• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
Lightning Energy
Local time
3:29 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Indeed. Laziness has often put paid to many of my plans in the past, but I feel that i'm turning a corner now that i'm an adult with more responsibility on my shoulders. Creative writing is both an educational and career path that I have considered pursuing before, but Photography is my first love and i'd love to find something related to that in the long term.

That's great to hear. I'd be very interested to find out more about this project when it is at a more advanced stage. :)
    I've considered a re-read too at times, but just haven't found the time. I would probably prefer not to anyway just in case my nostalgic memories are tainted by reading it again.

Nope, I was never one for writing fanfics xD. I do remember beginning to type a prologue to a Pokeshipping fic that I was going to call 'Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder'. Sadly I don't remember much beyond that. Reading some of the fantastic stories published on Serebiiforums inspired me, but I lacked the motivation to take it any further.
    Haha, too true. Good times. I think WS's fanfic was what got me involved in the Pokeshipping thread to start with. It's a shame that she never managed to complete the fic due to her real life commitments, but it was definitely one of the most absorbing things that I have read.
    Good idea. Get them started from a young age. :) I don't know if you felt like this, but I thought that Ash and Misty had such a natural friendship in the OS, so much so that I probably shipped them even before I had any concept of romance. However, it wasn't until I came across SPPf in about 2002 or 2003 that I discovered how popular they were as a couple.
    Y'know, i've often thought about what it will be like when the time comes to introducing my future kids to Pokemon as well. Do I enter them at the current generation of anime/games, or do I delve into my own merchandise collected from my own childhood and allow them to watch Ash's journey from the beginning? Like you, i'm not prepared to move on from the series and can see it being a part of my life forever more.
    Indeed. People have moved on by and large, and even those of us still around these parts such as you and I are bound to have more commitments than 10 years ago. It is a nice idea though.

I too have chosen to rise above all of the baseless complaints regarding Mega evolving. Humans are naturally averse to change, and considering how Pokemon is rarely one to break the formula it's perhaps understandable that this particular new feature has received such a mixed reception. I'm sure that some are already coming around to the idea of it, though.
    That's awesome. Man, all these names are making me want a Veteran Pokeshippers Community, haha. I've poked my head into the threads here and on Serebii in the past few years, but after an initial post I never follow up with further discussion.

I also think Game Freak were taking a bit of a risk in calling these new forms 'Mega', given how the term was used in Digimon all those years ago. I'm personally a fan of Digimon (Seasons 1, 2 and possibly 3) as much as I am of Pokemon, so I was shocked rather than angered by the announcement of Mega Pokemon. However, I for one have come round to loving this concept and look forward to finding up more about it when I play the games.
    Haha, don't I feel stupid! Now I definitely remember you. It's great to hear from you and to hear you're well man. MistyMix89 - now that's another welcome name from the past. I'm delighted to hear that you're still both in a happy relationship, even more so because you both live in the same vicinity now. If only the Pokeshipping community was still going as strong as it was in those days.

Yeah, i'm more excited than ever about X/Y right now. It's caused a bit of discussion, but i'm all for those new Mega Evolutions as it spices things up a bit and gives us some unique design changes of old Pokemon.
    Hey there! It's certainly been a while. :) SullyMike13, right? I'm great thanks, and feeling a lot older than when we both frequented the Pokeshipping thread on Serebii way back when xD. How are you doing? It's amazing just how many users are still around from the old days; the magic of Pokemon, huh? ;)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom