• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music Background music of the show

If it will lessen the time just do season one's :D

I remember you said you were going to do a list and give your thoughts.

Why Didn't "Revelation Lugia" and "Lord of the Unown Tower" Release More BGM?

This is a question that's been burning on my mind for quite some time now. Basically, every Pocket Monsters movie has about two dozen unique and newly composed instrumental tracks that later get inserted into the regular series. In addition, a CD is generally released for each movie with almost all of the instrumental tracks from the associated movie featured.

However, for the 2nd movie, only six instrumental tracks were released, and only three instrumental tracks from the 3rd movie (I'm excluding the music from Pikachu and Pichu).

Anyone know why that is? Was the music from these movies just not as popular with Japanese audiences as the music from other movies, or something like that?

What's equally puzzling is how movie 2 is the only one with image songs for the movie-exclusive characters. Although I suspect Takeshi Kaga's involvement may have had something to do with that.

Come on. Tell me a Mewtwo image song wouldn't be badass. Tell me you don't want to hear Alberto have a song about how great he is.

Well I remember in the Giant Claydol episode there was a scene were wobbefett was playing lugia's song

Hi there

I wonder if some1 know the title of these music which played in the eng dub anime:

* [S05E56 - A Claim to Flame!] near the end of the ep, when ash was carrying the torch. Also it was played in [S08E19 - Eight Ain't Enough] when juan gave ash the rain badge at the end of the ep.

* [S05E57 - Love, Pokémon Style] when squirtle used hydropump against quilava and defeated macey. Also, it was played in [S05E60 - Can't Beat the Heat!] when charizard successfully used seismic toss against blastoise.

Last edited:
The music from "A Claim to Flame," like impactkhtennis_thewind said, is "Dragonite Takes Flight." It's from the English version of the first Pokemon movie and is on this CD. The song can also be purchased on iTunes.

The music from "Love, Pokemon Style" is a piece of Japanese music that hasn't been released on any CD yet. Therefore, we don't have a title for it. It's actually one of my favorite pieces of Jouto background music (it's the one that has the instrumental of "OK" in it at the end), so I hope with the GS remakes out now there will at least be some incentive to release the rest of the anime Jouto music on CD soon.

"OK" is the third Japanese intro song, used for the first half of the Johto arc.

The Back-ground music is almost impossibly to get legally.

Lots of great pieces of music.

These are my favorite.

Tears of Life - Pokemon: The First Movie
Lugia's Song - The Power of One
Tears, After the Cloudy Weather (anime)
To Be Continued (anime)
A Meeting and Parting (anime)

Also a great theme but I don't know the name. Not sure if it's Japanese or 4Kids made music.

An example of it playing is when Charizard performs Seismic Toss on Gary's Blastoise.

What's your favorite music from Pokemon?

Also a great theme but I don't know the name. Not sure if it's Japanese or 4Kids made music.

An example of it playing is when Charizard performs Seismic Toss on Gary's Blastoise.

What's your favorite music from Pokemon?
That piece is Japanese. It is an arrangement of the Japanese thrid opening OK!. My favorite pieces are:

-Kanto Champion Theme
-Pokemon, I Choose You
-Setting Off
-Pokemon League Special Cap
-Rocket-Dan Boss' Theme
-Rocket-Dan Motto (all versions)
-Kyouteki Ara Waru (the piece that plays when Ash goes into Vermillion Gym is what I'm talking about)
-Shuugeki (I think it played when Ash is running away from the Spearow before Misty fishes him out in the Japanese version, but replaced in the dub even though this piece does play alot in the dub)
-Pokemon Battle
-Burning Battle Field (especially the guitar version)
-Oden
-Tears, After The Cloudy Weather
-Deai To Wakareto
-Heroic theme based on the inside of the gym music from the games
-Mewtwo's Power (Movie 1)
-All movie title screen BGM
-Fly Kairyuu (Movie 1)
-Stormy Ocean (Movie 1)
-Mewtwo Appears (Movie 1)
-Fight! Real VS Copy Pokemon (Movie 1)
-Flying Monster Ball Chaos (Movie 1)
-Satoshi's Battle Decision (Movie 1)
-Real And Copy! Who Is Better (Movie 1)
-Toward Hopeful Skies (Movie 1)
-Jirarudan's Theme (Movie 2)
-Flura's Flute (Movie 2)
-Gold/Silver Title
-OK! (Instrumental)
-Johto Champion Theme
-Entei's Theme (Movie 3)
-Mii's Theme (Movie 3)
-Full Of Celebi (Movie 4)
-Search For The Girl (Movie 5)
-Hot On The Trail (Movie 5)
-Advance Adventure (Instrumental)
-Hoenn Wild Pokemon Battle Theme
-Hoenn Gym Leader Battle
-Butler's Theme (AG Movie 1)
-Last Battle (AG Movie 1)
-Chiisaki Mono (Instrumental) (AG Movie 1)
And Many More

Kanto Champion battle theme. I'm so sad it hasn't been released on CD... Same with the gym theme.

Japanese soundtracks for movie and 1 and 2 are great, as well as my fave movie 9.

You know, I cannot even answer this question. I love basically every piece of Japanese BGM from Pokemon in existence. They're all so lovely. <3

Dub wise, I really like the piece 4Kids did, the one that plays when Ash is riding away from the Spearow with Pikachu on Misty's bike, from the first episode.

My personal favourite is the anime's take on the Team Magma/Aqua battle theme. It's a fairly standard, somewhat forgettable piece in the video games imo, but the show really does a great job of making it sound exciting and fast paced. It's seldom used these days, which is a shame since it does an excellent job at accentuating the action.
Last I remember it being used (for more than a few seconds) was when Staravia went up against Turtwig in the second gym. Watch the AG Taillow and Pikachu fight though. The music makes an already cool battle even better.

Also real fond of the classic Wild Pokemon Battle theme, especially the longer version that uses the piano at certain points. Was recently used in the Ursula vs. Jessie match, but was used to great effect during the Kanto Grand Festival clash between May and Drew.

I don't know what it's called, but it's the piece that played when Charizard Seismic Tossed Articuno in that first Frontier Brain match - epic.

Last edited:
i like all the bgm japonese music :) is so awsome

especially the theme when ash monferno battles the paul electabuzz.

and when staravia evolves to staraptor against paul hounchkrow

i don't know what is the name of that song :(

Hmmmmmm, this is a tough one considering I love most of the Japanese music, I guess I narrow it down to these:

-Kanto Champion battle theme
-Rocket-Dan Boss' Theme
-Rocket-Dan Motto (all versions)
-To Be Continued
-Rocket-Dan Original Motto (Remix)
-Let's Run!

...And not sure what these two BGM's are called, but the one from DP156 where the Rocket-Dan battle Fukamaru, Satoshi, and Hikari.

And hmmmmm, the one that was last in DP065 when the Rocket-Dan are spying on the Twerps vs. Kabarudon....

:3

I like the every single gym battle song (I forgot the names) but
Tears of Life is my favorite of all time, its sad yet beautiful.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom