Silktree
Local time
1:46 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Needless to say how correct you were about Reshiram and Zekrom! It's interesting that it's even made so that each version even gets N's corresponding Dragon. It makes me think that these Pokémon may be likely to unlock an event on the incoming game.

I believe CoroCoro and Dengeki DS will reveal the same, but Dengeki may not do a big reveal coverage, which will be left for Coro². Nevertheless, the wait is just getting harder... :p Why can't they reveal it anyway?!
    I'm really sorry... My wholehearted condolences. What matters most of all is that she had a happy life, she's in a better place now. RIP Sonia.
    I don't see anything wrong, I wonder why it doesn't appear. Anyway, I retweeted it, and it now appears in the search. Hopefully, he will see it!
    Fingers crossed that she will respond to the treatment, then!
    I'm not sure why your @Mentions don't appear in the search... I guess it may take a while for it to appear. If you did everything right, and typed @SUPER_32X correctly in your message, I can't think of any other possible reason.
    There is a chance she will get better. She's been very healthy in the 15 years I've known her, so the antibiotics may do the trick. However, right now she is at a very low point in an otherwise happy life.

I've just tweeted him again (in English), but I don't see it on his Mentions page. Why is that?
    Oh, I'm sorry about your dog... I also have lost pets of mine in the past, so, I know how you feel. I hope she does better if it's possible. And if not, I wish her well for whatever comes next.

As for Sugimori, I guess he replies when he feels like... He probably has quite a few @Mentions, so, perhaps you sent yours on the wrong time, and it wasn't on top when he checked... that, or he may prefer English messages, as many Japanese people do. They feel... international? I don't know. :p
    Right! In a sense, Suicune warned both Ethan and Kris for the troubles in Ruins of Alph, and each of them accomplished a different task; Kris took the GS Ball in a safe place and Ethan brought Arceus there, possibly to sort things out in an intellectual sense, assure that if there's anything to fear, he will act. I imagine that the restlessness of the Unown colonies came to an end after Arceus's appearance. I hope that Kris's case have also been sorted out (and hopefully we'll learn more about it at some point).

Oh well! CoroCoro is approaching now. I hope we won't be disappointed!...
    To be honest, the case I prefer is that Kris did not catch Ho-Oh or Lugia at all, and her simply being associated with Suicune and Celebi. I don't think that Ho-Oh appearing on the top of the Tower would degrade it either. If anything, nothing says that she had to catch it. It just appear before her, somehow revealing the last puzzle in the Ruins of Alph -- and showing that it's returned to Ecruteak (if anything, I find this very fitting!). Lugia's event is indeed of less glow, but I think that this is how it's supposed to be nevertheless. Also, note another scenario, where Silver catches Lugia, as appears in the ending of Pokémon Stadium 2 -- interestingly against Kris's Suicune. I like this possibility as well.
    But still, this is a detail. To say that the Wise Trio talked to Kris even without her catching Ho-Oh later on isn't out-of-possibilities either, is it? This event makes sense even if it stays so (it's not as if there haven't been Legendary Pokémon that appeared in more than one games to more than one character, and Kris' adventure begins at least a few months after Ethan's), in contrast to several others all of which are in the same game... :p Platinum Regigigas for example. Or even more similarly, the Winged Mirages in both Platinum and HeartGold and SoulSilver.

So, whatever the case -- and many of the cases are plausible --, it's not as if there's any notable inconsistency. Maybe besides how Kris found the Clear Bell...
    I guess I can understand why you want a concrete version of the story. While I don't think that the games are made so that one version is more current that the other, you could say that more or less, one can make out the most important events and conclude in a flow of the events which could be called "canon". However; while what you suggest about the compatibility of SoulSilver and Crystal is indeed so, I think that this is most likely a coincidence. To me, Ethan is a more temporal character than Kris, and I've associated him with Ho-Oh for just too much of time to accept that him catching Lugia instead of Ho-Oh is more absolute. Like I said, I do prefer to treat each version equally -and bare in mind that I am a player of Silver and SoulSilver instead of Gold and HeartGold-, but if I had to choose one version of the story to be, say, animated, that would involve Ethan catching Ho-Oh.

Is both of them catching Ho-Oh impossible? Bare in mind that in Crystal, Ho-Oh is a Pokémon most likely caught after the League. Given that Ethan confronts Ho-Oh much before he finally battles Suicune at the Cerulean Cape (which means that even then, Kris hasn't reached the point when she summons Suicune with the Clear Bell), it is fair to assume that the bond between them is strong by that time. Ho-Oh doesn't have much use when staying a Poké Ball for too big amounts of time, especially when there's no immediate crisis to be resolved, or anything; so, is it impossible that Ethan let Ho-Oh fly freely at some point of his adventure in Kanto, which is how Kris gets to meet it later on? I find this much more plausible, anyway.
    And yeah, there are not quite a few things that could be said about Kris. I don't think that there is an absolutely "canon" story -- both (and many, many more) exist in slightly different Universes; the Multiverse was sort of established in Black and White! But let's consider one version of the story, and others can easily be paralleled.

Whether Ethan did catch Suicune or not is up to the player's interpretation. But in both cases, there is a way to incorporate Suicune into the story once again! Respectively if Ethan let it escape/fails to catch it or releases it afterwards, it either appears in the Burned Tower or the Bell Tower, which is where it meets Kris. Now, does Kris catch the other beasts as well? It's very possible, but we don't know what the Eusine and the Wise Trio tell her in the case of HeartGold. I guess it's not impossible that they tell her about Lugia, is it? They are presumably associated to the Brass Tower as much they are to the Tin Tower.

As for Maxim, truth is he's a bit eccentric... :p
    I'd say that he's negatively biased when it comes to future games. He was bitching about Black and White coming out (not that I wasn't, at first, but for different reasons) because HeartGold and SoulSilver didn't get enough coverage -- but ended up liking them when he got to play them. As for the Pokémon themselves, I'm yet to realize what he expects. I think he just likes the old ones, for some reason, although Generation V did push up the quality of the designs. And yes, he indeed wants to revisit Hoenn, although I think that he'd prefer a sequel instead of a remake. :p
    Okay, I guess it sounds a bit likely that there were other casualties, especially since we don't exactly know if people actually lived in the towers, and that is possible. But I still don't like the idea of the massacre, nor do I find a reason for which it could have happened. I don't think the Wise Trio has limited knowledge on the past of the Ruins of Alph. But entrusting everything to Kris would sort of efface the point of her finding out things on her own way. After all, I'm sure Wise Trio would have said much more things (still not the complete story), had they appeared in the HGSS; Arceus wasn't (completely?) thought of back in Crystal.

I think that the reason people feared Ho-Oh and Lugia so much was because as far as they were concerned, the Brass Tower was burning for three days, possibly bringing tragic casualties to the city of Ecruteak, and they most certainly witnessed a number of Pokémon fighting in the sky. It would take a while for them to realize what Lugia and Ho-Oh were fighting for -- and indeed, they went back to their right mind, albeit a little later.
    I've got a feeling that we may get to know something this weekend! Whenever Maxim is away from his town, there's always something that happens. :p

As for the massacre, well... To be honest, I don't think that this is the case. I believe that if the burning of the Tower was intentional, it was done for the single reason of drawing Lugia away. I don't see why they would have reason to hide that fact, or kill whoever knew about it. If anything, they possibly were afraid of what happened; and when a lot time passed (as in; in the recent history), the people's relationship to Ho-Oh was stained. In fact, I don't think anyone in Ecruteak disrespects Ho-Oh, but it wasn't until Ethan proved himself that the bird came back to its home.

As for Lugia, obviously, people were even more afraid of it, which is why they didn't even consider rebuilding its tower, until Ho-Oh made itself to the city. As far as I'm concerned, they probably did not know what happened that night. They just saw a lightning strike the Brass Tower, possibly two powerful Pokémon fighting (Lugia and the ??? creature), Ho-Oh resurrecting three Pokémon that died in the fire in the face of the Legendary Beasts, and the two birds leaving the city. Afraid, they kept distance for sometime, which leads to were we stand before GSCHGSS.
    Yeah, it's been quite a while since people have been using Bulbapedia as an absolute source... :p
    Don't get me wrong; Bulbapedia is quite possibly the most important project in the Pokémon fandom. But there's no denying that it's not perfect and, unfortunately, there are a few things that prevent it on bettering itself on some sectors. But I guess that's a different discussion. I won't give up. :p
    We cannot know, but there certainly are many more things in this myth. Note that the creation of Arceus's egg can definitely indicate the involvement of the Unown. However life comes into existence from nothingness, the Unown certainly have to do with it, as evident from what happened in the Mystri Stage.

As a side note, I especially liked your talk about the types. One question: "I think that there was only one giant that possessed all 16 types, and that in defeating that creature, Arceus drew all the types and broke their unison, thus creating the plates.". Did you intentionally number 16 types instead of 17? Do you consider Normal-type as a "lack-of-type"? I mean, isn't this what the ???-type is supposed to be? I know, there isn't a plate for it, but I personally still consider it a type as normal as the other. Anyway, It would be truly fitting it for ???-type to be attributed to Unown. I hope that at some point, ??? will return in the coding.

"The power of defeated giants infuses this Plate."
    I hadn't noticed this before. Great find! Sometimes I think that some theories are over-the-top, but dammit, with references such as this one, everything connects without many assumptions! I assume this was one of the things that led you to believe that there is a being (the one sealed in the GS Ball) that despises Arceus and the Unown. There were quite a few clues before, but with this one, I'm sure that Game Freak have something on their minds.
    Going back on-topic:

I don't think that Unown have an awareness of the future, as much as presentiment of events, a high perception of reality. I don't think that they (or anything else) have predetermined the flow of the world either. Unown are mysterious creatures related to the creation and many more things. Their existence can be associated with many things, but as I see it, there is no way to absolutely define them.

What I believe, however, is that the Unown and Arceus are not really independent. In a sense, I don't think they are equal either. Unowns could be said to be the eyes of Arceus, and possibly its messenger -- and still much more than that. After I got my attention in the Mystri Stage, I instantly thought that the Unown must be what Arceus uses to balance the universe. This is indicated by many things, from their powers, to their existence through the world, to even their design. There is also absolutely no way that Arceus can be associated with having a war with another entity by its will. A vendetta is more like Groudon and Kyogre, not the Alpha Pokémon. Now, I don't discard the possibility of another Pokémon disputing Arceus's power, for whatever reason (even maybe a similar to one you describe), but confronting it would seem more like something Arceus would want to avoid. I don't think that Arceus is naϊve.

Now, whether Arceus, created them is a different question. According to the Legend, the obvious answer would be yes. In a literal, scientific way of thinking, I think not. When balancing between the two, there's no way to answer the question. However, I think that there is context, even in the Legend as we know it, that would indicate that someone or something might have created Arceus. Could that be a previous Arceus, in a loop of Universe Creation and Destruction (as is the "Big Crunch" versus the Big Bang)? Could it be a godly figure? Could it be something else altogether?
    You're making some very good points, but there is one basic thing I feel like clearing up.

From my point of view the creation of the Pokémon World, just like the creation of our World, is not an absolute thing; it's based on each person's perception. Just as people can accept a scientific interpretation of the creation of the Universe (the Big Bang theory, for example) but also believe in the presence of a godly existence, I think that there is no way to absolutely tell how the Pokémon Universe was created (and to be honest, it would be both foolish and non-romantic if Game Freak thought they could explain their Universe's creation in an absolute way). Legends of Arceus can likewise be seen symbolically; from "less literal" to "completely false", based on each person's view of them.

The legends of Arceus creating the Universe which we have seen in the context of the games could be seen as a not-exact parallel to religious traditions about the creation of the World. The Pokémon World is a magical one, but the physics of "regular" Pokémon have a logic themselves, in a sense that you could say that they build a regularity on their own. Some could say that Arceus (and possibly the Unown, and maybe others) are a break to this regularity -- maybe others don't support this, and just consider them as having powers which that World's logic can explain. This, after all, is what a "Legend" is.

Long story short, I think we will not learn the "real" story of creation, for there doesn't exist one. More or less, Game Freak has showcased contradicting legends throughout their course in expanding the Pokémon Universe. I find that this is one of the wonders of the Pokémon series; how there are so many perspectives on the same matter. The truth is never absolute, but when you blend everything, you can find out about so much.

Anyway, what you probably meant is that you want to hear more of the legend of Arceus, but I felt that I had to clarify my opinion about this whole matter. :p
    As a side note, isn't it interesting how there are Unown Ruins in a lot of places? Unown are certainly a way of communication for more than one reasons. Be it their letter-based shape, be it their ability to emit radio signals, be it their distribution throughout the Pokémon World... There certainly is more than meets the eye.

Also, this just occurred me! Is it random that the signals Unown emit resemble the melody of the Azure Flute?! Could this indeed be what they "heard" from the PCC? Arceus being summoned in the Hall of Origin, Unown in the Solaceon Ruins are alerted about it, emitting radio waves (resembling the melody that awakens Arceus) which somehow reaches -- through the Global Terminal -- the Unown in the Ruins of Alph, which obviously continue to re-emit the signal. Need I even explain why they would do that? The return of Arceus must mean that something serious is going on -- the GS Ball is close to opening.
    Wow. That actually makes a lot of sense. It makes me hopeful that when we finally have a game taking place in Tohoku, we'll be able to tell even more things about the GS Ball. If it was originally there, we might get to know why it was transferred in the PCC (or the Global Terminal, thankfully it fits), and even more importantly; by whom (directly or indirectly). Also, the source of the emissions that the Unown were receiving (and re-emitting), if this theory proves true. Could the return of Arceus (in the Hall of Origin) be related to this? Is it possible that Arceus (a Pokémon in very good terms with the Unown) be an enemy -- THE enemy -- of the Pokémon in the GS Ball? Did Arceus awaken because of the GS Ball being close to opening? Or, did the GS Ball start reacting upon the feeling of Arceus's return?

And now that you mention the Ho-Oh returning only upon the capture of the three Legendary Beasts, you remind me how even more important the Beasts are in the story. I assume the GS Ball arrives in the PCC via the Transferring System. The only question is whether Ho-Oh and Suicune had to do with Ethan/Kris being given the GS Ball.

Did the Unown warn Suicune to find a strong and worthy Trainer in case the Poké Ball was unsealed at some point? Or would that person be the one to receive the GS Ball, and by every mean possible stop it from opening? The second scenario is the obvious choice; but I'd like to believe the first one, one reason being that Kris must have a major role in the story -- but not just that. After all, Ethan and Lyra already do their part in the Ilex Forest, and it isn't anything related to the GS Ball, nor does it imply that Ethan has done something even more major there, before (obviously, this happens after the GS Ball event, considering Celebi's appearance). Plus; especially after HGSS and the revelation of Arceus' connection to the Unown: Had Kris not fit the GS Ball in the Shrine, would Arceus have to battle the said Pokémon?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom