• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
Boss1708
Local time
9:57 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Moving this here; I wouldn't think the BF was abandoned midway. An NPC says that they are in the process of scouting Trainers, and have already found a suitable Pike Queen.
    Reactions: Boss1708
    Esserise
    Esserise
    Right, although that raises my own point of confusion.

During Zinnia's three-stories-high exposition dump at the Sky Pillar, she says this:

> "A thousand years of peace followed after that disastrous time. But the Draconid people, learning from their long history's cyclical nature, foretold that the meteoroids would fall on this land again. The meteoroid to come, they prophesized, would be far greater than those that had come before it. This meteoroid would be great enough to break the world forever..."

Which makes it sound as though the Draconids took note of how they just happened to keep getting pummeled by meteors every thousand years, and predicted that an even bigger one would come around next time.

However, at the beginning of the Delta Episode, the scientists say that the jumbo meteor of doom *suddenly* changed its direction - which we later learn is because it contained Deoxys, who purposefully aligned itself with Earth for some unknown reason (the scientists say that they are confident that it didn't intend to destroy Earth, however). My theory is that it was drawn to the burst of natural energy from the Cave of Origin, but that's speculation and it's beside the point.

These details seem to conflict somewhat. Zinnia's story makes it sound as though the giant death meteors are a natural recurring cycle that inevitably come around every millennium. But when they say that Deoxys specifically guided its meteor toward Earth, and that it specifically changed the trajectory of the meteor to do so, it sounds as though there would never have been a giant meteor threat if Deoxys didn't exist. As if the meteor would have continued along a harmless path unlike its predecessors, which as far as we know were not piloted by Deoxys.

But how could the Draconids know that 1,000 years in the future, Deoxys would spontaneously decide to steer toward Earth? I'll grant that psychics and mystics do exist in the Pokémon world - in fact, both Olympia and Liza & Tate foreshadow the upcoming villain climax in their respective games - but the way that Zinnia phrases it makes it sound as though the Draconids are basing their prediction on insight gained from past events ("learning from their long history's cyclical nature"), not by glimpsing future ones.
    Boss1708
    Boss1708
    I think this is a tricky one. You made a very good point.

The only logical justification I can possibly see, is that maybe, the¡ Draconids just prophesized it based on psychic powers (the twins and Olympia), andZinnia is just wording it strangely.

I like your idea, by the way: I also think Deoxy was after the Natural Enery of Origin cave.

Also, I find it very strange how that scientist at the Space Center says "but I think Deoxys didn´t want to harm anybody". Ok, maybe, but why is he so sure?
    Boss1708
    Boss1708
    And to add about the Draconids, Zinnia does use the word "prophesized", instead of "predicted". I think "predicted" is more scientific, and "prophesized" is more appropriate for future- seeing. I think this could mean this particular prediction was based on psychics and mystics, at least partially.
    Got your message. Post deleted. My apologies for it. I know ORAS has a lot of content and XY has a bit less. I just don't want people to bad mouth XY. XY were still good games and I like the post game regardless of the amount. Anyway, sorry about my post and enjoy your day!
    Boss1708
    Boss1708
    Ok, thanks man!
    Boss1708
    Boss1708
    Just remember, if you want to show that XY has a good amount of content, don't compare XY with ORAS, because it's unfair to XY.

It's better if you compare XY with BW, RS, GS, etc. When you compare XY with other first games, you can definitely make a point that XY has a good amount of content.

I am not a fan of XY, but I also dislike how many people say it is very content lacking, cause it isn't. So I agree with you.
    Going to have to re-read that sometime, I also saw somewhere in the forums that the ultimate weapon irradiated the meteorites, but when I watched AZ's flashback, I didn't see any meteorites in the scenes in space.
    Boss1708
    Boss1708
    Rayquaza gains the energy necessary to evolve by eating meteors. But it evolves when humans ask it to.

As for the Meteorite destroyed, I think it is unrelated to the Ultimate Weapon.
    Thanks for responding, in regards to the delta episode, I think so. The reason I thought of this is because I saw it was speculated that the there was a connection between the meteorites in ORAS and the ultimate weapon in X/Y. I had a post in mind when it came up in the gen. VI: The Future, but I was worried it would come off the wrong way.
    Skill Link the best pls :p el problema es siempre la precision .w.
    mas o menos xD me sigue molestando el tema de los vms y eso, se me hace muy facil perder los mensajes. Por eso opto por las conversaciones ahora. tu?
    Y por los colores no me molesta mucho, he visitado foros con interfaces peores.

Puedeque me compre el yellow, tu? :eek:
    White Crow
    White Crow
    Conversaciones ahora serian los mps, pues tiene la interfaz de los vms pero son privadas xD ademas puedes incluir a otras personas que es lo divertido.
    Boss1708
    Boss1708
    Me apunto! Lo único que creo recordar que tu PM box estaba lleno xD
    White Crow
    White Crow
    D: CRUELDAD! No me gustaba eliminar los pms porque algunos tenian cosas importanted y eso. Pero probamos :3
    Hey Meta wanna help me with a upcoming post?
    Desdar300
    Desdar300
    If a Pokémon based off a balloon can be a Pokémon I think it's wrong to antagonize C.Zygarde for being more mecha like . The same goes for Pokémon based on celebrities like Sawk, and the Himons. I firmly believe that people love to call out newer mons but for get that older gens have similar designs. We can't really say what is and what isn't Pokémon material .
    Boss1708
    Boss1708
    I really don't mind weaker designs, like Voltorb and Electrode for example. I only dislike over the top designs.
    Desdar300
    Desdar300
    Still, we should give all Pokémon a chance to prove to itself. Who knows that very Mon might end up being your favorite over time
    No no! It's fine! I'm glad you're following me. I'd love to be friends since we both love pokemon! I'm writing a fan fic here if you want to check it out.
    Dare I ask why you're following me? Not that I don't appreciate it. In fact, I do, but I haven't really done anything worth convincing you to follow me.
    Boss1708
    Boss1708
    Hi, yes, I usually follow nice people, with who's comments I usually agree. That's why I followed you! But I can stop following you if you prefer so just let me know!
    Oh :eek: la mayoria de las personas le pones HP fire o tierra, yo lo uso con fire.

Eso es dificil xD pero diria que con Minccino/cinccino :eek: cute eh?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom