• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
Shinneth
Local time
6:15 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I’m glad that we have very different ideas about Shinji but they’re both just as legit. I think I needed to read all that you said, and it’s helped me with a lot of problems that I was having with the fandom. Thankyou. I hope that this spamming has helped you too. ^-^

I’m really excited though for the up coming chapters for Trifecta from everything that you’ve said. I mean it’s a great fic already but the fact that you’re taking in influence even from things like my analyses, than that’s just awesome. Okay, going to try to contain my feels here. I love seeing different takes on Shinji and I’m well aware that there are arguments against my analysis. Heck, half the reason I brought up Trifecta was because I knew that even as a two parter, I wouldn’t have room to say everything I wanted to say and I felt Trifecta was a good way of bringing up the arguments against it. I think that with how open Shinji is as a character, it’s impossible to write him as the show intended him to be written and be 100% sure of the ideas behind him. That is unless someone ever gets to do an interview with one of the creators. It is very possible that we’re both wrong and there is a mysterious third option that they actually were thinking of and it’s also possible that things were left somewhat ambiguous since the writers realise that actually the idea that a character not being defined by their routes does not mean that they have to subvert the idea completely either. There’s literally hundreds of possibilities out there. (though I will add just in case there’s some noob reading this that that’s not to say Shinji can’t be ooc either. His behaviour just needs to be explained by the narrative in a way that relates to the narrative presented in the anime.) Okay, I’m getting kind of hung up and excited about this and off topic, okay no more. I am honoured that my analysis is good enough to be inspiration for Trifecta.
    I personally see Trifecta as my expectation to the rule when it comes to that headcanon. I have seen others treat it as a sob story as as an ‘explanation” however, within the fic, a lot of things that could be problems with the theory and with the story overall all are explained very well. I know that sounds contradictory and I’ll admit it’s odd but I’m not sure how to explain it. I’m not into the idea that Shinji’s actions aren’t his actions, but in your fic it’s still clear that they are his actions. A lot of this is how you write Kouhei, Reiji and Jindai. Jindai was one in particular was one where it could have easily not gone anywhere near as well as it did but it did go well, for you made Jindai human. I like how Kouhei has a back story too and Shinji’s reactions to meeting Kouhei’s family. It again brings in the humanity of the story. I think I’ll always think that the best stories where Shinji has a backstory should take a leaf out of your book when it comes to writing Reiji… though when I tried that I failed, but I think I understand now why.

And now for the bit which took forever to write. I have to admit, what you showed me surprised me. I knew that Kirika is hard to impress with fanfic but I thought she would be a bit more polite about it. After all, writing Shinji hard enough and looked like she not only expected you to write Shinji well but to write her Shinji. That’s unfair since everyone has their own Shinji, since he was written to be ambiguous. Heck, half the reason I mentioned Trifecta was in that analysis is because it’s another great Shinji take. I’m sorry about partaking in the bashing of the theory: I got way too excited to find that there are other’s that didn’t like the theory and went too far. If you like I’ll talk to Kirika about the icons thing. She can be very awesome and understanding about that sort of thing.
    I personally see Trifecta as my expectation to the rule when it comes to that headcanon. I have seen others treat it as a sob story as as an ‘explanation” however, within the fic, a lot of things that could be problems with the theory and with the story overall all are explained very well. I know that sounds contradictory and I’ll admit it’s odd but I’m not sure how to explain it. I’m not into the idea that Shinji’s actions aren’t his actions, but in your fic it’s still clear that they are his actions. A lot of this is how you write Kouhei, Reiji and Jindai. Jindai was one in particular was one where it could have easily not gone anywhere near as well as it did but it did go well, for you made Jindai human. I like how Kouhei has a back story too and Shinji’s reactions to meeting Kouhei’s family. It again brings in the humanity of the story. I think I’ll always think that the best stories where Shinji has a backstory should take a leaf out of your book when it comes to writing Reiji… though when I tried that I failed, but I think I understand now why.

And now for the bit which took forever to write. I have to admit, what you showed me surprised me. I knew that Kirika is hard to impress with fanfic but I thought she would be a bit more polite about it. After all, writing Shinji hard enough and looked like she not only expected you to write Shinji well but to write her Shinji. That’s unfair since everyone has their own Shinji, since he was written to be ambiguous. Heck, half the reason I mentioned Trifecta was in that analysis is because it’s another great Shinji take. I’m sorry about partaking in the bashing of the theory: I got way too excited to find that there are other’s that didn’t like the theory and went too far. If you like I’ll talk to Kirika about the icons thing. She can be very awesome and understanding about that sort of thing.
    I’d love to say, “Come to tumblr. I’ll follow you and it’ll be awesome” but the sad truth is that yeah, you could well receive a tonne of anon hate. I really hate saying it but it is the truth. It really disgusts me too, since some of that would come from people where I spoke to them and thought I could respect them. You could turn anon off and block a whole bunch of people and I know a few people of the top of my head who would likely to worth following and certainly could respect you. I certainly would follow you and would love talking to you over tumblr. It sounds like a lot of fun. Indeed, I’ve often wished that you were a member, however, I’m not going to selfishly pretend your fears aren’t warranted. There is hope though, since I think that people might understand you better if they saw you as person and I have come to understand many people more as people due to tumblr.

I’m glad you like my headcanons. I can be overly conscious of them, so seeing you liking them makes me so excited, but no where near as excited as some of the other things you said in those (13) VMs. Reiji breeding Shinji’s Dodaitose is one I’m particularly fond of so I’m glad you like it. It has always got to me that Reiji can be put with any starter and it work very easily. I wasn’t aware that you saw Jindai’s Doidaitose as making Shinji’s Dodaitose’s egg. I’m guessing from what I remember from my last read through of Trifecta that it’s not quite the same. “no, have it as an egg since no other pokemon would like you but one that you raised and if you’re going to be a trainer, you’ll need a starter. shheeese”. Still, the similarity is quite fun. ^-^
    Also, is there anything in particular you would like to see Shinji do if he reappears? Would you like Reiji to reappear too? I'm hoping that if Shinji reappears at the league like a few people are expecting, Reiji will appear too, but I don't have too much hope there since Reiji's seiyu isn't with the show anymore. Still have a little hope though. Are you still able to predict the terribleness before it happens like you did with BW with Crystal? I was always in awe of that.
    Urgh, Sailor Moon Crystal. I didn't think it was so bad at first. I love Moon Pride but then, it just got worse and worse and more painful. I gave up around the end of the Dark Moon Arc. The whole 'we fell in love' thing with the Sailor senshi and the generals thingy. I hated that romance. I didn't watch Sailor Moon (original anime) until I became an adult so I can only imagine how painful Crystal must be for you. I mean, just that one scene was so full of no and gyaaah full of no just not right. Also, Crystals animation is really boring and lacking in character. It does annoy me when people say that the romance is so much better since even if Usagi and Mamoru's love was the best ever, the sheer nooo of the other romance makes Crystal fail in the romance anyway. (yeah, that still annoys me.) The nice thing was that I didn't feel compelled to try going into R. Some of the shots I've seen though, make me glad that I can but it is sad that such an influential and awesome anime is being treated this way. yeah, I don't mind you going Randy Marsh on this series, since it's rather disappointing to say the least.

Feel free to rant to me any time about things if it makes you feel better. I mean, I like really help much, but I can at least be ranted to. ^-^ I just hope you're still enjoying writing Trifecta.
    From what I hear, Iris wasn't too popular in Japan (though more due to race than her terrible writing from what I've heard which sucks.) Still, that means that Iris might not get a cameo. I don't know how I feel about that. Cameos tend to reflect on the series writing rather than the character's writing so she could have better writing so seeing Irisi's traits well written could be interesting. I'm not putting my hopes up too high though. Thought it was worth bringing up though. Oh, yes, the animation is wonderful this series. I'm loving all the faces and the character animation and the battles (though I still prefer DP's battles but DP had Shinji and that would effect bias.) The slower pace just lets the characters go at their own pace and react in a more realistic way and everything. I like how natural the humour is this series. I'm not so keen on Serena but she's not the worst either. Best Wishes is over and it's writing is gone and whilst some parts weren't as bad as I remember on reflection, I'm glad it's over. XY is a lot of fun and I am enjoying it and am so glad to have someone to enjoy it with.
    It made me so happy to see this reply from you. ^-^ I wish I checked bulba more often just so I had seen it earlier. I'm on tumblr most of the time nowadays.

Finding it super cool to be considered your friend. ^-^ Anyway, spam me with long replies and stuff any thing. I don't mind. I'm glad that we're both enjoying XY (aside from Numelgon leaving which yeah did totally suck). It is a huge relief after Best Wishes and it's so nice to see the series try to have decent battles. I'm also really enjoying how it's not worrying about 'feeling like pokemon'. There's no 'this is the next kanto' here or anything like that which is great since it means that the show can finally begin to experiment again. woo. I didn't find Numelgon leaving to be as painful as some fans did but still, it's annoying. And when you mention Iris like that, it does become even more annoying in perspective. (I've been casually ignoring BW for a while now and it feels great.) Satoshi doesn't deserve that. Still, he's been treated as a strong trainer overall, so it's still cool. I hope the rumours of the Shinji return are true, though I still have some doubts. I'd hate it if he returned and they just treated him like just another character for Satoshi to beat. I want to see how Shinji would interact with the cast. (I've kind of already got super hopes there but anyway.)
    Since I haven't seen you round in a while, I just wanted to check if you're okay. Are you still enjoying XY? I hope that you life is less negative too.
    Oh, I know that you never meant any harm with your thought-out posts of criticism, and that they were always relevant to the topic at hand. I was only saying that you shouldn't have problems from mods if you don't spew your hate in places where they don't belong and remain constructive... but the fact that you were addressed by mods personally on this matter about your long posts tells me why you've been hesitant to post much now. I'm sorry it's come to this for you, just as I'm sorry about how some users have been avoiding you on other forums because they don't share your views, and with your fanfic. Because, really, the people who've been attacking your posts are the ones for cause of most of the blame for topics getting derailed, and even out of hand, when you're only replying to them to defend your views rather than trying to change theirs'. The rules even state that that is not how the forums operate, if you've read the new guideline. There's not always anything wrong with challenging another's opinion, but when the only thing one can say in reply is basically, "I disagree," and then simply respond with his own viewpoints, it's best that he simply ignore it and move on.

Yeah, that's true; I guess it wasn't as long as past review posts have been. Perhaps you'll get back into shape eventually, though.
    That newer rule was made more to create a more civilized atmosphere on the anime forum than to prevent anyone from criticizing BW or anything that we dislike in particular. We are still allowed to have our own opinions, after all. As long as your criticism is related to the topic - such as with the thread about Trip as a rival - and you explain your reasons without mindless bashing, you should be fine.

In any case, I noticed your reply in the newest dub episode review thread. That's certainly a start. ;)
    You're not posting a lot because you have nothing to complain about? And even thinking of the forums reminds you of the BW series? Well, it would be nice to see you back again, regardless. I haven't had as much activity myself, either, partially because the place has been rather dull without as many people around as before.

Ah, I didn't know about the blog. That was sure long, but I guess you still are the tl;dr master, after all. And I can see that you're still enjoying XY so far. :D
    Wow, no posts in almost eight whole months. Where have you been? Too busy or are the forums just not very exciting enough for you anymore?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom