• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
El_
Local time
6:37 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• It looked like N was standing at the top of Dragonspiral Tower at the beginning of the trailer.

I'm dying to see Hilbert and Hilda's new designs. I also think their role is important enough that they don't want to spoil it yet.
    The Kami trio formes...yuck. What were they thinking?

I don't really care about the world tournament thing. I hope that isn't the only thing Coro Coro is covering this month. Apparently Hilbert and Hilda are in there, too, so I'm hoping they at least have updated looks that are to my liking. More importantly, I'm also hoping that Hilbert/Hilda is the new champion of Unova, and that their role in B2/W2 amounts to more than a Red-type cameo. I'm not holding my breath, though.
    Lol yeah I'm bad at rubix cubes. I think N should be the one to solve his Puzzle Cube. As for hints, I mentioned in my blog that part of the Abyssal Ruins prophecy could be a hint on how N can solve his Puzzle Cube.

I liked that the badge quest/Elite 4 was sort of a stepping stone for the plot in B/W. I had hoped that they'd step further away from the badge quest in the sequels, but I guess it was too much to hope for.
    Ooo good find! I forgot Drayden said that.

The notes do not contain any information about what sort of Pokemon is being broadcasted. I agree that it would be a waste to not include the Puzzle Cube in B2/W2's plot. But it should only be relevant to the Original Dragon portion of the plot, which would obviously be towards the end. And I also hope that they don't rush through the plot just to get to the Elite 4.
    Well, it wouldn't be the first time N broke the fourth wall. Being a motor-mouth, he can override whatever text-speed you choose. :p

I'm not so sure about Kyurem representing Dreams. The only theme B2/W2 seems to have so far is strength/latent potential (of Pokemon, at least). We'll have to wait for more information to decide what Kyurem represents and how it ties in with Reshiram and Zekrom. And I'm not sure on how to interpret the dreams portion of N's dialogue in Chargestone Cave. I do think it's significant, since he mentions it in his final dialogue. If anything, it could just be N trying to relate to the player character by discussing their hopes and dreams for the future.

I think N's Puzzle Cube should be the primary key item for summoning the Original Dragon. Like I've said in my blog, I don't think the split of the Original Dragon is reversible, so at very least, the Puzzle Cube could be used to summon a projection of the Original Dragon. Of course there's no guarantee that Gamefreak will actually implement the Puzzle Cube into the plot.
    ----------
    Many different values mix together, and the world becomes gray... That is unforgivable! I will separate Pokémon and people, and black and white will be clearly distinct!
    ----------
    I'm surprised no one else caught this bit of dialogue before. Perhaps this is how Gamefreak felt about doing yet another third version, since the sequels are called Black 2 and White 2.

As far as colors go, I'm not sure what color the Original Dragon could be associated with. Black is considered to be the absence of color (due to the absence of light), while white is considered to be all seven colors of the spectrum unified. So Gray is simply a lighter value of Black. Maybe an alternate interpretation could be that Kyurem could be associated with Black, while the Original Dragon could be associated with White.

I think the God Stone is simply a beta item that won't ever be used. I honestly can't think of how it could be a plot item in the sequels, or why they even programmed it into B/W's coding.

(Wow I do not like the character limits for VMs. u_u)
    Now that I think about it, N's dialogue at Chargestone Cave is a little difficult to decipher. I'm probably reading into it too much, but something about it doesn't make sense.

----------
    I told Ghetsis about you and your friends. After I did, he apparently used the Shadow Triad to find out about you. Cheren is pursuing the ideal of strength. Poor Bianca has faced the sad truth that not everyone can become stronger. And you are not swayed either way--more of a neutral presence. Which is apparently a good thing.
    ----------
    I think what's throwing me off is that he keeps saying "apparently," as if he isn't sure about the player character. The passive tone could also hint at who's really in control of the situation. N eventually insisted that the player character needed to be able to summon Reshiram/Zekrom, but what about Ghetsis? What did he think? I know he said he wasn't expecting the player character to be able to summon Reshiram/Zekrom. But honestly, I take whatever he says with a grain of salt. Was the player character just another pawn in his grand scheme, or was he merely setting the stage for the sequels (having both legendary dragons active in order to have Kyurem absorb their energy)? Of course, that's assuming Ghetsis is one working behind the scenes in the sequels.

What you said about the player character being like Kyurem before absorbing Reshiram/Zekrom's energy makes sense. But I think his dialogue here is too ambiguous to draw any conclusions from it. Based on this dialogue alone, the player character could either represent Kyurem (Wuji/neutral) or the Original Dragon (Taiji/a balance of Yin and Yang). However, neither of them were present in B/W's plot, and the plot was more about contrasting themes than one unified theme. So this dialogue seems a little out of place in B/W. Maybe this dialogue really was only meant to be N's observation of the dynamics between the player character, Cheren, and Bianca.
    Perhaps, as the player character, the "choice" we make is actually which version to play; if we choose to play Black, then we choose to pursue truth, and if we choose to play White, then we choose to pursue ideals. But after making that decision, we're essentially locked in to that choice once we start playing the version we chose.
    N's dialogue at Chargestone Cave certainly seemed to be foreshadowing something. Had there been a third version involving Kyurem, it would've been made sense, even if it was the most predictable solution. But I'm not sure why N associated the player character with neutrality, or why he even referenced Cheren and Bianca when they didn't have major roles in the plot. The player character was meant to choose between truth or ideals, depending on the version, and there was no way the player character could take a neutral stance. Although the player character can be considered a blank slate, someone with infinite potential. Now I'm really puzzled by what N meant by "a neutral presence."

I'm starting to wonder if, in the earlier stages of development, the sequels didn't have new player characters at all, and that it was something that they just recently decided on. Hence the late reveal.
    You're welcome! So, it was smalllady who did it, huh? She did an excellent job on it!
    The movie doesn't seem to have much of a plot, so I wouldn't hope for that. I have doubts about Keldeo having a role in the main story, as that would be unfair to quite a few people.

I assume you mean that the Puzzle Cube will be a plot point, but it won't actually unlock the original dragon via normal gameplay. That seems a bit hard to pull off; my own assumption is that only toward the end of the story will Kyurem accept that it can't become the original dragon by normal means, and so it will join N and eventually the player after they at least find a way to let Kyurem retain the energy of N's dragon. The Puzzle Cube should hopefully be referenced, but N may need time to figure it out, hence the hidden event.
    So then how would you explain the absence of Hilda/Hilbert in B2/W2? Did they depart for the faraway region to look for N first? Or did they know that they couldn't go alone, so they've been in Nuvema town, biding their time until someone like the new PC of B2/W2 came along?

I'm not sure what to think now. Of course you know that I previously thought that the plot didn't need any new characters in order to be continued. But maybe Gamefreak felt that they needed a new PC to be associated with Kyurem?
    That would be nice. But it sounds too good to be true. How would they let us switch from playing as the new PC to playing as Hilda/Hilbert? Could they implement a transfer save data option for this?

Regardless, I'm hoping that the faraway region isn't out of the question just yet.
    Takao Unno was HGSS' art director (Shigeki Morimoto was the general director), but yes, he probably designed both openings. I prefer Crystal and Black/White's more mysterious atmosphere, showcasing events as a sort of prologue.

I hope that the Musketeers aren't against humans anymore due to their encounter with Hilbert/Hilda; it is possible that said encounter isn't canon, though. But either way, they will probably help fight the new faction/team. The question is: Is Kyurem willingly helping the villains (led by Ghetsis or otherwise)? If so, why? My theory is that Kyurem represents the consciousness of the original dragon, which is deeply upset about having been split for misguided people. Technically, the twin heroes saw the error of their ways, but it was too late because the divide in Unova had already grown. For all we know, Kyurem was upset to see Reshiram and Zekrom fighting yet again, even though N and Hilbert/Hilda both meant well and managed to reach a consensus.

Kyurem may be using the villains to get what it wants: control over Reshiram and Zekrom. But something will prevent it from becoming the original dragon; it will only be able to absorb the powers of one dragon at a time. Perhaps N defeating Kyurem entails helping it understand that it is going about the unification of itself and Unova (the two universes) in the wrong way, and that both Reshiram and Zekrom must be allowed to live on.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom