Persona Q the other day on my 3DS but apparently the cartridge has died. RIP :(

In the meantime, this week I picked up indie game "Spirit of the North", a game where you play a fox following a spirit fox on a journey through some very Nordic inspired snowland. It's quite beautiful, the story has not a single word of dialogue (it's all "show, don't tell", which limits the kinds of story you can tell but when you can tell one, dang) though it's not without its share of "indie game wonk", like: the fox's bark sounding a little too much like a dog's, the finicky jump physics (when near walls), time-based puzzles with thin margins for error, the legitimate difficulty of animating/placing a creature's feet on arbitrary terrain, the one spot I got nearly softlocked in (but ultimately navigated out of), the one spot I got actually softlocked in (which was apparently just 30 seconds away from the next autosave/checkpoint, too), and one or two areas that are probably too big for their own good. But it was a great experience overall.

Chapter 1:
You are a fox, well furred against the snowy lands. There's a strange red band stretching across the sky, and a glowing spirit fox leading you somewhere. There are also remains of an ancient people, where you can return their staffs to release their spirits or something. Anyway, your path goes through snow, ice, crevasses and caves until you reach the end of a small cavern covered by glowing red hazardous growths that slowly choke the breath out of your fox the closer you get -- but the spirit fox comes to your rescue, releasing a blast of light that completely obliterates it ... and the floor, too, plummeting your fox into --

Chapter 2:
You survived the fall, but just barely, and your fox seems to have broken a leg. The spirit fox beckons you onward still, making sure to not leave you behind, as it illuminates various wall carvings illustrating lore. Something about a mountain, a fox, and the people who revered it (stuff which will make MUCH more sense after Chapter 4). You are led to a circle of stones before your fox's strength fails, but the spirit fox comes to the rescue again, lighting up the surrounding stones and passing its spirit energy to you, healing the fox and giving you the ability to collect, store, and deposit spirit light (for various mechanisms and puzzles throughout the game).

Chapter 3:
The spirit fox is reduced to a mere wisp but still accompanies you, occasionally pointing out things of interest, such as white flowers that charge you with spirit energy, and assisting with various mechanisms: the puzzle-solving mantra thus becomes (1) collect spirit energy then (2) deposit it in some mechanism to progress. As you arrive at an ancient ruin, you discover a room choked with the same hazardous red growths as seen in Chapter 1, but you receive the ability to charge your spirit light and release a blast to purify it, just as the spirit fox did to save you earlier. Onwards!

Chapter 4:
As your path leads into the ruins of an ancient settlement, the sky turns red and the lore starts piecing itself together: the red bands across the sky are a volcanic pollution from the nearby mountain, and it fell on this civilization, slowly choking and killing them off, and various wall carvings reprise what you learned in Chapter 2. There's some connection between the mountain and the fox ... or was it maybe two foxes? You now receive the ability to separate spirit from fox, used to pass through hazardous brambles (or walk on water) to access mechanisms you can't reach physically. After a lot of effort purifying numerous growths left behind by the volcanic pollution, you trek onwards to...

Chapter 5:
The mountain seems to be your destination, and you receive your final ability: a spirit dash that also serves as a sort of double-jump. Streams of water turn to solid volcanic flows (tar? silt?) that actually aren't as dangerous as they look, and while it is quite a long road, eventually you enter the mountain itself for...

Chapter 6:
The interior of the mountain is dark, claustrophobic, and there's only one patch of flowers for you to collect spirit energy with. But upon attempting to access what looks like (by now) a fairly standard rotating pillars puzzle, everything suddenly goes wrong: The spirit wisp with you cries out in pain, turns red, seemingly panics and now flees from you. You still have one "charge" of spirit energy to operate mechanisms with, but without flowers to "refill" this energy you have to store and retrieve it strategically to progress. Your path winds into the heart of the mountain, but at some point you are required to leave the energy behind and proceed alone in pursuit of the wisp still fleeing from you, despite a long path choked by volcanic ash and hazardous growths, and with no ability to purify it your fox suffers, slows, and ultimately collapses, proceeding onwards in spirit form while its body is left to die. Which leads to...

Chapter 7:
Separated from its body, your fox arrives in a bright spirit forest with the wisp still fleeing from you in ... fear? pain? The forest is massive and it's easy to get lost, but the path ultimately leads to a temple dedicated to the fox (foxes?), attended by spirits of the ancient people you've freed along the way. Deep in the heart of this temple you find the spirit fox, its true form lying motionless and decaying while the ancient keepers look on. But with your help the spirit fox is healed, and now it follows you: your path leads out of the temple, along an aurora spanning the whole forest and, ultimately, back to the body you left behind and with it --

Chapter 8:
Your fox is revived! The spirit fox is still following you, and your path ascends out of the mountain's depths to its peak, where you find a statue of two foxes, with a pedestal on each side, one of which holds the body of the spirit fox. The other pedestal is yours, which heals the mountain, and frees the two foxes to run and play across the sky, leaving bands of aurora in their wake as the credits roll.

If I had a dollar every time I saw a story about a fox creating the Aurora Borealis, I'd have ... two dollars. Weird that it's happened more than once.

Last edited:
Skyrim, once again. I adopted an orphan child from Windhelm. She was selling flowers and since I'm siding with the Imperials in this file, I can't justify taking her in before basically taking over the city. Khajiit dad powerz~

Got my 7th Gym Badge and am now in the Desert Ruins to stop Team Plasma as well as reaching about Lv. 42 to capture Cabalion.

Planet Zoo: pumped for free update 1.14 and what I assume will be the Desert Animal Pack DLC both on the 20th of this month

Edit: it's apparently called the Arid Animal Pack

Last edited:
Finally started Xenoblade Definitive! Fun so far even if I'm just 1-2 hours in. Took me 55 hours or so to beat the Temtem main story and it's nice to finally be able to jump into this game with how much people I know love it.

Still am on Black training at the Relic Castle and beating the wild Krokorok and wild Configraus down to reach around Lv. 42+ to take on Cobalion.

With LeafGreen, am training Emerald team to Lv. 75+ to take on Steven back in original game be rematching trainers on Seven Island.

I've played Pokémon Scarlet earlier to trade with my girlfriend each other's exclusive Paldean Tauros (she has the water variant, I got the fire variant). I'm also planning to make another character in Skyrim where my goal is to screw over Maven Blackbriar as much as possible. And my character is going to look like Scorpion from Mortal Kombat 11.

Pokémon Black: I have my Samurott at Lv. 45 and will train more Pokémon Lv. 45 and maybe expand my obtaining.

Pokémon LeafGreen: Still am on the verge for my of Lv. 75 but will get there. Just have some Pokémon in the 70s Lvs.

Saw Dark Souls 3: Special Edition real cheap in a sale and so I've descended into my second ever souls-like game. I don't know what it was about Sekiro that gave me conniptions, but in comparison I am flying through this game. I beat Gundyr on my first try and even Sword Master and Vordt only took a couple of runs before I defeated them handily. Despite not having played the prior DS games and thus not always recognizing references, I am definitely more invested in the lore and NPCs than I was with Sekiro. My only real criticism is that the game doesn't explain all of its mechanics very well, some things I literally stumbled into using such as Summons.

Overall good stuff so far. Not sure which ending I'll shoot for but that'll be a long way off since I aim to do as many side-quests as possible.

Back
Top Bottom