• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

I put Scorbunny fan but really I like Cinderace the most lol

(Also the packaging made it sound like you needed to paint the model kits but I think I just read the box wrong and they come with stickers and they were just saying the kit can be painted and the promo pics are painted?)

Why is it toxic?
Learning languages is never 'easy' and people often get annoyed when someone claims learning one would be easy for them... Well, maybe they do not get annoyed in all instances - it depends the language, but Japanese especially evokes strong emotions.

Sorry if this is random, but I think our linguistic discussion, "XD", cannot not have this...
1000001242.png

I tried learning Japanese and all I learned was the incredibly useless skill of learning how to read Hiragana and Katakana. I also tried learning Russian which resulted in the equally useless skill of learning how to read the cyrillic alphabet.

My life is a series of failed ventures.

Speaking of learning languages, has anyone else gotten tired of that whole 'English is the hardest language to learn' thing that people love saying.

I mean I dunno about y'all, but if English really was 'the hardest language to learn', I don't think it'd be the most widely spoken language and the most widely spoken second-language.

People say that because they want to feel like they accomplished something.

I wish we lived in the timeline where Esperanto was the global language.

LOL I only heard 'English is the easiest language to learn' and 'Czech is (*one of) the hardest language to learn'. *(Editing to add this as I actually never heard that it's THE hardest one but that it's one of the hardest, heard that many times, usually in context 'be grateful it's your first language'.)

I think if there is any 'hardest language to learn' it would be one that has unavailable learning resources.

Also, how 'easy' or 'hard' a language is to learn depends on the first language of the learner... I don't know, I kind of do understand Russian. And Polish. Both just a bit though, but understanding a language is a skill and if you already have it before you start actively learning? Definitely a plus.

Last edited:
I don't think there exists a "hardest language to learn", it really depends on your native tongue and your propensity to pick up language and other factors. I like the FSI scale because it compares the difficulty of languages strictly for English speakers and doesn't just judge the components of a language with no control group. And interest is a big factor- Swedish and Spanish are both FSI 1 yet Swedish comes far easier to me purely because I'm just more invested in it.

People say that because they want to feel like they accomplished something.

LOL I only heard 'English is the easiest language to learn' and 'Czech is the hardest language to learn'.

Honestly, I would not be surprised if like 99% of the people who say that English is the hardest language to learn are monolinguals who only speak English.

Honestly, I would not be surprised if like 99% of the people who say that English is the hardest language to learn are monolinguals who only speak English.
It's 50.1% people wanting to feel accomplished and 49.9% people wanting to feel special for having English as their first language.

One of these days, I wanna learn to read Hangul, just to see if all the claims about how easy it is to learn to read it are true (think there's a common statement that goes like 'A wise man can learn it in a day, a fool can learn it in a week' or something like that)

Alternate proposal: We all learn Esperanto ( I will die on this hill). I’d rather an actual fake language be a vector for abuse and vicious grammatical assault.

Hmm... Czech history in nutshell: We need to speak Czech.. (as if, in Czechia, of course... I meant to say that language is one of the most important parts of cultural identity.)

European history be like:
  • King Frederick Willhelm von Garfunkel-Katzenjammer IV of the Kingdom of Glückensteinberg betroths his eldest daughter to Prince Jean-Michel Auguste-Cordeaux of the Kingdom of Boinsoir as part of an alliance between the two kingdoms
  • This triggers the outbreak of the Second War of the Wadoyskyi Succession between the Grand Duchy of Wadoyski and its allies and the Principality of Gran Turino and its allies
  • The war lasts for 9 years until the Treaty of Farten, signed in the City of Farten in the Kingdom of Poopenstein (a neutral power in the war)
  • The territory of Newburycastle is transferred from the Kingdom of Northumbersaxon to the Kingdom of Gaelia.
  • King Juan Jose Roberto de Castillo de Diablo de Sombrero XIV is restored to the throne in the Kingdom of Provincia
  • Pope Alexander XXVIIXVIXVIIX excommunicates like 5000000 people for going against the church or some shit.
  • The small Principality of Lügerbürger is established, a tax-haven that still exists to this day with a population of 13.
  • 10000 casualties, 300000 killed by disease

European history be like:
  • King Frederick Willhelm von Garfunkel-Katzenjammer IV of the Kingdom of Glückensteinberg betroths his eldest daughter to Prince Jean-Michel Auguste-Cordeaux of the Kingdom of Boinsoir as part of an alliance between the two kingdoms
  • This triggers the outbreak of the Second War of the Wadoyskyi Succession between the Grand Duchy of Wadoyski and its allies and the Principality of Gran Turino and its allies
  • The war lasts for 9 years until the Treaty of Farten, signed in the City of Farten in the Kingdom of Poopenstein (a neutral power in the war)
  • The territory of Newburycastle is transferred from the Kingdom of Northumbersaxon to the Kingdom of Gaelia.
  • King Juan Jose Roberto de Castillo de Diablo de Sombrero XIV is restored to the throne in the Kingdom of Provincia
  • Pope Alexander XXVIIXVIXVIIX excommunicates like 5000000 people for going against the church or some shit.
  • The small Principality of Lügerbürger is established, a tax-haven that still exists to this day with a population of 13.
  • 10000 casualties, 300000 killed by disease
Yeah and?

King Juan Jose Roberto de Castillo de Diablo de Sombrero XIV is restored to the throne in the Kingdom of Provincia
I know this is a joke but I'm studying history of Spain and it's too accurate lmao whenever they kick out a king either he comes back in two months or he gets replaced by a shittier, lazier king (usually his son who is also his nephew who is also, somehow, his brother)
Also de Castillo de Diablo de Sombrero is a very real surname, believe me/j

Back
Top Bottom