Bulbagarden

Snoozle
Snoozle
I am doing good, thanks :)

Is that Marth becoming part of a collection, or just a one-off as a character you like?

And it certainly did go by quickly. What are you studying towards in college?
Chibster
Chibster
I have a small collection of amiibo of characters I really like, but he would count more towards my Fire Emblem collection! :) And I'm studying Biology with my interests of wildlife and the environment in mind! Are you in college/ graduated? :D
Snoozle
Snoozle
Very good! What career path are you thinking of, if you don't mind my asking? Alas, I am already graduated.

What else makes up your Fire Emblem collection? Do you like to collect all sorts of things, or are you focusing on that one in particular?
Chibster
Chibster
I don't mind at all! It's kind of a long story since I'm still a little unsure, but I know it will probably involve hopping from one job to another. I wanted to work at a vet's office as a vet's assistant, maybe a job at an animal shelter, then move on to possibly inquiring to work at the wildlife hospital I volunteered at (though I'll probably have to take a test to become a wildlife rehabilitator), possibly finding a government job relating to conservation, working for an organization like Audubon or the Wildlife Conservation Society. Sorry, that was a lot. xD What about you? And what did you major as? :D

Aaah yes, my FE collection! It's pretty much consists of all the games released in the U.S cib (had them since I was younger so they weren't expensive as they are now), the rest of the games except for Thracia 776 and FE6, FE4 figures, Radiant Dawn guide book, FE Awakening 3DS system with original box, Awakening art book, chibi Chrom figure, chibi Awakening character keychains, Tsubaki cards, Marth amiibo, Ike amiibo, and soon to be the FE Fates special edition! I have a lot more on mind that I need to track down!!

I'm talking too much about myself, let me know if you collect anything too! :)
Snoozle
Snoozle
That sounds like a good career path! I know someone who works in conservation, mainly in protected species and it does require a lot of work and effort, but if you enjoy it then it sounds very cool! I like that you have a lot of ideas for work experience, that is always the best way.
I didn't major as such, because we don't do that over here, but I studied as an Audio Engineer for my degree :)

Sounds like you've started a nice collection there. Do you know what you'll do with it eventually? I went a bit insane collecting anything and everything to do with Pokémon a few years back, and am slowly trying to recover some of that money by selling it at profit!

I force myself to not collect or buy things any more, but I do still have a lot of stuff from the past. Board games, magazines, anything at all to do with Pokémon, and video games! Thousands of video games :p

I'm quite happy to hear lots of things about you though!
Chibster
Chibster
Really?! Does he/she associate with a certain endangered species? I ask because when I watch nature shows, usually people track down a certain endangered species. If I had to do that, I would work with birds

Wait what do you mean "we don't we that over here"? :0 And that's cool! Do you have a job? :D

I'm keeping it of course! There's no way I'm letting go of it! xD What kind of Pokemon stuff did you collect? I don't collect Pokemon so much, but I'm looking to getting the boxes and inserts for R,B,Y and G,S,C. Other than that, I have a few knick knacks but I mainly like to get Pokedolls and other Pokemon Center stuff! :D Do you by any chance have anything I could buy? xD

Aww why is that? As long as you can control it, I don't see any problem with it! The best thing is to look for the cheapest possible price and although it takes some time, it's worth it! Garage sales, thrift shops and buying/selling apps are your best bet! Any rare games you have? :eek: I too am a video game collector! Don't have much as I would love, but most of them are valuable! I'd love to build up my SNES, PS 1 /2, GB/GBA and Gamecube collections!

Oh yeah almost forgot to mention, but there's this vlog on Youtube called stephenvlog and he and his wife have a really huge video game collection and they recently completed their N64 collection! They're so lucky to be near stores that sell reasonably priced games! >.<
Snoozle
Snoozle
I'm not entirely sure to be honest. She did a lot of work on British foreign territory islands doing evaluations of marine life, so maybe turtles and fish and stuff? I don't know :p
She works now for UNEP monitoring the trade of endangered species and working with governments to try and stop it from happening.
What draws you towards birds?

Well in the UK we just study one subject for 3 years for our degrees, we don't do loads of different ones. I don't have a job in Audio unfortunately, didn't really think ahead too much, but it was pretty cool to do it!

I collected every damn thing I could find. It all started off with wanting a single Snorlax holo card from the Jungle set. I bought these massive collections of cards from eBay, and none of them had it! So I ended up getting a bit obsessed with that, along with Magic the Gathering and Yu-Gi-Oh cards for a while. Then I moved onto buying plushies, figurines and all sorts of other wild stuff.

I plan to get rid of it all eventually... I've offloaded the plushies for a hefty profit at my old university Pokémon society, and even sold a box worth of figurines and things, and a few cards, but I've still got so much left! I wish that I could sell everything to you, but shipping costs on anything bigger than a trading card would be a bit of an issue :(

I search all over the place hoping to find some super bargains. I love super bargains! It's pretty nice having a knowledge of things and their worth. Being in the antiques trade would probably bring much more profit, but it's nice to have at least something you know about so if you see something rare you can buy it!
I don't think I have that many rare games, but I've got a copy of Secret of Mana with good condition box and all the manuals and map etc. which I think is worth around £80 nowadays. I haven't really evaluated my collection that much, so there could be others!

My favourite piece is a Mint pre-radiation Pokémon Green with everything inside it. It's not massively valuable, but I always wanted one and now I do!

The idea of collecting seems awesome until you start to realise just how much room all of the stuff takes up! I moved house and left 99% of the things behind because there is just no room for it here. I don't want to get rid of my gaming collection, but one day I will probably have to ;_;

Have you got anything super rare, or a jewel in your collection that you covet the most?
Chibster
Chibster
Omg that all sounds so cool! Good job to her! :) And huh that's a good question, never really gave too much thought on it! I just think birds are misunderstood by so many people and I really hate seeing how so many are smuggled for the pet trade or for black market purposes. It just makes me sad seeing how many species have gone extinct over the past century or have become endangered. I just feel like I'm connected to them. Maybe that sounds weird and I really don't mean to sound like a furry or something. xD Oh and on top of that, they're all so majestic. :3

Ohhh I see! Well that just sounds a lot better than taking useless classes, ugh. >.<

Haha it would have been easier if you just bought the single card! xD And I don't know about MTG, but Yu-Gi-Oh! I can definitely agree with. You're not even going to keep one thing? :'( I would recommend pkmncollectors to sell your stuff, but you have to have at least 10 feedback from buying first. :/ There's always Ebay, but the fees get really annoying.

Haha exactly! Is it the NA version? You can use video game price charting to check the price! I'm on a mission to get that, as well as some other cib SNES games! I actually recently purchased Chrono Trigger and the manual, but later on I want to get the box and inserts too. It's kind of a hassle getting things piece by piece, but it was actually recommended on a game collecting site.

Haha you can very easily find it and not spend too much money! I think it might be easier/cheaper if you buy it off of Yahoo Auctions Japan. I use this service called Zen Market and they have a 300 yen/item fee and a cib Pokemon Green would probably be 1700 yen!

Noo whyyy ;~; (if it seems I'm trying to encourage you to keep your collection, that's precisely what I'm doing! I kinda don't like seeing people give things up, you know?!)

I definitely treasure my copy of EarthBound; I can't believe it's worth nearly $200 just for the cart alone! I also recently found out my cib copy of Dragon Ball Advanced Adventure is worth $80-$100. I bought it 5 years ago completely new in plastic for only $20. If I had known it was going to become this valuable, I would have kept it completely new!! Oh and just in November, I got my copies of Ni No Kuni and Yokai Watch signed by Akihiro Hino (creator of YK and president/ceo of Level 5!)
(Also, very very sorry for making you write so much. xD )
Snoozle
Snoozle
Oh no, you don't sound like a furry just a feathery.
That is cool though. I saw a Red Kite today, so that was pretty good.

Yeah, I really should have done that, but to be fair, I've sold a few cards here and there and almost made back the money I paid for everything, and I still have a ridiculous amount left, so I can afford to do a bulk sale and get rid of it all at this point!

I was on pkmncollectors for a bit, but I think I'd be more interested in selling most of my stuff in bulk on eBay or something. There's a couple of items worth more money, but it's mainly just little figurines and bits and pieces like that that aren't worth selling individually.

No, mine is the PAL version, and it normally sits in my SNES ready to be played! What are you working towards as your next purchase?

I got my copy of Green a few years ago. I talked to a guy who moved to Japan from England who was selling games on Ebay, and requested he pick me up the mintest of mint copies he could find. This was just a week or two before the tsunami hit, so I was lucky!

I'd gladly hand over everything I have to you (for a small fee :p). Eventually you'll understand the burden! If there's anything in particular you're looking for, I will gladly see if I can locate it amongst my horde!

That is pretty good! But you have no intention of selling them, yes? It seems a shame to let it all go, but sometimes having the money is more useful! There's a lot of sentimental value, but isn't the idea of collecting things to wait until they're worth more and then cash in? :3

(I am happy to write so much. Sorry for making you reply with so much!)
Chibster
Chibster
Haha your strike through did not work! >:D That's cool! The only time I've seen a bird of prey up close was when I volunteered at the wildlife hospital. I was okay feeding the Red Tailed Hawks, but I had to scramble to feed the Great Horned Owl because she doesn't like anyone! -_-

Ohh then it'll be fine then! If it's enough to put it up for $100 (or however much that is in pounds) then do it! :D

And wait, a PAL version of SoM exists? I honestly never knew that. :0 I purchased a cib Pokemon Silver for $26 on Amazon and the seller did specify it came with everything, so I hope it's legit (and it arrives soon)!! I already have the game, so I just needed the box/inserts. Then, I can sell the game I just bought for $20 and make up most of the money!

I would ask, but most of your games are PAL version, right? xD And of course, I'm never getting rid of any of my stuff! >:3 If it's in my collection, it stays in my collection and no one touches them but me (and my friends)! >:D Collecting is different for everyone, but for myself and a lot of other game collectors, it's about having everything! Okay that kind of sounds greedy, but money isn't everything to me! My best friend collects X-Men comics the same way I collect video games and I bet she would also tell you it's just fun and it just makes you feel good about having what you want! AAaaaand FE Fates is coming out tomorrow!!!!! Sooooo excited!!!

(And no worries, it's fine!!! :D)

Oh and last question, do you haz any pets? :3
Snoozle
Snoozle
I noticed that no formatting works any more, there is no 'go advanced' option for us! ;_;
I think that raptors are pretty cool, my favouritest of the birdies.

I'll get around to it one day, I'm sure. It needs to be gone!

It certainly does, as I own one! I noticed your website only tracks prices of american sales, so I'm not sure what it's worth. I know PAL SoM and SoE are pretty rare, and I have both in super condition :3

That sounds like a very good deal if you manage to pull it off! I'm not sure if it'd be worth the time and effort to make it into a full-time job or hobby though! I think of everything in terms of time nowadays ;_;

Yes, all but I think 2 common NTSC games for Gamecube. And never is a long time! Don't forget once you move out into your own apartment your space will be limited! :3 I know the feeling of getting a whole bunch of new super stuff can be exhilarating, but at some point it sadly comes down to space and expenditure ;_;

I'm glad you have something to look forward to! Do you do anything games related outside of just playing/collecting? Youtube channel, website, streaming? Anything? :3

(cool!)

And I've had a few pets over the years. At the moment I don't have any, but we utilise the neighbours' cats when we want to play with something! :D How about you?
Chibster
Chibster
Oops, I thought it would have UK listings too! Guess I'll have to try to find another website for yee! I have this feeling SoM PAL is a lot more rarer than the NA version! xD Aah yes, SoE! I have the game too, just need to get the box and manual! :)

Yesh my friend I understand, but I live in Nuuu Yowk! We have reasonably priced and spacey apartments (well except Manhattan and Long Island haha!) My friends and I are planning to get an apartment together when we're a bit older because there's no way our parents are going to let us now, especially since we're only freshmen and sophmore in college! On top of that, it's not like any of us take up space. xD So what is your apartment like?

Eh, I don't really have the time to do all of that streaming/let's playing business, so I just watch other people play sometimes! There's also reddit, which is pretty fun. What about you?

Hahah "utilize" the neighbor's cat. X'D Come on now, he's coming over to you so he can ultilize *you*! x'D And I has a birb and a kitteh! :3 My birb is my gaming buddy birdy and kitteh was adopted last April!
Snoozle
Snoozle
Thanks for liking all my messages btw, never been so popular in my life.

I think quite a few PAL games are rarer than NTSC, lots of them were never localised here, or if they were, they didn't print many copies.

I see, that is pretty good then! I have a 2 bedroom house at the moment. I left all of my stuff behind at my parents' house, so there's nothing there! It is so nice living clutter-free, I can't stand it :/ It's somewhat of a counter to collecting!

That is cool, but you should make some videos or something of your collection, if you are super serious, which you are!

Mhmmm, it's pretty good actually. We don't need to feed it or anything, we just get to play with it when it arrives. Have you got any pictures of your animals?
Chibster
Chibster
Haha I'm just one person, I'm no one special (sorry, that's my modest way of saying you're welcome.) xD

Hmm is that so? First game that fits that criteria is Terranigma. Totally wish that game was released here too. >.<

2 bedroom...house?! Dang that's tiny! I think I see now why you like your space so much. xD

That's what I am hoping for! :D I've always dreamed of having a collection room and I love seeing videos of other peoples' collections! :)
Well that's cute (and you could at least call "it" a he!) x3 And yesh I do! http://i.imgur.com/342ns2L.jpgThis is my birb, I had him since he was only a few weeks old. :'3
Aaand this is my cat! http://i.imgur.com/C9bhIec.jpg
Back
Top Bottom