Paulisthebest
Local time
4:36 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I get home from our trip today
    I will look for you if I am online before tonight, but if not I will be online 8 to 10 PM eastern
    Can I invite you to my social group? I have brought over a few friends from my old group
    Oh no problem.
    Actually you can do a flat battle in Gen V. Also there is a battle emulator online - pokemon showdown, that you can use and battle online with level 100s.
    I cant battle gen 4 because my internet is secure and gen 4 wifif does not work with secure internet :(
    But if you ever want to give gen V battling a try, let me know. I am a ompetitive battler, but not grat, and I can dial it back a notch or two if you want
    Oh you didn't? That's a pity though at same time i can understand this because i myself don't have much time to be into several series or games at once. Especially when some of interest like Pokemon can be quite time consuming. :p
    I would love to, but you see i didn't played pokemon games for years lol. Fact how its hard to come them by in my country doesn't help either.

Though i suppose there exist online pokemon games to join and battle other people.

p.s. Out of curiosity do you by any chance play Yugioh? I play it sometime online, so maybe in case you do we could duel for fun.
    There is difference though between calling pokemon back to forfeit battle(like Brock with Geodude did in PK 1)or due to disobedience counting as auto loss as showed with Ash CHarizard.
    Or calling back your pokemon to exchange for someone else and save it for later. There is absolutely no evidence which would support theory how Erica or Misty wouldn't be able to use later on Tangela or Staryu.
    Especially when every gym in Kanto followed completely different rules altering them to their own advantage and within tradition they follow. Which Misty line at end of episode makes me believe to be so saying how result was draw. She said how his BUtterfree lost in round 1, but Ash countered saying how he managed to come back in round 2 when battling Starmie being about to win with Misty saying how she was just getting started. What does this tell us? How recalling Staryu was not counted as loss. Ash recuperating and gaining upper hand mean nothing, because result would still be 1-1 with battle never being finished.

Trovita gym with Rudy is good example where before match it was settled how each side will use three pokemon with no exchanges being allowed. But as far as Erica or Misty examples go, just like Lenora its quite possible how in their gyms substitutes are allowed.

p.s. Erica only exchanged Tangela, Weepinbell was defeated with Charmander skull bash after burning its razor leaf.
    Don't forget Blaine too, he exchanged his Ninetales against Charizard for Rhydon due to being more effective.
    Back in Kanto show was still in experimental phase not explaining everything so detail and with more precision like DP or BW did, so just because they explained specifically what rules are needed to follow still doesn't rebuke how its entirely possible how in some Kanto gyms rotation from gym leaders is allowed as well. Especially when inconsistency and unexplained things was practice for first season with anime still trying to find his own rhythm.

Dunno, it bothers me when people claim how Ash was winning in Cerulean when even if he knocked Starmie which was still alive, there still existed Staryu to deal with with nothing indicating how she wasn't allowed to use it.
    We already saw some leaders like Lenora substituting her pokemon with each gym following different rules. Especially in Kanto where we seen all kind of weird rules such as using three against three in Giovanni gym or disqualifying pokemon if its put to sleep. Just because it wasn't stated how subs are allowed doesn't mean they weren't. Not to mention Staryu didn't even started battle against Pidgeotto being quite possible how she on purpose called him back and save for later counting on Starmie to wear Ash pokemon down and possibly beat him.

Even more so when in canon Misty stated at end of episode how its not fair that Ash got badge when battle wasn't finished scolding him how they would be tied in result.
    Hi i noticed your thread about worst gym leaders and there is something i would like to bring up. Reason why people are disappointed with Cerulean gym and Ash being handed badge is because even if Starmie was defeated battle still wouldn't be finished. Misty defeated Ash Butterfree in first round still having Staryu at disposal who seemed to be stronger than Starmie, so in reality even if Pidgeotto finished job result would still be tied.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom