• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
TouyaShiro
Local time
11:07 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Greetings to thee, Touya. As you may or may not have been able to guess, I am contacting you regarding recent interest in facing off against eachother in a Pokémon-related fightin game... While I can't do so immediately, I will brobably be available in, say... three hours from now. Is that good for you, or is it the middle of the night there or something along those lines?
    TouyaShiro
    TouyaShiro
    It's 7:46pm dude, lol. I'm game to go if you are, though!

Just as a reminder, my timezone is UTC+0930, or ACST.
    Wispy Willow
    Wispy Willow
    *Faceplams* I meant tomorrow. Does THAT sound good? :p
    TouyaShiro
    TouyaShiro
    Sounds perfect! I'll probably be on BMGf before then, so throw me a Conversation so we can exchange NNIDs then.
    Could always do what I do and just relocate the topic here. :p Anyhow:
    TouyaShiro
    TouyaShiro
    You do raise good points, and ewormPL also pointed out things like Mr. Bonding. At this point, I don't know if there's enough evidence to disprove one theory or another.

The main thing I run with in this case is that RSE are the games canon to XY's place in the timeline, and at the very least, that was true prior to the reveal of Oras - simple, I know, but they reinterpreted and rewrote the script in order to make sure Mega Evolution and the Kalos region fit seamlessly into their story. The old script wouldn't have worked unless they wanted to intentionally shoehorn Mega Evolution in - and they wouldn't do that with its story importance to XY, now would they?

Really, I guess I was just trying to make a huge case out of my *personal* belief. My thought, while it is crazy to believe, is that the remake regions are their own timeline, and they allow setup for continuity nods back to themselves in future remake regions. I'm thinking so far forward because, eventually, SOMETHING will make a nod or two to it...

By all means, though, I do NOT believe in the "Megaverse" where XY and Oras are separated from every other game in the series. That thought is just weird.

So to finish off this comment, I have to ask a question that I'm fairly sure I asked before. Do any of the games released so far make reference to features only present in remakes, like the Sevii Islands?
    Esserise
    Esserise
    I don't disagree that XY were written with the intention of being the next link in the FRLG/E-HGSS/P-BW-B2W2 chain. But, that's retcons for ya'.

However, I think it makes a lot of sense to separate XYORAS from the other games. When Zinnia says that the other world never saw the emergence of Mega Evolution or the ultimate weapon, and has a Hoenn that's less-advanced, well, it's just too perfect of a fit. And it's not so much that they're separated from the other games - the events depicted in the Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova, games still happen, but in a slightly different way. The old games are just not the correct depictions of them anymore. For instance, the Mega Universe's version of Red & Blue would probably look something similar to Origins - the quintessential Kanto storyline, but with Megas.

Personally, I also find it appealing because it frees up a lot of room for continuity. You don't have to bother with pesky plot holes like "Why is Mewtwo in Kanto and Kalos?" or "Why does a random Punk Girl have the DNA Splicers?" or "Why do those Genesect Drives exist in ORAS?" The multiverse consisting solely of XY and ORAS takes care of those issues.

To answer your question, yes, the games have referenced remake-only features before. I can't remember if it's BW or B2W2, but one of them mentions the Pokéathlon. XY also mention Resort Gorgeous from the Sevii Islands.
    TouyaShiro
    TouyaShiro
    Ah yeah, I think I remember the Pokéathlon being mentioned - and XY referencing the PWT (albeit turned into a sports competition much like the Pokéathlon instead of the great final gathering of pre-Mega Gym Leaders and Champions).

Mega Evolution threw everything for a loop. Maybe that's why the one guy who tweeted about the continuity deleted his tweet afterwards...

One thing I want to know (but probably never will) is this. If the universe of Mega Evolution is its own continuity, due to each region having its own origin story so far, does that mean the origins will be retold with each new instalment? Key Stones are said to be rare to find, so if Kanto comes first, surely it'll have its own way to explain Mega Evolution... But then comes the problem of Kalos (or Hoenn) being the first one(s) to discover it. Whether or not we'll get an answer on which region truly had the very first Mega Evolution is anyone's guess.
    Hi, resident TokuLeader.

I remember when I was that guy...

youtube .com/watch?v=cVdYHhwQy3E
    "Is this an inappropriate bump, mods? If so, I apologise. This topic hasn't seen activity D:"

Bumping every 2 days is okay with me, especially if a post adds new information. Just thought you'd like to know. :)
    TouyaShiro
    TouyaShiro
    Cool, just trying to play somewhat cautious as I've not done anything of the sort, not even when I was last here, lol.
    Reactions: Dolce
    A reminder: It's okay to leave threads if you can't contribute anything more to the current conversation. Just wait for the next batch of information!
    I like your avatar! Is that Mappy?
    TouyaShiro
    TouyaShiro
    Yes! It's Mappy from the now long-lost ShiftyLook web cartoon. Dig Dug is barely visible to the right of him.
    Saw the reference you left on my page, my turn.
    Lock On! Soda! Lemon Energy Arms! Fight Power! Fight Power! FFFFFFFFFIGHT!
    Sengoku Ryoma; "Kill Process!"
    > I'm happy with it being this way because I'd end up feeling less bad about the idea of resetting my game. At least I won't have an event-exclusive location that I can never go to again... Looking at you, Birth Island.

The discussion in the thread has rather moved on, but I still wanted to say, yes, I agree with this SO MUCH. Black and White are especially painful for me in this regard.
    TouyaShiro
    TouyaShiro
    Isn't the only event-exclusive location in BW Liberty Garden? I guess that area does have a lot of significance (considering you can bring the very same Victini you catch there over to the same location in B2W2 for a unique interaction), but at least it's not as bad as every single Sevii Island beyond 7.
    Esserise
    Esserise
    Liberty Garden (which contains a small extension of the Team Plasma plot so it burns extra hard), the Moor of Icirrus (old man shows up with an infodump about Keldeo, but unlike the Backpacker for Hoopa, he stays there after the event), Meloetta grants a Funfest Mission in B2/W2, and then Genesect triggers a battle with Scientist Dudley, who gives you your version's Drives. On top of that, you have the Zorua and Zoroark events that are activated by the HG/SS event Celebi and shiny beast trio. *And*, while not technically an "event," Unity Tower is also inaccessible now.
    TouyaShiro
    TouyaShiro
    Oh, riiiiight. All those. I'm very much thankful that Pokémon Bank exists, because if it retains compatibility even during transfers to theoretical new Generations, this should ensure we can return the right mons if we need to see the events again.
    Hi! If you don't mind ,my asking, what time zone are you in?
    Qing'e
    Qing'e
    Ah, ok. I don't know how well that would work with games, however, as the time zone difference means most of us will be asleep when you get on..
    TouyaShiro
    TouyaShiro
    I figure as such. No worries, though.
    Qing'e
    Qing'e
    Alright.
    So how was your birthday?
    TouyaShiro
    TouyaShiro
    Been almost 3 years since you made that comment. It'll be my birthday again soon, lol.

Came back because I wanted to get into some heated Magiana discussion. Game Freak's pulling us along for a wild ride!

To answer your question... I think I just spent my 18th as I usually did every other birthday, hanging out with friends.
    Yeah, but it may just feel like they altered the camera angle and gave everything 3D models.

Maybe I'm just being cynical.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom