• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
T
Local time
6:18 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Gimme an hour or two. I'm in the middle of something at this moment. It's been a very busy day, sorry for the delay
    I hear they've been trying to (unsuccessfully) sue to get the content off Youtube. Right now, they've given up on that by actually trying to control in monetization of Let's Plays with their Nintendo Creator's program, which whitelists games that Youtubers can showcase (basically controlling what gets advertised by them) and evidently, are pressuring them to not show videos of their competitors if they want t stay in the program.

Like I mentioned in the TPC lawsuit thread, I think this also has more to do with content control than revenue generation. If they simply wanted to make money, they'd whitelist all the games and grab their share of the revenue; however they're telling people specifically which videos can and cannot be shown, suggesting that there is a deeper motive than just monetary gains.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom