• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legends Z-A Pokemon Legends Z-A General Speculation & Discussion

I'm still betting on it being like PLA. No evil team just an evil dude ala volo (No I do not count the miss fortune sisters as an evil team).
I agree about the miss fortune sisters not being evil. I'd say they were not really evil at all. They never really did anything that would be considered evil. All they really did was steal a piece of wall, try to steal the Origin Ore, and abduct a Growlithe. I don't count that as evil. At least compared to opening a rift in space-time that threatens to destroy the world.

I meant it more in the "The antagonist of the story" way. Once we go into arguments of the actual word Evil you run into the things like "Have we really had an EVIL team since gen 7?"

Game Freak seems to want to avoid truly evil characters for the most part. There's been a few here and there, but the majority of them are more well-intentioned extremists than legitimately malicious characters. I think this is intentional, they seem to want to make the game more utopian and lighthearted to make it more kid friendly and they really like to promote the idea of there being different people with different ideas to the point where that's usually the driving force of nearly every modern plot.

I'm well aware this will probably not be the case, but I think it would be hilarious (and dark) if the game takes place during Pokemon's equivalent of the French Revolution, and basically everyone is portrayed as morally gray.

I know it's a joke but ive actually seen that prediction before. The problem with it is that, you can't pull the twist twice, so he would sort of... need to be an out of nowhere last minute twist to work.

Game Freak seems to want to avoid truly evil characters for the most part. There's been a few here and there, but the majority of them are more well-intentioned extremists than legitimately malicious characters. I think this is intentional, they seem to want to make the game more utopian and lighthearted to make it more kid friendly and they really like to promote the idea of there being different people with different ideas to the point where that's usually the driving force of nearly every modern plot.
Giovanni is right there in gen 1

I meant it more in the "The antagonist of the story" way. Once we go into arguments of the actual word Evil you run into the things like "Have we really had an EVIL team since gen 7?"
I think Team Flare was the last new one that was a traditional evil team.

Gen 7 and Gen 8 had villain team that was more an inconvenience then later in the story having a big organisation be the true antagonist.

I know it's a joke but ive actually seen that prediction before. The problem with it is that, you can't pull the twist twice, so he would sort of... need to be an out of nowhere last minute twist to work.
Well there's the kicker. The twist is that Volo is there in the first place!

Giovanni is right there in gen 1
We never see him do anything in game that would be considered evil. Yeah, he killed a Marowak, but we don't know WHEN that happened. All he really does aside from that is take over Saffron City and Silph Co and threaten the employees of the company.

We never see him do anything in game that would be considered evil. Yeah, he killed a Marowak, but we don't know WHEN that happened. All he really does aside from that is take over Saffron City and Silph Co and threaten the employees of the company.
he also sends his goons to steal the fossils from Mt. Moon, and he outright tells you that he and his team steal people's pokemon. He is also said to be very cruel to both people and pokemon. He may not be a world-ending threat like Lusamine, but he is unambiguously evil. And of course, all of that is ignoring what he did in USUM.

The villain of PLZA is just Volo again somehow :wynaut:
I legitimately believe this will be the case. Given his final line in PLA, he seems like the type of villain who will just keep coming back again and again. And I'm perfectly fine with that, TBH. He can be Pokemon's Ganondorf.

I'm not so sure Volo being reused would work too well; he's sufficiently tied to Cynthia in particular it would be odd to reuse him for other regions and PLA put some effort into making him a twist villain who comes across as helpful for most of the game, which a character can only really effectively do once unless he's constantly in disguise and we get Scooby-doo memes instead.

There's no reason he would have to be a twist villain again. And, the twist simply could be that he's actually present in the story.

Wouldn't it make sense for Volo to hear rumors of Kalos' Ultimate Weapon, and decide to use it take revenge on Arceus? And possiby to give himself immortality, so he can pursue this mission until it is complete? He implies his wish to do both of these things in PLA. This also would even open up the opportunity for him to appear in Pokemon games set in modern times.

I think Team Flare was the last new one that was a traditional evil team.

Gen 7 and Gen 8 had villain team that was more an inconvenience then later in the story having a big organisation be the true antagonist.
And even then its... eh if you can call the true antagonists evil.
Lusamine was very selfish and obsessed sure, a bad mother absolutely. Evil? Ehhh if we didnt come along she would just be hanging out in ultra space.
And then Rose is well intentioned just goes about it in a very dumb way.

In other convos, Volo just appearing in the last 5 minutes to be evil again would be boring.

Back
Top Bottom