N
Local time
6:12 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey, your HP Fire Contrary Snivy is ready. My FC is 0361-6364-1279. If you want it nicknamed let me know before we trade!
    Ah I follow it off 'n' on. I have a lot of different shows I need ta watch. That's good. Maybe I'll watch some on my 4-day-weekend.
    Season 3 is my fav too. sp powerful. I love the supreme king and most importantly the music. some of the best in YGO.
    Yeah, that's pretty cool :) . I'm really excited to actually see the different mechanics in use against each other for the first time, too!
    Yeah, it was a wild ride from start to fin.

Ooh, Sonic! Yeah, I can see why people wouldn't like Pyramid of Light as much as others.

Cool! I'm really behind on that cuz of watching mostly just cartoons in my free time. I might watch some once I'm on break, tho.
    Aw yeah that's very true. Although I'm a hyperZeXual I agree that the duels were often lacking.

Yeah, I'm watching the Japanese version, of course. I saw Pyramid of Light in theaters in kindergarten, and then Bonds Beyond Time in 7th (?) grade :p . I do like it for nostalgia factor, tho (and for when that guy picked up Kaiba by his head). It's where I got the Pyramid of Light card and Blue Eyes Shining Dragon.
    Sweet! I'd Hope not XD . Yeah, I really liked his depth of character. I really need to get back to GX (and 5Ds) but I'm mostly caught up with cartoons ATM.
    Again it was just his own duel monster spirit that he transformed into. As I've learned, anything can happen in the Yu-Gi-Oh universe xD

I think Jaden has always had that ability; it was only strengthened in season 4. I recall him doing it various other times in the other seasons as well. Like his "childhood cards" were real when he transported to space (because I seriously doubt Kaiba's holograms were programmed to work in space).

If you ask me, season 4 was the one with an abundance of plotlines and random characters. Fujiwara just shows up almost randomly and Jaden suddenly adds Honest to his deck that has no connection to his Hero cards whatsoever.
    Remember he (Tyranno Hassleberry) broke his leg during an excavation and it was replaced with a dinosaur bone, which mixed Dino DNA with his own. That's why he couldn't be controlled by Sartorious. I think he just took the form of his duel spirit.

Maybe, considering they also kind of randomly brought back the Winged Dragon of Raw for one episode, and Blue-Eyes, and Red-Eyes, and the XYZ machines, and kuriboh. But then again the first and second series were the most linked, only spanning a 10-year difference. They moved on with 5Ds.
    That may have something to do with it, since Jaden did pretty much keep using the same monsters and strategies every duel. But I wouldn't say it was entirely so, because they still kept the Heros along with the Neo Spacians, and the latter essentially became a part of the Hero deck. Though how he can fit all those cards into a deck of only 40 cards is beyond me.

I won't argue with you on that point; there was definitely a lot going on. But I personally found it to be more entertaining rather than confusing. I like to see all the separate conflicts develop on their own and then merge at the end to climax at the final conflict, and I thought it was nice when they went to Domino City and met Yugi's Grandfather.

Hm I wouldn't say that. There was the incident with that Harpie's brother character and then Adrian Gecko's obsession over Exodia, which didn't really matter for anything. What I like about Season 3, as I said, is the darkness. All the character's fears are revealed pretty much for the first time, and the atmosphere is not all cheery and everything is not about "dueling just for fun" anymore. We see that Jaden is not perfect and that he needs help sometimes too, and in my opinion it developed Jaden and Syrus' relationship more than anything else. It also sets up for the darkness of Season 4 and was the most "realistic" of the seasons.
    Well I wouldn't say he didn't get character development in Season Two, though granted not as much as Season Three. After he lost the ability to see his cards he had to leave the academy to re-evaluate his life, and it really shook up his confidence and brought him back down to earth (or should I say space xD). In fact it was the same case for Alexis, Chazz, Bastion, Syrus, Zane, and to an extent Aster; their development which started in season two was concluded in season four.

Eh what do you mean? o_O I'm pretty sure every season had a major story arc (though you could argue about season 1). But yeah, season 3 was great because it connected the theme from season 2 about the balance of light and darkness, where season two was all about the "evil" light and season 3 was the "good" darkness. It was an exceptional way to convey the idea in my opinion...though Super Polymerization with Yubel's "heart" was kind of pushing it.

Do you duel yourself by the way?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom