• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
Silktree
Local time
6:27 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey Silk, you just quoted a post of mine that I had already deleted, in order to avoid controversy, so could you please remove the quote or delete the comment? Sorry...
    Not too familiar with Hawaii'an myth, but there seems to be themes of sacrifice to their gods similar to the Mayan. Some speculate that Lunaala is based on one such god (mayan) named Camazotz. I'll have to research further and Polynesian culture in general, or wait until I (hopefully) vacation to Hawaii later this year.
    Yo Silk. Been a while since I've gotten the chance to be active here, any place by chance where I can read up on any recent theories of yours? : D

Pretty cool that GameFreak seems to be going with an Alchemy theme for some of the lore of this gen, we actually speculated on that very thing when Kalos was still new.
    El_
    El_
    Well, not trying to sound biased or anything, but the last two American based regions were pretty story driven... even if Orre may not technically count in that regard, I'm hopeful nonetheless.

Alola is already premiering on the same console as the previous gen (like Unova did) so perhaps GameFreak will feel the need to make it "stand out" with more depth like they did with regards to BW & Gen4.
    El_
    El_
    Alchemy as a theme does explain the typing(s) rather well though, and has a root in astrology to boot. However, I have seen people bring up Hawaii's own mythologies which are intriguing; your recent post about the island guardians is very interesting.

Perhaps the "island challenge" is a way to link the usual league challenge with the mythology of the region? Give it a bit more depth than just hoping from point a to b, but it could also be something else.
    El_
    El_
    Does alchemy explain Lunala at all?
    Quite possibly a reasonable explanation for the Ghost typing: https://books.google.co.il/books?id=fkc10_zCBv0C&pg=PA202&lpg=PA202&dq=moon+repository+of+souls&source=bl&ots=kvomiX3bQj&sig=ReNZIQ8-Z5cTxmYlcuh6SxDqbsA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjjs4r_sJHNAhVDvBoKHca4A-QQ6AEIGjAA#v=onepage&q=moon%20repository%20of%20souls&f=false
    Honestly, I will admit this is rather loose, but GameFreak could have simply conflated the theme(s)Info does come from an alchemy text though.
    Man Silk you must be some sort of prophet to predict Gen 7 and BW2 IN A ROW!
    Desdar300
    Desdar300
    You told me remember?. It was after a certain incident happened with my Z blog a year ago.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    Right. By the way, you once mentioned playing the games with your boys. Was that a figure of speech?
    Desdar300
    Desdar300
    Yeah that's another way I refer to my friends in Texas XD.
    Your signature made me laugh.

I'm curious how they'd react to Sun & Moon... By the way, how are you?
    Tuoko
    Tuoko
    Finished reading the blog entry. That's pretty great. Congratulations!

Hm... I remember hearing about 999 before, but never really got into it. Didn't even know there was a game for The Walking Dead either, though I shouldn't be surprised as it's popular... I think.

I remember watching Danganronpa, but I never really got into the games as I couldn't get them due to not owning the systems. That and Digimon seem to be the only games that interests me on the PS Vita. I still need to watch Digimon Adventure Tri, perhaps sometime this weekend. ERASED sounds interesting... I'm tempted to watch it.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    The first Danganronpa game is now available on Steam.

If you're interested in Cyber Sleuth, you may want to buy a PSTV. It's only around $40 these days.

And you should definitely watch Tri and ERASED. I doubt you won't enjoy them.
    Tuoko
    Tuoko
    Oh yeah, I remember hearing about that now.

Yeah, I am interested in Cyber Sleuth, though I'll probably get the PSTV and game sometime in... May-June, since I'll be done with school by then.

Haha, alright. I've been planning on watching Tri, I'll start this weekend, ERASED.. Either this weekend or next week. I'll let you know what I think of them when I do.
    Love your signature. That dude dropped off the face of the Earth.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    That's because he was banned around 10 days ago. But something tells me he would have disappeared, anyway.
    You have no idea how much I love your sig.

Shame that the said user is banned, I'd love to see how they'd react to all of this.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    I'm sure that he is going to pop up again using a sockpuppet. It may be difficult to recognize him because obviously he won't be talking about Z anymore.

!Z! was a sockpuppet of Gillian, who was in turn a sockpuppet of Azuro. For all we know, his forum history goes even further back.
    Hey, it's been a while. I actually lielowed from Pokemon back in 2014, but the sudden leak of Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon made me get back to Pokemon again.

Do you think this will be the sequel to X/Y, much like B2/W2 is to B/W? I'm actually feeling this might finally be Generation VII. And Pokemon Sun gave me another hope that Game Freak may finally introduce the Light-type. :p
    Silktree
    Silktree
    A new generation is well in order. I don't see these titles being associated with Zygarde, and why else would XY get sequels?
    T
    Totodile158
    Yep, it looks like it. Generation VII is indeed coming. So Zygarde's formes will be included in these games.

I'm waiting for the legendaries,.I wonder what will be the theme this generation. I hope it's Light and Darkness, as it gives me hope for the introduction of the Light-type.
    I do have a question, about the generations, though. Are you still thinking of this as a standalone thing? Or, if you do think it will start Gen VII, what do you make of the future beyond that? I can easily believe that Gen VI will consist of only two entries; that's no different from Gen V. But isn't it kind of awkward to start Gen VII on the 3DS with the NX on the horizon? Unless this is a standalone "special" gen.
    Esserise
    Esserise
    Or, crazy thought, Gen VII is only this one entry, the the NX will kick off Gen VIII... but that seems kind of "out there" as possibilities go.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    Well, my prediction in the past few days due to the Rainbow leak was exactly that: a standalone game under the anniversary label. That way, Game Freak could move onto the NX in late 2018.

But the presence of two titles obviously makes me reconsider. It's still possible, but certainly less likely if the marketing is the same as past generations, which the trailer should clarify. It also depends on just how much they're changing the engine. If it is a substantial difference, they'll want to re-use the engine next year, making it unlikely that they can move onto another generation in 2018.

It's actually possible that the NX handheld will only be released in late 2017, making it reasonable for Game Freak to wait until late 2019. Or the gap will be exactly as long as the 3DS-XY one... Nintendo will survive.
    Lol you really can't handle losing can you? :p It shows how weak your arguments are when all you can do is accuse me of sock puppeting, although everyone can clearly see it's you operating 3 accounts :p You've fooled no one.

You're not getting Gen 7 this year :) and a few baseless attacks at me won't change that :)
    Reactions: 8BitPoipole
    !Z!
    !Z!
    Oh I know you didn't use report function, you went direct. Hence why you knew before even me!
    Silktree
    Silktree
    I knew because word got around. I had nothing to do with what happened.
    Zeb
    Zeb
    lmao this conversation... RIP !Z! hope you enjoyed the Sun and Moon announcement as much as we did!
    Has any merchandise placeholder for the movie shown up yet? Or will the movie merchandise start being advertised later? I don't know where this sort of thing shows up. I'm feeling a new Pokemon in the movie even more now after Corocoro's tease for next month. :D
    Silktree
    Silktree
    There's only one merchandise sheet so far, with no placeholders. It's scheduled to be released in April, so it's pretty obvious that they're saving the major stuff for later.
    Reactions: Zeb
    We're having "delusional wishful thinking" apparently, because we're looking at the situation and entertaining other possibilities. I can understand people who bring up counter points to discuss but not those people saying we're delusional for personal reasons. It might be that we are wrong about the end result but I don't think our view is unreasonable all things considered.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    I think that Serebii may be one of the worst offenders when it comes to ignoring any evidence that doesn't support a Kalos game.

Fun fact: When Munchlax was revealed in 2004, a lot of people thought that a new generation would be released that very same year. Serebii was one of them. Years later, he also thought that Generation V would last 4 years, and was still seriously considering it when XY were teased.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    Serebii: "Just remember, it's a matter of when, not if we'll get the next Gen 6 game"

Oh, I am absolutely going to love seeing him eat his hat.
    Zeb
    Zeb
    I think him being a big name in the community and so arrogantly confident there being a Gen VI Zygarde game in the works doesn't help people want to consider other options since most fans consider his theories to be mostly accurate (despite being wrong for most of this year). It will be interesting to see. (Also I didn't get a mention from your blog weirdly.)
    So I guess this is the new VM system. Its a bit annoying since conversations won't go on both our user pages but I guess its good that other users can join in the conversations now?
    To be fair, if Masuda is personally tying Go to the anniversary and it's confirmed to be released in "early 2016," it would come off as weird not to release it on February 27th.
    ----------We already know that Go is treated as part of an anniversary project, which includes the next main release.----------

Do we actually know there's an anniversary project that includes the next release, or is this just speculation?
    Silktree
    Silktree
    Masuda: "Of course, at the same time, I'm also thinking up ways that this project might connect with the next entry in the main series Pokémon games. 2016 marks the 20th year since Pokémon was born. It's going to be a very meaningful year for me, and I am really excited to be able to participate in this project. I hope everyone will also be excited for Pokémon GO."

Just a bit of reading between the lines.
    I'm hoping the Virtual Console release isn't an indication that they are treating the anniversary as secondary. I'd much rather they also use that day to announce the next generation and release Pokemon Go.

I'd be beyond pleased if they released Generation IV and V on Virtual Console one day and revived the Wi-Fi features.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    The anniversary isn't limited to a single date, and doing too many things at once isn't necessarily a good idea. I see Go's release and Generation VII's announcement happening around the anniversary, preferably a few weeks in advance. We already know that Go is treated as part of an anniversary project, which includes the next main release.
    I was so certain that the manga was hinting that Zygarde wasn't being reserved for next year, but it looks like I'm wrong, oddly enough. Multiple app segments would likely just be released simultaneously in March. I still find the idea of a third version being teased 10 months early mind-boggling.
    I think my biggest source of apprehension is that I know Yokai 2 and 3 exist, and I doubt the story matters that much that I'd rather get one of the later games.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom