• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
SammyW27
Local time
10:11 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Thanks mate, glad that you remembered. Your very considerate which i appreciate.

I wish we could talk more often though, i mean we barely do haha. Perhaps this will change in future.XD
    Yeah it was Weak and EVERYONE in my Theater were SO CONFUSED at WHO THE HELL was Howard The Duck and his Cameo was Funny but yeah it didn't really set anything up even tho there is Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 on July 28, 2017 but I didn't see that setting up Guardians 2 IMO. This is my Favorite Movie of the Year, and I thought Benicio Del Toro as The Collector was VERY UNDERUSED here but Thanos Cameo WAS AWESOME!
    Yeah I saw Guardians Of The Galaxy a Couple of Hours before it came out on August 1st and it's my Favorite Movie of the Year and GROOT was AWESOME!
    Say did you see that thread about Hunter J's Death? I hear you're banned but I'm curious as to your thoughts.

You don't have to though...
    Your welcome man. Ah i see thanks for answering, though i think you already gave me answer on that. Yep Hunter J was best female villain pokemon anime ever had imo.

Oh you got banned? OMG im very sorry to hear that, hope it wont be for too long and that whatever was the issue will be reasonably and quickly resolved.
    I know, sad face. Its shame how so many great TR members ended shafted and ditched aside never hearing from them again. Domino was amazing, i mean already at teen age to be elite TR member, and on top of that complete badass not needing pokemon to kick ass. She had interesting characterization too being vain, calculated, condescending taking out her anger and frustration on othees while not bhesitating to humiliate them. OMG i cackle everytime i rewatch Mewtwo returns and her disgust at JJM trio viewing them as lowclass which disgrace TR to the point of betraying them, though conveniently that backfired on her.

Damn we need more of female antagonists like her and Hunter J in this show. That Iron masked Marauder wasn't too bad either. :-D
    Kenta? Oh you mean Jimmy from chronicles? Yeah he was amazing with that Typholsion(still prefer Ash though. :p).

Hunter J is your favorite female, hehe. I can see why, she was really competent, calculated, cruel and greedy being one of completely evil people we got to see in pokemon series. Though , no love for Domino?

p.s. I noticed you have soft spot for bad guys. :-D
    Hi there, stranger passing by. You know we were seeing each other for long time around bulbagarden and i would just like to say that in general i like reading your posts, being usually considerate, well informed and constructive making for fun read.

Its also shame that we never got to know each other better or talk at all, which i would like if it could change. Though if your not exhilarated for talk ill respect your wishes.

That said if you don't mind me asking, who are your top favorite both male and female characters in pokemon(assuming you have one :p)?

For me with males Ash is first, than Brock and lastly Juan(gym leader from Hoenn).
    With females first is Misty(liked her best in Kanto, Orange, Johto(particularly first season of this saga and Master Quest getting some valuable growth and being much more lively, sassy, dreamer as usual in interactions due to getting more focus and chance to shine) along with hosos/chronicles, May as close second(overall great character) and Ursula from DP(Dawn rival and one of most enjoyable characters overall imo).
    ----------
    Still, the I'm not sure the producers were comfortable with people saying "Catching & training Pokémon is bad!" after 11 years & hundreds of episodes showing them being ridiculously close.
    ----------
    Well, Team Plasma isn't meant to be in the right here and Ghetsis is exploiting the ignorance of simple people. By all means, they are strawmanning (in the games, there are grunts who legitimately believe in what N does but some who are in on Ghetsis's true intentions) and you play a character who genuinely values their Pokemon, helping N to gradually see how his view may be flawed.

----------
    Still, the I'm not sure the producers were comfortable with people saying "Catching & training Pokémon is bad!" after 11 years & hundreds of episodes showing them being ridiculously close.
    ----------
    It's true that we've seen plenty of example of that but, again, Team Plasma's meant to be strawmanning like PETA and will later be called out for their BS. In addition, there are other Trainers like Paul who tend to lack empathy for Pokemon. Need I remind you of Team Rocket and Hunter J. Team Plasma can use them as examples for how the concept of Pokemon Training has brought harm to Pokemon. It's a real life thing where people ignore the good and focus on the bad.

The general populous would have never really questioned whether they're doing Pokemon a disservice or not but Team Plasma would bring it up and get those people to doubt themselves.

And you want to know the sad thing is? I think the writers could do this if they wanted to. It always seems like BW's writing was first draft-ish and if they stopped and developed their ideas more, they could do it. Unfortunately, they always have to make the Anime relevant to the current games and they have to cut corners. As a fanfic writer who takes his craft serious, I cannot properly articulate my contempt for such a conundrum.
    ----------
    ----------
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom