• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Maybe after we know about Liko and Roy's goals, we'll get an idea for what the ideal size their teams will be. As you said, definitely a trend that main characters who don't battle tend to have smaller teams. In fact, the lack of full teams in the anime also further enforces the lack of full battles in the anime, clearly only being saved for the most plot-important reasons.
We typically don't really get a lot of full battles until the end of a series anyway. That's been the case for quite sometime, so I don't think that's necessarily the result f having fewer full teams in the anime.

We typically don't really get a lot of full battles until the end of a series anyway. That's been the case for quite sometime, so I don't think that's necessarily the result f having fewer full teams in the anime.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think its generally at least two a series, with the exception of BW and SM

AG: Katie, Morrison, and Tyson
DP: Lake Acuity Paul, Sinnoh League Paul, and Tobias.
BW: Cameron
XY: Sawyer and Alain
SM: Professor Kukui
JN: Champion Cynthia and Leon

I could very well be wrong but, I could actually see us maybe getting more 6v6's in this series, if the number of trainer battles that actually finish increases atleast. Just due to the fact that its generally less episodic than previous series were, which is probably part of the reason why previous series had less full battles, because they can't easily be squeezed into one episode.

I could see Liko possibly having a final climactic battle with Amethio at some point. But as you said, they are usually reserved for those "final boss" situations, and I feel Amethio may be the one Liko eventually aims to overcome.

I think that will most likely happen if Sprigatito evolves.
If Liko HAS to have an out-of-ball Pokemon to cuddle they should make it literally anything else but Eevee, and it should preferably be a Pokemon that doesn't have any evolved forms to begin with. We've already had two Eevees in a row in a Togepi-esque role, and having any Pokemon with evolved forms in such a position sucks (I definitely think that Togepi should have evolved into Togetic much, much sooner than it did), but it's especially bad to do it to Eevee, whose entire shtick is evolution itself. Enough is enough. Let main Eevees evolve if we have to have them in the cast and give the shouldermon position to Pokemon that don't actually have anything to look forward to evolutionwise.

I'm not thinking so. I think that her first capture will actually be a Kanto starter, which I believe will be Squirtle while Roy gets Bulbasaur.
I really don't want any of them to get a Kanto starter. There is no need to throw in more Kanto pandering and they already have the Paldea starters anyway.

I'm not sure if I could see Liko with a Paldean Wooper, but it is cute and pretty popular, so it's possible. It would be nice if her first capture was another new Pokemon. A Clodsire on the cast would be cute too.

I really don't want any of them to get a Kanto starter. There is no need to throw in more Kanto pandering and they already have the Paldea starters anyway.

I'm not sure if I could see Liko with a Paldean Wooper, but it is cute and pretty popular, so it's possible. It would be nice if her first capture was another new Pokemon. A Clodsire on the cast would be cute too.
At least it would allow Venusaur and Blastoise to have a chance to shine for once because Charizard is hogging all the spotlight when it comes to the Kanto starters.

At least it would allow Venusaur and Blastoise to have a chance to shine for once because Charizard is hogging all the spotlight when it comes to the Kanto starters.
While it's true that Charizard takes up a lot of attention among the Kanto starters, I hesitate to say that either Venusaur or Blastiose suffer significantly because of that. They're both still popular and iconic in their own right, even if Charizard is more popular by comparison. They don't really need the extra attention or promotion with being featured in Horizons. It's also a pretty big assumption to say that either of them would even get a Venusaur or Blastoise even if they got a Bulbasaur and Squirtle. Unevolved starters are pretty marketable too.

Besides all that, even if they wanted to feature Bulbasaur or Squirtle in the anime, there are other characters they can use to do that instead of Liko and Roy. Giving both of them two starters each just feels so excessive and largely unnecessary in my opinion. I would rather have Liko and Roy get Paldea Pokemon while they can use the other characters in the cast to showcase older Pokemon instead.

Anime merch promoted Pokemon to not appear in the anime yet are the starter mid evos, Cetoddle, Charcadet, Clodsire and Baxcalibur.

Perhaps, one of those might join Liko and Roy soon? Charcadet (Armarouge) has been a popular theory for Liko to rival Amethio. Cetoddle could be a great cast Pokemon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom