• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
M
Local time
8:01 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• You can't be a rival until you get a gay sunset scene, I'm disappointed. He didn't even stay to do some bro-bonding in the sauna with him. CRIES HEAVILY.

IF YOU CAN'T BE A DECENT RIVAL AT LEAST BE DECENT SHIP FODDER ;___;
    I've never been on one before so I wouldn't knoooow but I think it's just like hanging out with friends but with more cuddling and I cuddle with my friends anyways so it's no different???????? I'd probably die from over-excitedness anyways or just stare at them creepily the entire time asking them about other love interests X'DDDDDDDDD

It's inevitable, they're both FRIENDS with their pokemon brethren. i will kill everything if this happens or if people start shipping n with iris
    Well what would you expect from a Best Wishes battle. This ain't DP. BW thrives on contrived, messed-up trainwrecks of battles that mostly follow the same formula, ESPECIALLY if it's an Ash or Iris battle.

But yeah, on the bright side Trip got swept aside like dust on the floor. :') And we don't even get a resolution for his stupid-ass xenophobia. It would be great if he actually went to Kanto next, only to get lynched the second he starts his "boonies" tangent to the natives. XD
    Ugh... I'm glad BW has jaded me enough to prevent me from actually believing in my dark horse pick, since the series usually treats Bianca like shit anyway. Otherwise I could be legitimately very angry about these new developments.

But what you're suggesting? If that happens, then I really WILL be quite angry with that. What the fuck, Iris, can you not stay in your seat and provide boring commentary like all the other members of Ash's posse? Bad enough her Axew is getting its own repetitive filler RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LEAGUE, which has to translate into screentime for her in some form... fuuuuuuuuuuUUUCK.

This series.... I... I hate it. I hate it so much. It makes me irritable and nasty... it's like Satan, if Satan were a children's shounen anime.
    Given that I've seen how utterly crazy certain people on the Serebii forums are, that really is saying something when level-headed people who defend BW and/or Iris are basically giving up on it. Then again, if I actually respected this show, I guess I too would be pretty horrified with the stunts Season 2 has pulled. If I respected this series at all I'd be appalled with how they're handling Trip in the League, but since I don't, I'm just in like the best mood I've ever been for this series. I'm sure the League is still going to be shit, but I LOVE this lack of respect they're giving Trip, after wasting the better part of our summer trying to convince us that he's someone we're supposed to take seriously or whatever. XD It's nice that more people are seeing the shit writing for what it truly is, if nothing else. Shit writing is still shit, but misery always loves company!
    I guess I can give BW that credit: it's a mess, but for the most part it is a consistent mess. :p Though on the off occasion that something awesome happens in BW, it usually just frustrates me because I know I'll just end up hating the series again by next week. I agree the filler saga is likely to be just as shitty as the rest of the series; the only thing we can realistically look forward to with the League ending is Trip being written off the show... which I guess is better than nothing, but meh. I'd be much happier if we just moved on to Gen VI completely. I'm almost afraid this filler saga's gonna deal with the Team Plasma/N stuff they've been putting off all this time, which they're certainly going to make unbearably godawful, and I really don't need more reasons to hate BW.

If Hellion's gone, I can't say I blame him. :p I've been posting a lot less lately myself (my mood has been drastically improving since I started rewatching DP on Boomerang, and I go right back to being pissed at the world when I read about BW here, so I don't think I was exaggerating when I said BW itself is making me a miserable person XD); if the Gen VI anime retains BW's crappiness, then I'm likely to do the same as you. My threshold for poorly-written, annoying, not-entertaining-at-all crap has been greatly weakened thanks to this series. And while I can accept people having different tastes, I don't think I can deal with another couple of years of people who love shit like this going out of their way trying to make my life a misery because I don't share their acquired taste.
    ugh, if only BW would ACTUALLY end with the Unova League. This entire series feels like it's being made up as it goes along opposed to any actual planning or build-up; the only real Point A to Point B element was the League, so what the fuck will Ash want to do with Unova afterwards.

Well, it's swell that they finally gave Iris a "reason" to be traveling with Ash and Cilan, but at the same time that just makes me scratch my head because Iris has treated them both like shit, and doesn't often act very friend-like to them unless the writers suddenly feel like making her something other than a Negative Nancy. I'm not clear on all the details of the episode yet, but depending on how Iris was depicted as a little kid, if she didn't have any friends at school, I really wouldn't be feeling sorry for her if she acted the same then as she does now. I would find it entirely justified for people to be shunning her. :p Even if she wasn't like that, it still falls flat because Iris ultimately became a needlessly judgmental bitch in her own right, so... whatever. And since we've seen for pretty much the whole series that Iris' way is the Right Way about 90% of the time, the concept of her sucking in school falls flat because she just comes off as some misunderstood genius rather than someone who's actually flawed.

I think all this backstory would've been a lot better if it was shown at least 50-something episodes ago. After 100+ episodes of Iris contradicting a lot of the shit shown in her backstory, rarely failing at anything and being a self-confident jerkass to most people she knows, I don't feel all that inclined to pity her. At least, this is based on what I've learned. Still, this feels like a major "too little, too late" effort, like I suspected it would.
    Okay, I'll watch; maybe you'll actually be right. Boy, that would make for the worst league ever.

I guess it will mark the end of the saga, but it will still be the same series until generation VI arrives. So we'll still have Cilan and, unfortunately, Iris around, but at least it will be the end of Trip, so that will automatically make the next saga somewhat better.
    Lol. Trying to cover their mistakes by tossing Trip aside as quickly as possible, maybe, but otherwise... I wonder...

Just lol.
    Even if the writers do end Ash's journey in this region, there is no guarantee that the next story arc and/or region won't have the exact same flaws that are in Best Wishes!. Even Johto had some decent character development and battles here and there, but the writers are barely even trying with the Unova region.
    Agreed, so hard. This is the first time BW has actually made me smile with its terribleness. Only this happens to be awesome, too.

I love it when they acknowledge their characters are a dud, by sweeping them under the rug. Haaaha, oh, fuck Trip. Karma has finally righted this wrong.
    I've been watching the Diamond & Pearl reruns on Boomerang this week.

It... astounds me how not-shitty that series is, even when it started out. I was in hysterics when they debuted Paul, because he was a lot more of an overt stalker in the beginning, plus very quick to mouth off to Ash at every turn, and an overflowing ego that leaks out. He even tells Ash that he talks like a little kid! I LOLed so fucking hard at that. It's almost like the writers put some actual EFFORT into Paul's presentation, so he would stand out and make you love to hate him. I knew I wasn't delusional with nostalgia; the writers knew what the hell they were doing in DP. Ash isn't painfully an idiot, Dawn was relatable and didn't have an insufferable attitude like Iris... I... I just have to ask myself again and again, what the hell is going on with the current series.

We're never going to get an answer for that, are we?
    I don't necessarily want to see it happen. I'm just kinda unenthused by the whole Shaga arc as is to be honest.
    In general, I'd just rather have Ash battling Drayden than Iris, even if there is nothing for Ash to gain from it. Ideally though, if Iris MUST battle Drayden, I'd like to see her lose miserably against him, and then Ash battles him afterward and either beats him or does a much better job than Iris so her haughtiness can finally be broken. :/ The Ash I know is a far superior trainer to Iris and could teach her a thing or two about being a good trainer, but that Ash is not in this series. Goddammit.
    Gotta love how they're foreshadowing the very likely chance that Ash is gonna get into the Unova League with Oshawott and Snivy STILL unevolved through his rivals' Pokemon. Bianca has an Emboar, Trip has a Serperior, Kotetsu has a Samurott. HORRIBLE EXCUSES NONETHELESS. As someone who normally likes Ash, I still want him to fail terribly in this League. The writers have to REALLY fuck up to make me actively want him to not succeed.

And all this sudden in-our-faces Iris screentime/glorification that's so unnecessary. I honestly liked it better when she was a tree in the background, god. Now I might not be able to fully enjoy an episode that centers on Snivy, one of the few Pokemon of Ash's I like, and crossdressing, which is always supposed to be great.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom