• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
Herbizarre
Local time
3:22 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Herbizarre
    Herbizarre
    Colress did tease us with Eviolite Magneton back in Black 2 / White 2, which worked quite well for his first fight. :D

Of course, I don't let my guard up around people I fully trust, like my girlfriend, my friends or my coworkers. But sometimes, it's good to keep your distances just in case xD

Yeah... And the one you mentionned is Black Shadow, the main villain of the franchise. Well, not in GX, but in the other games he is. His vehicle is named the "Black Bull", a huge machine with very high grip and body strength, but awful boosting ability. Although, in F-Zero GX, the machine's on-screen stats don't make sense at all and Black Bull happens to be one of the best non-custom machines for that game lmao.
    Swimming... That's something I've been meaning to try and actually do for some time, but I haven't been able to swim for more than 5 meters. Either my body is too weak or I didn't have enough momentum.

Well you can find the first three F-Zero games on the Switch via the virtual consoles : the first F-Zero on Super Nintendo, which is more arcade-like and was one of the games using the "Mode 7" chip, which was a big thing back then. It had a mini-comic showcasing Captain Falcon doing some bounty hunting. F-Zero X is the next game on the Nintendo 64. This game sacrificied graphics for speed fluidity, and looking at some speed runs of the game, it really shows how important that was. The rock/metal soundtrack gets your adrenaline pumped ! The third one is F-Zero Maximum Velocity for the GBA, which is very much like the first game in terms of graphics. Although it's the only game without Captain Falcon in it, but there's a machine like it you can unlock. That game's physics is quite different from the first F-Zero and can take some time getting used to. In canon, Maximum Velocity happens 25 years after the first F-Zero.

In fact, the F-Zero games are a bit tough to get into at first, especially F-Zero GX on the GameCube, which is notoriously for its difficulty. The last two games are F-Zero GP Legend and F-Zero Climax, both on the GBA though Climax was only released in Japan. These two games are actually based of the F-Zero anime, which is its own universe and timeline. Funny enough, you can actually watch the F-Zero Anime on Youtube because the games have become so obscure that Toei Animation doesn't give a flying duck about it and didn't take it down. Say, do you want english or french subtitles for that anime ?
    Claire386
    Claire386
    Salut :)

Haha Colress was awesome! I kinda wanna play B/W2 again! His Magneton was so bulky in the third battle and rematch! It's kinda shocking... pun intended. XD

Ah Black Shadow = Batman. :0 I'm curious about GX now and wanna play as him lol. But you said it's difficulttttt. Maybe I'll play it on Dolphin cause I really need new games to play, and the only racing game I've played lately is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe which is fun but gets kinda stale! D: Otherwise I play Pokemon S/V pretty spoaradically for the raid events, but beyond that I've just been unsure what to playyy. Still waiting for the DLC content to finally come out in S/V so I can get to exploring the kitakami region. It'll be out in 3 weeks which ain't too bad. c:

Oh that's a lot of games. c: Which is your top favorite? I've played most of those consoles, except Super Nintendo. I don't mind if graphics aren't great cause I care more about gameplay and speed. Do you feel the same? :3 If a game has good graphics but sacrifices speed I'd probably get bored of it. Difficult games can also be pretty discouraging for me cause I'm not a very competitive person. I just play for fun and if it turns out I'm good then.. yaaaaaaay-

As for the anime I'm used to english subtitles cause they're usually more ubiquitous but I'm fine with French too. c:

But I would really love to get into a new franchize honestly! Cause I'm falling into a rut where I don't know what I want to play, and I've been kinda out of it energy wise. Like I slept 10 hours for 3 days in a row lol but I feel good now-
    Herbizarre
    Herbizarre
    Bonsoir !

Yes, and I didn't even mention his battle theme ! Better pack your Ground-types :p

Black Shadow is nowhere near as good as Batman is though. I suspect some other characters might be inspired by comic book characters, but that's a topic for another day. Playing this game on Dolphin is a good start. But you should be aware that Grand Prix mode will lag a bit when all vehicles are on screen at once, and one of the F-Zero venues, Sand Ocean, has some graphics that will slow down Dolphin quite a bit, but you can fix it by disabling one setting, which would be something related to "skip EFB access". Granted, I asked that info in the F-Zero Nexus Discord server rather hastily, so I grabbed what I could lmao

It's been a while since I played Scarlet. I think I stopped at the second Gym, though I had beaten 2 Team Star Bosses and 2 Secret Ingredient Guardians. I've been meaning to get back into Zelda Tears of the Kingdom though, since I bought it for my own birthday.

That may be a lot, but those are the only F-Zero games thus far (F-Zero Climax was released back in 2004, and only in Japan to boot). Most of them are fairly easy to access though. As for speed and graphics, it depends on the game genre, but for a racing game you obviously want things to be fast ! Any reason to play a game is a good one. For example, I find myself playing Vampire Survivors sometimes just to have fun demolishing hordes of undeads upon hordes... With a freakin' tree ! As for my F-Zero's favorite ranking, it goes as follow : GX (which I actually speedran in the past, and is still somehow in Top 30 for the Max Speed category) / Climax (this one has a built-in track editor) / Maximum Velocity / the original F-Zero (first F-Zero I played) / F-Zero X (I didn't play it nearly as much as the others) / GP Legend (it's not bad by any means, I just prefer the others).

Here are the links for the playlists. Choose which one you prefer : English or French

F-Zero is a nice franchise to get into. The character roster (well, machine roster) is quite diverse, and each machine should feel different enough from the others during your playthrough. Have fun~
    French Riddle (rebus) for you :
    Sprite_0062_DP.png
    Sprite_0233_Pt.png
    Miniature_0902_♂_EV.png
    Herbizarre
    Herbizarre
    Oh, I thought it was going to be something that has all the syllabes of those Pokémon's names in the answer. My bad !
    c la fet
    c la fet
    Dw lol I'll make a better one one day (plus I'm pretty sure Basculegion isn't even a salmon :wynaut: )
    Herbizarre
    Herbizarre
    If it is, that's one big salmon to fish :lapras:
    Sorry it's been a long while >-< I had been with some stuff lately. But I am back! and better than ever >:D
    How's my fav Herb doing? :eek:

ALSO, SUN.. OR MOON??? >:O
    Qing'e
    Qing'e
    Nah, I just don't have any real job. Perfectly fine with saying that. :w
    Herbizarre
    Herbizarre
    Okie dokie xD
    To be fair that's the case for me as well, though things are looking rather bright for me :p
    Qing'e
    Qing'e
    Alright then xD
    Ah well, that's good to hear at least :p
    I think I have an offer in another place similar to the one I am working in. Tho it's nothing safe yet. Wish me luck :p

wow :c that does seem like a streak of bad luck. I am sure this time it's gonna end well tho ^^

And I get it xD that's why almost all my chats are conversations now. Long and private uwu

Doritos are amazing pls :3
    Those are fun! Unless there's a brawl over that..
    what didja have? =3

I am gonna leave my job and look for a better one (uni if mom gets a stable job, not gonna start before that, I'd rather keep making money to help)
    Is it far away? :eek: and Oh Lord what happened? o.o;
    In our conversations xD; I miss the pics spam!
    White Crow
    White Crow
    Chimeras are so much fun xDD have you ever done them?
    Herbizarre
    Herbizarre
    I'm afraid I haven't. Not much inspiration in this regard, I think :/
    White Crow
    White Crow
    Thats why I hate this new system :c I didnt remember getting notification of this. But >.<
    Happy New Years Herbs~! *confetti*
    Nope, if I am rolling means I am too lazy -w- That's the sad truth about it.

Ohhh congrats :D Were you able to get a good nature/IVs on it? :eek:
    *Crow rolls* -w-

Oh it's a game that's becoming more popular now xD it has a pokemon air to it, since you collect ghosts (iirc) or monsters and make them battle and stuff :eek:
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom