• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Scrapped a prototype idea in exchange for reviving a previous idea, especially since I still had some of the documents from it stashed away on my computer. As a result, I revived my "Battle From the Heart" Pokemon journey fic idea. I've spent a ton of time writing up character teams (or at least modifying them to fit more recent movepool changes). I've made 3 teams for Geo the MC (Sinnoh, Hoenn, Unova), 2 teams for Courtney (Hoenn, Unova), 3 teams for Vivi/Victor/Weavile of Team Galactic (Sinnoh, Hoenn, Unova), 1 team for Danny (Sinnoh), and 1 team for Jodi (Sinnoh), with more to follow. A lot of interesting Mons as part of the teams, complete with moves, Abilities, Natures, and anything else important. Also, any movepools and whatnot are based off of the most recent version of that Mon so that way I'm not limited to a certain generation for said Mon (ie: Danny's Bibarel's moveset is based off of its Gen 8 version while his Haunter's is based off of its Gen 9 version).

969 words today, and I'm officially well into the fight of Additional Scene 2. In an interesting twist, this one might actually wind up longer than the climactic fight of the entire fic, given the specific things I wanted to do with this one just taking up more words. Might break over the count, might not, all depends on how exactly I got about ending it, haven't really plotted the fight past the point I've written yet.

Also I broke 10K words on the document this session, which is... Kinda terrifyingly big for something I started jotting down in the heat of the moment when the info I based this on first dropped a couple weeks ago.

Wrote a few more Pokemon teams for Battle From the Heart. In this case, I wrote 1 team for Danny (Hoenn), 1 team for May (Hoenn), and 1 team for Hilda (Unova). Again, the teams use the most recent version of whatever Mon is on them, be it moves, abilities, whatever, to prevent the series from being limited to a certain generation. Also cleaned up Vivi's, Victor's, and Weavile's motto to match my current writing formats along with fixing any errors.

Wrote some more Pokemon teams for Battle From the Heart. I wrote 2 teams for Geo (Kalos, Alola), 2 teams for Courtney (Kalos, Alola), and 2 teams for Vivi/Victor/Weavile (Kalos, Alola). Also tweaked a few entries in other teams to make them more interesting, better, and/or more relevant. Still have Galar, and in Geo's case Hisui, to do, along with any other main characters for the region in question. Afterward I think I'll do a section for rivals, but I'm going to stop there for now as I'm still somewhat stiff/sore from the "episode" I had with Zephyr yesterday morning, and sitting in an office chair for so long is only making it worse.

I was pretty busy these past few days soI didn't have any time to write. Finally managed to find some time today though. I felt like revisiting the novel I wrote last year so I went back to that AU I started in an attempt to write more for it, but I only ended up getting a few paragraphs in because I kept nodding off during it.

Wrote a few more Pokemon teams for Battle From the Heart. Wrote 1 for Geo (Galar), 1 for Courtney (Galar), and 1 for Vivi/Victor/Weavile (Galar). Also cleaned up a few entries in other Pokemon teams. I still need to do a Hisui team for Geo and any other regional main characters that I decide to think of. Then I'll do important rivals. But I'm nearing the end of the mainstay cast members' teams.

Forgive the double post but I got a few more Pokemon teams done for Battle From the Heart. I made 1 for Geo (Hisui), which is his largest team to date. I also started a section for Rival Teams. In this case I did 1 for Barry (Sinnoh), which is basically a carbon copy of his in-game team, albeit with some anime flare and more of a high-risk/high-reward battling style, and 1 for Calem (Kalos), which takes elements from the XY rival's team along with some additional elements (like one of the fossils that the rival gets but never uses for some reason). I still need a "main" rival for Geo in Sinnoh (one that's like Paul), and I need to do teams for Cheren and Bianca for Unova but I need to take a break.

Forgive the now triple post but I managed to get some more Pokemon teams for the rivals in Battle From the Heart. I did Cheren and Bianca, both from Unova, with their teams being carbon copies of their post-game rematch teams in BW but with better moves and, in some cases, better abilities (ie: Bianca's Mienshao has Regenerator instead of Inner Focus to use alongside U-turn). I also did a team for Gladion (Alola), and this one is an interesting beast, as it's a mix of both his anime and USUM team, consisting of 3 Mons from his game team (Crobat, Lucario, and Silvally, obviously), 2 from his anime team (Umbreon and Lycanroc Midnight), and 1 totally original team member (Turtonator). I felt it might be fun to mix and match his team to add some spice to battles with him (plus with 4 morality pets it'll show he's a good guy underneath that edgelord... I mean rough exterior). I'm still working on a "main" rival for Geo in Sinnoh but since he'll be an OC it's a bit harder to think of a good Paul expy.

My cat woke me up this morning so while I was trying to go back to sleep I was thinking about that AU idea when suddenly I had another idea for an AU of a different fic, one that I started writing a couple of years ago and never finished. The more I thought about it, the more I liked it so I pulled out a notepad to write it down. I decided to write an AU one-shot from this for this fic- and started writing it this evening. Got about a page and a half done so far.

Thanks to some suggestions from @Steel_Justice I was able to come up with a main (Sinnoh) rival and his team for Geo in Battle From the Heart. To contrast with Geo's name meaning "Earth" I gave his rival the name Orion, and he's got one hell of a team, and is the largest team a rival character has to date (as all of the others are only 6 members). Though this is because he's traveled to other regions before so his arsenal is much larger than Geo's at the start, and like Geo he uses a rotation strategy depending on what he needs at the time. But I think it's a pretty solid team for a very Paul-like character, with numerous Mons that act as either homages to Paul's team or act as counterparts to Geo's (ie: he has a Rhyperior to act as a homage to Paul's Aggron and a Tyranitar to act as a counterpart to Geo's Garchomp).

Forgive the double post but I managed to do another Pokemon team for Battle From the Heart. This time Hau in Alola, and like Gladion his is rather interesting. Half of his team is from his in-game team in USUM if the PC chooses Litten (Decidueye, Crabominable, and A-Raichu) while the other half is completely new Mons (Jellicent, Talonflame, and Drampa). I felt they'd be more interesting than Tauros, Noivern, and Vaporeon, and give him a bit more variety. Plus there is a Water, Dragon, Flying, and Normal type on this team so that covers those bases as well. I also tweaked a few other entries with updates and/or ideas I had/forgot to add previously, along with cleaning up any errors.

Considering it's past 1:30pm as I type this, nothing yet, but I'm free all day today so we'll see if I can write anything I'm even slightly pleased with. I'm really hoping to nail down a solid plot for the Flowering Love event one-shot; I've got a couple ships in mind but that's all I've got.

Back
Top Bottom