• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rules Bulbagarden Forum Rules (Last Updated: April 6, 2024)

By any chance could I get an example of an 500x500px image? Since that's the maximum size before you have to put it in a spoiler tag.
Sure thing! This is actually 512 x 512, but close enough. It is transparent but hopefully it'll give you a rough idea of what the sizing requirements are. Can you name this Pokémon...?
83085757-533F-4F7B-B1C9-E3FD0BF76682.png
Also, if I edit a post would the likes on it get removed?
Nope!

To clarify; is the limit the size of the Tynamo itself, or is it the square that appears when you highlight it (The actual size of the image)?
It's the square, sorry for not getting a better image but that was all I could find on hand that fit, ahaha...

Reaction score is how many "reactions" (aka likes) your posts have gotten. You will always be notified if you receive a warning, plus a new tab would appear on your profile with a list of warnings received including their point values and what rule was broken. It would look something like this, though these are very old warnings so the rule names are different than they are today.
View attachment 173891
What is a pointless Post?

it can vary; it's a rather broad term, but it applies to anything, well... pointless. this includes attempts to "bump"/resurrect a thread without contributing anything to the thread itself, posting nonsense/unintelligible things, making posts irrelevant to the place in which they are posted, etc.

It's an old warning from before we revamped the rules. It's since been repurposed as the Disruptive Posting rule, but it used to be much more strict when we had more activity and dealt with a lot more spam in general.

Last edited:
I got a question about the 'put images larger than 500x500 pixels underneath spoiler tags' rule, does that rule apply based on the actual dimensions of the image or the size of the image as embedded in a post?

What I mean is, take for example this image here (just a random pic from my Pokémon images folder):
08.jpg
The full size of the image (if you were to click on it and expand it) is 578x327 (so over the 500px limit when it comes to width), but I resized what's embedded in the post itself (using the 'change size' option available when you click the image in the default WYSIWYG editor) to 300x170, meaning what's now actually displayed in the post is under the 500x500 pixel limit.

So I'm just wondering would I still have to put the image in spoiler tags in that case or nah?

(pls dont ban me for not spoilering the image in this question post if the answer is 'still put it under spoiler tags' thanks lol /s)

I got a question about the 'put images larger than 500x500 pixels underneath spoiler tags' rule, does that rule apply based on the actual dimensions of the image or the size of the image as embedded in a post?
Just as it's embedded. The actual image file can be any size — as long it's scaled down below the limit in the post itself, it's fine outside of a spoiler tag :)

Back
Top Bottom