Silktree
Local time
7:26 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• We perceive what happens (ie., Unown's emissions), from Suicune's perspective, but I believe that the point of this is mostly to show that something is going on in the Ruins of Alph. Could the Unown be feeling that the GS Ball is close to opening? Even so, what do the Unown have to do with the Pokémon sealed in this Poké Ball? And why was Suicune alerted when it wasn't involved at all in the event on which Celebi appears in the Ilex Forest, presumably time-traveling with Ethan/Kris? Perhaps Suicune's (and the other Beasts'?) role was to find a Trainer worth entrusting the GS Ball with, and the opening scene possibly leads to the Beasts' gathering in the Brass Tower?

Still, although this is not very far fetched, it's kind of regretful. I prefer to associate Celebi with Kris rather than Ethan, and by this theory, Ethan is supposed to obtain the GS Ball (if that indeed leads to the Beasts' gathering). An alternative theory would have the Unown foreshadowing Arceus's coming, although this is very retroactive, and still hard to believe, considering that Suicune doesn't have anything to do with Arceus, and that's not a reason for them to be restless either.

What I prefer to believe is related to what I said earlier. We have Suicune's perspective of the event, but this technique is used to bold the importance of what is happening, showing that even a Legendary Pokémon is alerted. The Unown being restless foreshadows something (plausibly, related to the opening of the GS Ball), but it simply warns Suicune, in contrast to directing it. This can be backed up by the fact that Suicune's (and the other Beasts') roles were not cut short in Crystal, and we actually learned a lot more about them, while also seeing Suicune's pursue in finding a worthy Trainer.
    I think that most likely, it refers to donations. Many studios donated funds of several of their games. If Game Freak's case is anything similar (instead of money regardless to any release), this could be effective with Turner's game. Anyway, I guess we'll see.
    Yes; and I'm not sure if he will be able either. In 140 characters, that should be hard... Maybe we can learn if the design was his, though.

Also, check here. Basically, from May up to the end of the year, one major Wii title published by Nintendo will be getting released every month. We know what will be released from next month up until August (or September, if that counts as "summer"), and Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games is released in November traditionally. So, Pokémon, Zelda and Kirby will probably occupy September (or August), October and December. Pokémon in September (need I explain?), Kirby in October (like Epic Yarn last year) and Zelda in December (as usual).
    Not many RPGs have done that, actually. The only case I can think is a cult classic for SNES, Live A Live, still not directly comparable. You basically had to pass through multiple subplots in alternative settings, which somehow connected at a point of the game. If Genius Sonority did this thing right, they would accomplish something very unique. Pokémon has some of the most deep mechanics, making this especially hard, but I think the studio has what it takes.

This is also one thing that fits the console games better, as the main series by Game Freak would have hard time preserving the neutrality of the main character and their assotiation to the player, while still maintaining more than one playable characters. Maybe it's possible, but surely much harder to fit.

As for the underachievements of Genius Sonority... It's true that the fandom thinks little of them, but that's hardly so. The studio opened in 2002, and in a little more than a year, they made the first 3D Pokémon RPG without messing it up. It wasn't perfect, no, but it definitely showed that the studio has devoted developers, who in the future might be able to produce a game even better than Colosseum and XD. 9 years have passed, the studio has grown bigger, the budget is undeniably more remarkable.

I know that the game will probably be very different from what we expect, but I believe in that they will make something very playable and fresh. I hope that you're open to whatever good they have to bring as well. Our ideas are interesting, but strictness never benefits creation.

Anyways, look here. As much as I want a worthwhile Pokémon Wii RPG, this set of rumors is so good... They are also too good to believe, but yeah... :p
    There are many ways in which old characters could reappear -- Eldes as a freelancer that would assist the player through his journey, Mirror B. still on the groove, and even other old members of Cipher, like Lovrina. I could even see a way for Wes, Rui, Michael and Jovi to appear; in fact, them assisting the player defeat the villain (whoever he is) sounds plausible. I just am not sure if Genius Sonority will come up with something that satisfying. In any case, if Genius Sonority wants to tribute their previous works, they will give its previous protagonists a good spot on the game AND make it make sense; sorry if I seemed to deny that. What I'm not sure about is whether they will bother or not; if I had to choose, I would find a role for them.

Also, I read your post, and your ideas are incredibly interesting! I particularly liked being able to play with more than one characters -- I hope to see this on the Wii RPG, whatever it is. Things with Regigigas also don't change much, even now (when, from what I can understand, you now consider Orre closer to Unova), and that description makes the Pokémon have a much more interesting role than before. I wonder if Genius Sonority will use Regigigas' background in order to take something out of it, if they decide to use it and the Regis.

If the incoming entry (or a future one, nonetheless) has anything to do with Orre, I hope it will be something like this. The only thing I didn't like was the role given to Wes and Rui. I'd prefer it if the two of them assisted Michael and Jovi more as mentors than just victims of the Shadow outbreak. In fact, if Michael and Jovi could both be playable, so could Wes and Rui. :p
    It's a matter of opinion, but I think you're a bit too harsh on at least the first Ranger. Undeniably, problems started appearing sequel by sequel, but the first entry alone was excellent, it had its good points. I don't know what makes you think Fiore doesn't feel like the rest of the Pokémon world... It didn't have as many crack-up Legendaries as Oblivia, and many of them could even be overlooked (like the Regis), as they merely existed to offer the player a chance to battle with them, in contrast to being related to the storyline or whatsoever -- Fiore was something that could exist with the main series, even if it did not indispensably did. I still hope there's an excuse for this series...

Indeed, Wes and Michael helping the protagonist defeat Ardos wouldn't feel forced, but that means that the game will be, obviously, too tied to the previous ones -- a direct sequel, basically. I can understand why you would like to see Cipher again and I also do -- but I personally don't want to see their plot return with this entry. I'd prefer it if the game was generally independant to any previous ones, with just enough information to establish a connection to Unova and Orre -- basically, as many references as related main series entries usually have among them.

Don't get me wrong; by independant, I just mean not as connected as Colosseum was to XD. Even something like GSC in relation to RGBY would be independant enough for me. If they, for example, decided to put Orre as a second region on the game, I would be so happy. Maybe you mean it this way as well, and I have misundestood you. Maybe there is a way even for Ardos and Cipher to return, if that means them having different "weapons" than the Shadow Pokémon. Cipher is just too connected to the Shadow incidents in my mind, that I feel that giving them a role that doesn't have to do with Shadow Pokémon wouldn't fit.
    Oh, I forgot to add, that I still have a desire for Touhoku to feature many old pokemon with new 'formes', etc....Last fall I thought this might be restricted to the Dream World, however, I think it's more likely the DW be restricted to Generation V, which means that DW abilities will need to be obtainable somewhere else.

*Also, the double negative in the message was no intentional, I didn't catch it before I hit send.
    ~~
    As far as our other ongoing discussions, I think I'd prefer to wait things out a little more, because at this point I don't have any new ideas to contribute, and I'd like to see where things are going to go, before I continue to take shots in the dark.

It's more than likely that we're safe on the Wii front, especially since it's successor has been confirmed, so that's one win.
    The 3DS game is certainly a spin-off, I'm going to guess it's a Mystery Dungeon game, or something related to "Hey You Pikachu!" (because of the 3DS software and the demo that was developed for the DS)
    Those pokemon are the best choices, though I'd prefer Volbeat and Illumise had separate evolutions, or, if it is to be a single pokemon, one creature with two (or more?) formes.

There are a few other Shinou and Isshu monsters whome I'd like to gain evolutionary family...however, I would consider them non essential.

To be frank, legendaries have little use and purpose.
    You can't use them in-game. You can't use them online or in tournaments. Sure, they can be great story additions, however, so far, not one
    So as far as I'm concerned Legendaries are basically worthless.
    One trio is solid, two is fair.
    Three trios is interesting (again because of the significance of 3), sadly the idea hasn't been used in an interesting manner.
    Aside from the obligatory 3-6; I'd prefer Shinou and Jouto (or any region if necessary) legends be reused.
    I haven't played Guardian Signs, and did not know that Mewtwo appeared... I completely disapprove. They probably just wanted to have the Pokémon appear in the game (similar to the availability issue we always have), but to say it was created by the regional villains and give it an important role?... That's underwhelming. I can impute that to the fact that HAL Laboratory is apparently not involved in the two sequels of Ranger.

Still, it's hard to ignore this mess of Legendary Pokémon overload; there are too many compromises to be made in order to accept this entry... This tendency wasn't always present; I found that the first Ranger did an exceptionally good job in most sectors, and the Manaphy event was one sign that there was at least a bit of cooperation with Game Freak. I just wish that there weren't so many Legendaries in Guardian Signs -- especially Mewtwo.

Also, I don't think that a revival of the Orre games would prevent new games from coming. Unlike things like RSEmakes, those would be enhanced ports correcting a few mistakes. As long as we're getting that Wii RPG, I'll welcome a value pack of the two Orre games; be it on Café or on 3DS.

As for the characters; it's not that I don't want to see them in the incoming game. Actually, I hope there will be Orre references. I just fear that characters like the main ones may end up forced if the game is too unconnected to the previous ones (as I'd prefer it to be). Now; if Genius Sonority goes as far as including Orre as a second region, that would be extremely overwhelming, and would make seeing Wes and Michael desirable!

Your idea with Jovi is interesting too. I'm not sure if they would have her be playable, but I can definitely see her in a main role, like Rui or the "rivals" in the main series. As an established character, she opens potential of things we wouldn't see with a new face, including definitely seeing Michael. I wouldn't mind her as a player character, but I'd prefer it if she was a main NPC.
    Ultimately, the unanswered questions about the Generation II legendaries in the context of Johto make it hard to pay much mind to the vagueness of their involvement in Orre. It's a missed opportunity that bothered me in 2005, but there are bigger things to worry about as far as those Pokémon are concerned. Kyurem, Keldeo and Meloetta are different because their stories are rather limited in Black and White; without a third version, they hinge on this game (a third version wouldn't help Keldeo or Meloetta, anyway).

I don't see the appeal of replaying Colosseum or XD from a different perspective; Nintendo can remake as many Zelda games for the DS as they wish, but I want brand new Pokémon games. That is not to say that Orre should be forgotten; even the Ranger series has kept tabs on its regions. In fact, I would be disappointed if Wes, Michael and Ardos didn't return, seeing as those characters' fates were left unresolved. It's not too much to ask for considering we have Caitlin, Looker, Cynthia and even the Rocket grunt in Black and White. Now, if these characters were to return, they could very well reference Ho-Oh and Lugia; I'd be especially interested in seeing Wes and Michael wish the birds well on their current endeavors in Johto.

Aren't you bothered by the Ranger series' tendency to completely disregard the main series? There is a Mewtwo in Guardian Signs which was created by one of the resident villains, and to me that's just absurd. Not to mention Arceus not having anything to do with creation, or the legendary beasts having existed since ancient times... All the other things may not exactly contradict the main series, but they don't expand it, either.
    I agree on the believability of the Orre games. The only imperfect thing was the lack of background behind the Beasts and the Winged Mirages; at least the former were caught gradually -- the birds felt completely secondary. This is a reason why a potential enhanced port of Colosseum and XD could fix these little flaws. Establish how Cipher caught so hard-to-even-meet Pokémon, and why. I hope that the way they caught them is silly and canny. I wouldn't like to see wicked teams like them be able to catch those Pokémon by normal means; this degrade their status as Legendary Pokémon.

Maybe those extra scenarios could provide evidence on these matters, as well as how a Pokémon becomes Shadow. Maybe the teams infected the Pokémon with whatever they use to create Shadow Pokémon and had trainers like Wes catch them (naturally easier than by normal means) -- that could also provide the reason why Wes turned against Snagem.

As for the rest of the spin-offs... Obviously, they aren't as important, but I give them the benefit of doubt if they are decent. Ranger, Snap, Link and others are not only good as games, but also showcase the Pokémon World in the way it's supposed to be. Maybe they overdo it sometimes (as in the case of a few events in the newest Ranger games), but they are generally within the spectrum of the traditional games. I think that the Ranger series is almost certainly in the continuity. I would place them one scale down from Colosseum and XD, but nonetheless, they are still notable.

And the Battle Mode will hopefully be done right this time. And I don't mean right compared to Colosseum and XD, which had other main features -- I mean right compared to Battle Revolution. It would be awesome if the Battle Mode was anything to put next to Stadium... That would certainly mean extra appearences of the Gym Leaders, Elite Four and many other characters, now with 3D models, and possibly even additional information.

Oh well, expecting too much! But I can dream!
    Yep, it's obviously a fake, but it's still one hell of a coincidence! :p
    The only thing that could possible make it believable is the resolution, if it was actually 16:9. But here, they just used this screenshot and cut the IGN/Gamespy part, lol.

Anyways, indeed, both Wes and Michael would be quite old. Actually, Wes would be interestingly older even if Colosseum and XD were during the ten years before BW. If the new game takes place concurrently or shortly before Black and White, he'd still be at least 6 or 7 years older than in Colosseum, which would have him be 22 - 25. Nevertheless, I don't think we'll see Wes, Rui or Michael in this game. But Genius Sonority should make a third game in Orre sometime.

And if Colosseum and XD were enhancly ported on 3DS or Café as part of a hypothetical "Orre Collection", there should be some extra scenarios: 1. Wes shortly before Colosseum, a member of Team Snagem; 2. Wes between the events of Colosseum and XD; 3. Michael before the events of XD; 4. Wes and/or Michael after the events of XD, meeting another person which would later be shown as the protagonist of the third Orre game. Those were the things that I was thinking. :p

Also, by "related to its forme", I meant that it would have something to do with it, not necessarily enable it. Your idea about the moves is interesting, indeed. I guess I'll watch the Genesect event on YouTube, but later. I'll leave it for when I won't have any major plot-related thing to do in Black and White anymore. :p
    We both know that we are expecting too much in the end, of course... Have you see Genius Sonority's latest game and how completely nonchalant to Black and White it is? You could argue that it is just an Educational Game, but it still sounds like Genius Sonority completely ignores the identity of several Pokémon that appear in that game, while still trying to have something that resembles a plot. It's a shame, because GS previously showed that they can make good things even unrelated to the main series -- like Pokémon Link, which has absolutely no problems in fitting the continuity.

A simple and unimportant game it may be, but it still is a break on Genius Sonority's streak of expanding the Pokémon Universe in only interesting ways. It sort of makes me wish the game was a... dream of some sort, or that the characters literally type the Pokémon names in a simulation machine, instead of actually catching them. Maybe they are? :p

Hopefully the Wii Game will have a much more serious tone, and not just great numbers of Legendary Pokémon for the exclusive reason of satisfying young fellas... :p
    I usually don't take much thought on the appearance of Legendary Pokémon in regions other than the ones from which they originate; as far as I'm concerned, several aspects aren't required to be explained, and many times the very reason of some monsters' appearence is to ensure availability. With most Legendary Pokémon, new stories are welcome, even if not all of them can completely be explained (as in the case of most Legendaries in the Ranger series -- maybe except for the Weather Trio). This is why I could care less if they will explain Regigigas and the Regis appearing in the game -- just as long as they don't go as far as having some really pop-cases. For example, could you ignore Reshiram and/or Zekrom appearing in a game taking place before Black and White?

Anyway, I actually like your idea about the time placement. I hope that Genius Sonority also work their ways to explain the game's time relationship to Colosseum and XD, so that we can know their placement in the timeline for good, hopefully either before RGBY/FRLG or after GSC/HGSS. The event with N's dragon is brilliant! It could be shown as something related to Kyurem's hypothetical new Forme. Still, I would also like an extra Genesect event; but its background could even be shown in a flash back, couldn't it?
    The only reason I brought the Kami trio is the fact that their hidden abilities can't be unlocked via the Dream World. I also assume that the game will make all of the version-exclusive Pokémon accessible to players who don't have both versions (as XD did with the Pokémon missing from Emerald), with the exception of Reshiram and Zekrom (due to the movie promotion).

I'd like it if Regigigas and the Regis were said to have arrived to Unova's continent by moving a piece of land across the ocean. In fact, this could also be used to explain the appearance of the other old species (perhaps even in Unova itself if Genius Sonority put enough thought into it). Of course, the origins of the Pokémon in Orre were never explored, so I'm probably expecting too much.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom