• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
Cap'n Jack
Local time
9:00 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

•                / ¯¯`フ
             , '' ` ` /       !   Pat Pat
    .        , '      レ  _,  -' ミ
            ;          `ミ __,xノ゙、
             i     ミ   ; ,、、、、 ヽ ¸
          ,.-‐!       ミ  i    `ヽ.._,,))
         //´``、     ミ ヽ     (¯`v´¯)
    .    | l    ` ーー -‐''ゝ、,,)).       `·.¸.·´
         ヽ.ー─'´)              
           `"""´  

YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hey, wasn't really sure about doing this because i can understand never wanting to hear from me again, but i am very genuinely sorry for what i did eight years ago. and i'm also sorry for dragging up old memories; don't know how this is going to be received, maybe it would've been better just to let it drift away and be forgotten about, but i don't think i ever actually directly apologized. which is some bare minimum shit. you deserve that. if there's anything productive i can do now to make amends, i will absolutely try my best. i hope things are going well for you these days (despite the plague)
    Cap'n Jack
    Cap'n Jack
    I’m pretty sure that feature was removed for whatever reason... these Discord invites are too short, so what I’m actually gonna do is ask you to add me at JunpeiAceDetectv#2924, then I’ll have a more immediate way of sending you the invite once I get another one. Sorry, I swear I’m not an e-mail scammer. x)

That’s a shocker! I sometimes wonder if I’m going to mellow out and drift away from the metal, but it’s often the only form of stress relief I have, so certainly not for now. I’ll listen to Zeal & Ardor at some point soon, to see what you’re talking about! We have a music bot in the server, maybe I’ll put them on during one of our game nights. ;p
    Pyradox
    Pyradox
    all right, added! (as far as i know; the only thing i've ever used discord for before is a gorillaz release rumors server, so i'm going to hope i'm doing this correctly.)

i think i essentially grew out of it myself because i was associating it with the worst part of my life, mental health-wise, and because forcing myself to base my identity around it was preventing me from figuring out who i actually was. there's a difference between sincerely appreciating something and, like, self-flagellating because you're severely depressed and worried it's the only community you'll ever find, and i was definitely deep in the latter. "it's important to listen to the things that genuinely make you feel better" is probably a solid underlying point here. or things with Extreme Satan, like zeal & ardor, and i agree that you should absolutely get that playing in front of as many people as possible
    Cap'n Jack
    Cap'n Jack
    If you are “revelator”, then yep, you did it correctly! My avatar is a cute Picrew, so if you see that, it’s me.

Aw man, I didn’t get the impression back then that you were forcing yourself to be a “metalhead”. :( But then, I didn’t get very many impressions of anything back then. If you just stick to music you like now, that’s awesome, I’ve found tons of metal that’s been my happy place in the past however many years.

Anyway, I’m trying to pick the most dramatic time and place for you to pop your head into the Pit Stop and surprise everyone, so hopefully we can do that sometime this week. Again, really hope you’re doing well these days! :)
    Thank you very much for liking my post in names the trainers that you never want to lose to them and glad for that. Really glad and thank you very much. Hope you like this post answer it and answer the post that you already liked it in that thread
    I know I'm extremely late, but happy belated birthday!
    Cap'n Jack
    Cap'n Jack
    Thanks a bunch buttercup! Did I miss anything since I dropped off the face of the earth for a few months there?
    Chibster
    Chibster
    Nothing much, if that's a good thing? Admittedly I haven't been coming here as much either!
    You misspelled "bread" in your usertitle. :p
    Reactions: Vulpix037
    Cap'n Jack
    Cap'n Jack
    umm excuse me but "dread" is the original nipponese lyrics WRITTEN AND SUNG BY SHOJI MEGURO EFF KANYE EFF T-SWIFT ONLY MEGURO tyvm
    Scarlet Sky
    Scarlet Sky
    BURN MY BREAAAAAD
    Cap'n Jack
    Cap'n Jack
    I'm not a princess

Not your cutie girlfriend, oh no,

don't

you

know
    jack, in case you didn't know, we have a discord server for BGN
    Reactions: Freesia
    Cap'n Jack
    Cap'n Jack
    I'm not so sure about me. I'm going out of town tonight so I won't have Internet. Sorry... I hope you have lots of fun tonight no matter what you do, though!
    Freesia
    Freesia
    Hey Jack have you joined our discord server yet? If not would you like the invite link? :)
    Cap'n Jack
    Cap'n Jack
    Sure! I have no idea what Discord is or how it works, but seeing as you want me to, I'll do it!
    Hey, thanks for the tips on those games! I just checked Amazon for TWEWY and for a new copy, $18 and change is not bad at all. I actually prefer buying used cib games on Ebay bc it's usually cheaper. I'll let you know if I buy any of them!
    Cap'n Jack
    Cap'n Jack
    I'd like to shop on the SE store but I don't have a credit card or a PayPal (working on getting a PayPal, no desire to ever get a credit card xO≈). As much as people like to rag on SE, they ask very reasonable prices for their products, you're practically stealing from them! So apparently Amazon has been slowly raising the free shipping minimum for everybody? When I registered it was $35, I thought that was a steal but you're telling me it used to be lower than that!?!? Eh, I'm just glad it's not what I was thinking, like Amazon decided to raise my minimum individually because I've spent so much money in the ~1 year that I've had my account. That would've been pretty shady. (doesn't mean it isn't shady to not automatically select free shipping I WANT A REIMBURSEMENT I WILL SUE! >_<)
    Chibster
    Chibster
    Paypal is easy to set up! You can even load your account if you buy a Paypal card from a store's gift card section, but there's a $3.50 fee each time (which isn't that bad if you want to avoid credit card hassles.) I feel like they raised it bc other popular free shipping sites have a $49 min so Amazon wanted to make more money themselves x'D It's not all that bad if you get a free Prime trial and you pre-order games! 20% discount!!
    Cap'n Jack
    Cap'n Jack
    Well shoot, PayPal cards sound right up my alley until I get my hands on a proper bank account. I tried getting that free trial of Prime, but I needed a debit card if not credit, and obviously I don't have a debit card yet because I haven't set up a bank account yet. It was the perfect time to get a discount on preorders because I was preordering Zero Time Dilemma and Persona 5, but whatever, I don't mind paying full price for what will surely be good games. If you can't tell, basically at this point in my life there's a ton of grown-up stuff I have to get set up but I haven't due to laziness combined with a fear of the unknown. v_v;
    D
    Thank you so much! :)
    I couldn't reply in conversation due to some unspecified error, so posting here.
    Cap'n Jack
    Cap'n Jack
    Captain Pallet, I like the sound of that. I wonder who has the Power of Heart. Hah! Topical humor!
    D
    Deleted member 72389
    Lol that's hilarious! I dunno who has the Power of Heart either.
    Cap uses female pronouns now ^-^ and to reply directly to VM's you click the comment button in the bottom right corner of the VM and type the text! :D

Anyway I'm glad to see that kickass Makuhita again. why did my mind think "umbreon" at first
    Cap'n Jack
    Cap'n Jack
    I just can't understand people who feel like that about themselves and it makes me seriously uncomfortable, because it requires me to change the language I use for reasons that I don't honestly believe. Have you ever thought that a lot of problems people face are the result of semantics being blown out of proportion? As insensitive as it may seem, that's how I see it, but of course it's like I said, I can't possibly understand what it's like without going through the same identity crisis myself. What I'm saying, though, is I can't help but think that that sort of an identity crisis is unnecessary and avoidable. That's my honest belief, as much as hypersensitive nitwits (even here on Bulba) have given me flak for that mind set.

I'm surprised you even remembered that user name! I think I might have adopted this avatar while I still had it. I don't know where I got the idea to keep the same avatar for as long as possible, but it's going on five years now. Jeezaloo!
    TheCapsFan
    TheCapsFan
    I see where you're coming from 100% and I have to agree with you for the most part. Many of the problems in my life have occurred as a result of me blowing things out of proportion. And I can't understand what they're going through because I don't think that way about myself. But just because I'm not like them doesn't mean I can't appreciate their choices and stuff.

Haha, I have a decent memory when it comes to that stuff. My brain stores a ton of just purely useless details.
    Cap'n Jack
    Cap'n Jack
    I'm glad you're able to see that a lack of understanding doesn't equal animosity. Some people don't realize that, though... "transphobe" this, "white cis male scum" that... that whole attitude ("Third Wave Feminism" or whatever you wanna call it) is one of the things that bothers me the most in the world right now. Like I said, I think it stems from people taking putting too much value in the imaginary set of rules we call language, and that's what makes it really petty. I'm starting to go a little bit off-the-rails, but I think you see where I'm coming from.

Dude, I can remember the color of my amine waifu's eyes but I've forgotten what my name is before! Apparently I've been like this all my life, because I remember when I was a kid, my mom wrote a note to one of my teachers telling them to bear with me because I had "absent-minded professor syndrome". I still laugh at that memory.
    words did indeed happen :O

Not everything is saved, but quite a lot of it is. I was surprised I found as much as I did, with millions of posts and all.

You could do that, or buck tradition and find a completely new avatar. It's your choice, I'll leave you to your existential crisis of tradition vs. progress : D
    Hey Jack, guess what I found? :V

http ://s26.postimg.org/eg6nk6wf9/avatar54120_3.png

(Remove the space between http and the colon)
    Part 2

Yeah, I've seen a lot of criticism for both Birdman and Boyhood regarding the style over substance thing. I did enjoy Boyhood and found parts of it really touching, but the second half of the film seemed to stretch on a bit too much for my liking. It didn't help that I found Mason vaguely annoying as a teenager (that rant about technology...come on). I'm glad I saw it and I think it's a film everyone should see once, but when it comes to films with naturalistic dialogue, I think I prefer Linklater's Before trilogy. This surprises even me actually; I thought it'd be the other way around.

I snorted out loud at "nobody is allowed to talk about legalizing weed," hahaha. I'm taking a directors class (we're studying Hitchcock, Fellini, Spielberg, and del Toro) and there's an assignment where you can write about an auteur of your choosing. Apparently they banned everyone from picking Tim Burton in last year's class because he had a history of being too popular of a topic. Weird, I thought it would have been Wes Anderson.

Aw :3 I think I read that when you posted it elsewhere on the forums, or something. Which Pokémon are they, exactly?
    (Now you know my pain, lol.)

It's just another word for discussion or analysis of a work's themes or characterization, or often more minor details (for example, why Hermione was sorted in Gryffindor and not Ravenclaw), from what I understand.

I'm the same way when it comes to making friends. You're lucky that you have all your friends from high school with you :p I only have three, and all of them have a 90+ minute long commute to campus, so they're not always around to hang out on weekends. If I have one piece of advice, it's to try and make friends within your program. It seems like a given, but I didn't really do this last year and none of my close friends share either of my majors. Last-minute panicking over essays is much less painful when you have a friend panicking with you.

Hah, don't worry, lots of people are in the same boat. I'm trying to combat this by doing most of my work on campus. Whenever I get home and change into my pyjamas I automatically lose all motivation to do any work.

Sounds intriguing, I'll be sure to check it out. I did go to the library but apparently you have to talk to someone to enter the media commons area and I was feeling too shy at the time x_x Lol. I'll get around to it. I've seen Citizen Kane and Superbad. Knowing of Citizen Kane's reputation made me brace myself for disappointment, but I actually enjoyed it? Like, I anticipated that it would be really dry and slow for modern tastes, but I actually found it pretty compelling. And that was before I learned about its technical mastery when I saw it again in film class. Superbad was pretty good, I like how it starts off raunchy but ends on a heartfelt note. What are the other films like?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom