Bulbagarden

Esserise
Esserise
The idea that ORAS are supposed to precede Kalos remakes is hard for me to swallow. We are *at least* seven years off from such things. It would be extremely counterintuitive to say that ORAS don't actually have any relation whatsoever to their immediate predecessors, and the only other games in their generation, despite numerous references to elements from those games. Instead, ORAS connect to games that won't even exist for nearly a decade?

I don't think Mega Evolution does have two separate origin stories. Even if the Stones in Hoenn and the Stones in Kalos are unconnected, which I don't believe that they are, that just means that Mega Stones can be formed two different ways. But, personally, I think they most certainly are connected - we just don't know the exact specifics of how. Zinnia tells us that the other world never discovered Mega Evolution, and never had an ultimate weapon. We know, from XY, why this is - the ultimate weapon irradiated the stones that became Mega Stones. The question then is simply, "How did the meteorites that landed in Hoenn become Mega Stones?" And to answer that, I use Deoxys to connect the dots. Deoxys is said to be a space virus that mutated upon contact with a laser beam, and then fell to Earth on a meteor. What if that laser beam was the light from the ultimate weapon? If it passed through a large cluster of said space virus when it was launched, and then the meteorites passed through that and picked up traces of that virus, what if that altered the stones in a manner similar to what happened in Kalos? The Infinity Energy from the weapon is the bioenergy of Pokémon, so it makes sense that these meteorites would, upon picking up the radiation from the traces of virus that were touched by the weapon's light, be able to resonate with living Pokémon, just as other Mega Stones do.

Zinnia is the one to tell us about the multiverse simply because that's a Draconid secret. I'm not sure how that is supposed to indicate that ORAS are separate from XY?
Back
Top Bottom