smalllady
Local time
12:47 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I agree that N and Zekrom are a better match. Reshiram going along with a lie doesn't make sense, although it could be argued that Reshiram knew that N would leave Team Plasma and was willing to put the truth on hold until that happened.

It doesn't seem that Zekrom is going to appear again. Some fans think that it will follow Ash to Kanto for some finale involving Giovanni, but that's a silly theory. In my opinion, the only legendary Ash should have a special connection to is Ho-Oh.
    I have to say that they could have done worse with the backstory, given that Hilbert/Hilda's inclusion seemed unlikely to begin with. It does make sense that Reshiram would strike the castle, making N see Ghetsis for who he is. At the same time, that sort of outcome makes Ghetsis look pretty foolish compared to his Black and White version.
    Game Freak's scenario writer, Toshinobu Matsumiya, explains why he chose the names Verbena and Helena (Anthea and Concordia). It makes you wonder why he didn't even bother to reveal those names in the actual games, doesn't it?
    Hi! Noticed your post in the q/a thread - did you ever get an answer to your Meloetta question? I'm confused too about whether she can be downloaded to BW or only BW2 o_O
    Kinda late. but happy V-day smalllady! /hug Hope you had a great day. : )
    If they don't introduce a new type, I will forever think of them as cowards. They must know that we're suspecting it.
    Sylveon (most likely derived from sylvan, which is a forest spirit) pretty much just cements the nymph origin. Everything is still speculative, but I believe that at least one of Sylveon's moves from the game footage is of a new type (either the first or third one, if not both).

Since Xerneas and Yveltal's types are also being kept hidden (and it's been over a month since their introduction), I suspect that they share Sylveon's new type. Looking at Yveltal, you certainly don't get a Light vibe from it. Considering that and the fact that the only element a nymph directly alludes to is a mystical power, my current theory is that we're dealing with a Mystic type. By that I am referring to creatures that are not so much legendary as they are mysterious and associated with fables. Surprisingly, not many current Pokémon fit that bill.

If they opt for the Mystic route, then I see the following Pokémon being included: The Clefairy and Togepi lines, Vulpix and Zorua lines, Milotic, Mew, Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf. 15 Pokémon being retconned would be reasonable, and there could be at least eight more Mystic-type species introduced in Generation VI (with three having already been revealed).
    Theres something about the Norse myth thats confusing me, there seems to actually be two serpents rather than just one. Check out this post I made & the links for example: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f693/legendary-pokemon-discussion-144804/index8.html#post4546958

I can't figure out whether the snake that gnaws on the world tree (Nidhoggr) & the one that circles the world just like ouroboros (Midgard Serpent) is the same creature (with a different myth) or not. :-/ However, the alchemy stuff all fits perfectly. N even says in BW2 that Truth & Ideals will come together like a chemical reaction or something along those lines. Perhaps the ancient people who founded Unova or Abyssal as well as Dragon Spiral (DNA Helix) Tower had figured out a means to create new life? Since there exist an ancient method to recombine them partially, its definitely possible they wanted to create a Chimera Reshiram/Zekrom for unknown purposes. In any case, encircling the world as well as other themes like cycles, balance, Tao, and whatnot do fit the Midgard Serpent pretty nicely.

Thats very interesting about Hel, it would be something if someone based on her wanted to create the original dragon or did create it in the past given she controls Nidhoggr in myth. I'll be looking forward to reading that miss Small :ksmile: I just hope that Game Freak really did have all this stuff in mind.
    Like someone else said, the graphics are kinda choppy at some points, but they still have a good bit of time to clean that up and make it smother. The battle scenes look near perfect to me though.

In the legendary thread there was a theory that the bird & the stag are based on creatures in Norse Myth http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f693/legendary-pokemon-discussion-144804/index4.html#post4545162 If thats the case, then the mascot of Pokemon Z would be the snake dragon you see at the bottom of the tree. Níðhöggr - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The DNA design in the Japanese logo should play some part in the games as well, but I'm not certain as to what. So, overall theres still a chance there even if slim lol The Original Dragon would for sure most likely be part Earth or Water type to convey that myth, if it was Pokemon Z.
    Calling it now, this is definitely the Johto to Unova's Kanto, and they even are referencing Unova Pokemon with statues if the one in the trailer is any indication.

I know I should give this up, but the Original Dragon could be Pokemon Z, but we'll need to learn a whole lot more first XD I like a lot of what I see so far, the legends really look badass and have a more stylistic but natural look if that makes sense. Do you like things so far? I'm hoping for a great plot this time too.
    Geez, people will use anything as proof for R/S remakes... I don't know what to say anymore, but I don't want to be rude. Sad since I like Hoenn, but people aren't really being logical, or at least some aren't.
    That was probably cause of Ghetsis/Plasma and some of the things involving N, though I get what your saying. Thats also part of the reason why I'm hoping Gen 6 is a throwback to Gen 2 like Gen 5 was to Gen 1. I don't feel like BW2 was a throwback to Johto, at least not "fully." It was like GSC but without Johto being involved. Johto had a more relaxed feel to it than Kanto, which is true for what its based on. I have a few ideas for where Gen 6 could lead to, but I wonder if we are still going to be outside of Japan or not.

LOL Its likely always like that. This is the first time I've been here at the start of a new Gen, so things probably get pretty hectic and hyped, especially since Gen 6 could change a lot on the 3DS. I just hope they will be as plot based as the last games have been. I don't see them getting rid of the Gyms/E4 challenge, but it can at least be altered or even optional.
    Out of curiosity, what would you prefer for the Gen 6 games to be based on should they announce Gen 6 on the 8th?

Edit: I mean when they are announced next week, as the news is now international :p
    It seems that the title doesn't actually hint at anything new, but that's beside the point. After all, the movie title doesn't hint at anything, but I'm certain that will change.
    I don't see them doing that kind of nonsense once Generation VI is announced, which can't be far off.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom