HumanDawn
Local time
4:53 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I can see how Strong's voice was so bad it was hilarious. It would be difficult to take anyone with that kind of voice seriously. If they got rid of the southern accent and made him sound a bit tougher, Gongenzaka's dub voice might be okay. It would be an improvement at least. They water down the original version so much to the point where it's a shadow of what it used to be, so that can make it harder for the audience to buy into the serious moments, especially with the kind of dialogue in this first episode.

I still think that 4K Media is stuck with the 90's mindset of how to dub a show, while other companies, even TPCI, have advanced beyond that. Granted, the way TPCI handles Pokemon isn't perfect, but I don't think it's nearly as flawed as the Yu-Gi-Oh! dubs are. There are some necessary changes, but stuff like altering the dialogue to make bad jokes, changing the characters' personalities, changing terms completely and providing their own catchphrase is really not. While I don't like the Arc-V soundtrack being replaced with generic music, I would take that if that was the biggest problem with the dub instead of being one of the many problems with it. I don't think that I've heard of that requirement regarding a main character's name and I don't think it's true given that they changed Judai to Jaden. That was an understandable change given how Judai sounds and Jaden is a perfectly fine change. Yuzu's dub name, on the other hand, isn't. If they can keep Yuya and his father's names in tact, then there's really no good reason why Yuzu couldn't have kept at least her first name. And if they had to change her name for whatever reason, there were so many better options than what they went with.

I heard about those cards getting printed. That's pretty cool. I don't play much of the card game myself, but it's always neat when they print some cards from a previous series.
    Yeah, some of those voices would fit more for an abridged series than a dub, especially Strong and Shuzo's voices. Gongenzaka's voice just didn't fit him in the slightest and if it wasn't for Strong's voice, he would have had the worst one in the episode. I didn't pick up Nico's German accent. It sounded more British to me with it's tone, but not as much of a thick accent compared to the British voices they've had in the past. I would love for them to redub this and change Yuzu's name back, but I unfortunately doubt that's going to happen.

I'm sure that people who haven't seen the Japanese version before this won't have the same reaction to it, but it is unfortunately that it's the same kind of bad quality associated with Yu-Gi-Oh! dubs. Yoko's voice was surprisingly good and Yuzu's voice was solid. I'm still not sure if having a good voice makes the situation with her dub name better or worse. Either way, it's one of the dumbest and most unnecessary changes I think I've seen for a dub name. It's only one letter, but why do that? Why not give her a name that actually sounds like a name if you're going to change it? I'm still so upset about that and that really ruins whatever excitement I had for the dub. Trash talking Yuya still bugs me too and is worse, but Yuzu is the second most important character in the main cast. If she was Kotori 2.0 like I originally thought she would be, I wouldn't have as much of a problem with this change most likely, but given how good she is and how important she is to the story, I should not be enraged by just the sound of her name.
    Amazing. :eek:

I'm getting rusty in my hangul, so I should make myself learn some Korean.

I'm taking a Japanese class right now and that's fun as long as I'm not taking a test.
    I can't be spoiled if I don't know the characters xD (wasn't that guy a protagonist though)
    Actually I don't even know how Zexal ended DX
    Thank you. ^_^ Time is a bit strange like that. It feels like last year was a long time ago, but not that long either at the same time.
    That's great! I've tried to take my time as well. And DexNav is definitely my favourite feature in any game to date. It's as close to the anime we'll get and it's a lot of fun to play around with. Unfortunately I see it being a Hoenn exclusive. And that's a pretty stacked team. I'm running with Swampert, Gardevoir, Breloom, Magnezone, Altaria, and Sableye. I had never intended for Sableye to be on my team, but he's actually really good and I would love to use him as a Megalution (even though I have three other options). I was thinking of maybe using a Froslass instead, thoughts? I also need to start downloading some Secret Bases. I've barely touched that feature yet and it's my favourite from the originals.
    Wow, you've made some incredible process in such a short period of time. Finals have got me preoccupied so I have yet to even beat Winona. And completing the National Dex before even beating the League is a huge accomplishment. What does your team consist of at the moment?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom