Bulbagarden

Boss1708
Boss1708
Of course! Can you tell me more?
Desdar300
Desdar300
I'm making a post about how Gen 2 IMO lacks an identity and how I feel it made the region suffer as a whole
Boss1708
Boss1708
Well, I don't think Gen II lacks identity, Johto has a very unique identity (tradition, culture, peace), which is opposed to Kanto.

However , I do agree that Gen II has less identity because Johto gets partially overshadowed by Kanto: The Pokemon League is Kanto's, Oak gives you the Pokedex instead of Elm, the region itself isn't expanded because of the excuse "well you have a whole second region to explore".
Desdar300
Desdar300
By that I mean that everyone I talk to only seems to remember the Kanto postgame and nothing else. Literally most of the Pokémon you see are from Kanto and they're the strongest too. By comparison the Jotho Pokémon are relatively weak and just blend in with the Kanto PKMN
Boss1708
Boss1708
Also, post game Kanto is inferior to Gen I Kanto, and just makes it seem bland.

And did you post the comment? Need some more help?
Desdar300
Desdar300
Actually I wanted to know your Gen 2 grips? I ask because your a massive Gen 3 fan and said Gen was bashed for basically not being nostalgic. I remember Raquaza was actually the first Pokémon attacked for being quote on quote too Digimon like.
Boss1708
Boss1708
I sent you a PM
Boss1708
Boss1708
The first Pokemon that didn't look like a Pokemon to me, was Palkia, it started the over the top Legendary designs trend.

Never before gen IV did I think this of a Pokemon.
Desdar300
Desdar300
For most that started with Gen 3 and to this day that notation is absurd because how can one describe what a Pokémon is?
Boss1708
Boss1708
It is about feeling. A Pokemon is not just a random creature. All Pokemon have something in their designs, something common, and that makes them feel like Pokemon. When a design lacks thst in somebody's eyes....they say it is not Pokemonish. I have said it too, tbh.

Any creature can be a Pokemon, but not every creature should imo. However, there is only a few Pokemon that don't look like Pokemon to me.
Desdar300
Desdar300
Issue is that we have Pokémon based on Objects, Foods, Celebrities, among other things. What makes a Pokémon is completely up in the air because anything can be one.
Boss1708
Boss1708
I kinda disagree though. A robot from Transformers, can't be a Pokemon, for example. It just doesn't feel Pokemon like. And that's my issue with Complete Zy, it isapproaching the over the top design. Yes, it can be a Pokemon, but I don't think it is driving the designs in the right direction.
Back
Top Bottom