• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
MizuTaipu
Local time
5:49 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Whenever I run into an adaptation like that, I always feel like it's a shame. Starts off almost equal or better than the manga, but then loses its edge halfway through. Madhouse did a great job with CCS on two aspects: the animation was beautiful and the series managed to hold its own against the source manga in many ways. I tend to trust Madhouse more with adapting CLAMP works than any other studio (with the exception of possibly Production I.G.). Any other animated versions of CLAMP manga by other studios (that I've seen) either do everything wrong (i.e. Bee Train's Tsubasa Chronicle) or are good standalone productions while breaking golden rules of CLAMP (i.e. BONE's Angelic Layer breaking the unbreakable CLAMP-verse pairings).

I'll marathon the anime one day, and yeah, I definitely prefer Dark Horse's translations for all of Tokyopop's old licenses. lol
    It's been so long since I've read MKR. Watched a bit of the anime, but I definitely went through the manga. I should really buy the omnibus releases by Dark Horse sometime and read through the entire series again. Such a great fantasy series, it's right up there with CCS as one of CLAMP's best works.
    Glad my blog helped inspire you to watch Cardcaptor Sakura! Also very glad you enjoyed it as well, it's a very lovely series. :)
    Ehh, all I remember is seeing this one clip on YT where an EVA unit pinned down one of the Angels and started eating it and I was like ";____;"
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom