Bulbagarden

Slife
Slife
No problem! So how's it going?
Tactician Karina
Tactician Karina
Fine, just eagerly waiting for more SM information next month.
Slife
Slife
Yeah it's great that we are getting more confirmed news so soon. What do you think of SM so far? I can see you've already taken a liking to Popplio :p
Tactician Karina
Tactician Karina
Yeah I'm so happy, so far I like it; especially the Alola region. This might be my new favorite gen/region when it comes out. And yeah Popplio is so adorable, I like all three but Popplio is a cute seal, how can I not love it. Which new starter do you like right now?
Slife
Slife
I like the tropical theme, but I was hoping for a tropical place outside the US (Singapore would have cool, but something like Madagascar would have been interesting too). As for the region itself, I hope we get to explore multiple islands. I really don't mind the "too much water" prospect as I liked exploring the waters in Unova and Hoenn (and buying repels weren't a problem since I always had so much money to spare xD). In terms of the starters, I like all three of them tbh, but I'm leaning towards Litten. My final choice will definitely depend on the final evolutions. I feel bad for how much hate Popplio gets :/
Tactician Karina
Tactician Karina
Oh Singapore would have been a cool idea for a new region. I'm pretty sure we'll get to explore different islands since Hawaii has like eight islands. I also don't really mind if we have to use surf a lot, water Pokemon are my second favorite so it's fine with me :)

Yeah I can't wait to see the starters evolutions, and Popplio doesn't deserve the hate; maybe it'll be like Oshawott, since a lot of people hated it so much but liked it after the evolutions were revealed.
Slife
Slife
I hope so! It'd be cool to check out a volcano and maybe even do some sort of special scuba diving or surfing (beyond just the HMs). Oh what's your favorite type then? :eek:

Yeah I kind of expected some people to react that way when I first saw popplio. After 6 generations I'm used to seeing all types of reactions from Pokemon fans and this type of initial distaste always seems to pass. Though I know some people are worried that Popplio's evolution will have a beach ball attached to its nose xD
Tactician Karina
Tactician Karina
Scuba diving would be a really cool feature to have! My favorite type is normal, I find majority of normal types to be very cute so I'm more drawn to them.

Yeah same here, there will always be that one starter people will dislike each gen., then practically move on from it. I won't lie, a beach ball nose would be kind of cute for Popplio's evolution :3
Slife
Slife
Haha I definitely agree with that. Eevee and Teddiursa are two of my favorite Pokemon and they are quite adorable. What's your favorite Normal-type(s)?

Maybe, it depends on how big the nose is :p So we got a nice news bomb today! What do you think of the latest reveal?
Tactician Karina
Tactician Karina
My favorite normal types are Glameow and Purugly, Lillipup line, and Eevee. Though I like any normal type Pokemon :)

Yeah as long as it's not too big of a nose, I won't mind. I have not seen it yet, but I will in a bit; work made me miss the news, but I'll look it up and respond back in a bit.

*Just saw the new trailer, I really like the typings for the legendaries! Psychic/Steel and Psychic/Ghost, now it makes it harder to choose which legendary I like more. And professor Kukui's assistant, Lillie is so cute! Now I just need a trailer to show what that dog like Pokemon looks like in the first trailer.
Slife
Slife
I get the feeling you like pets~ Have you ever considered making a monotype Normal team? With your favorite normal types? I've done that with my favorite types (Fire, Psychic, and Fighting) and it's really fun. I like making theme teams in general xD

I was hoping Solgaleo would be pure Fire but I think I'm still leaning towards it. It's refreshing to see GameFreak throw a curveball once in a while haha. Lillie looks so angry though .w. I'm really curious as to what role she will play in the story. The dog actually reminded me of lillipup a bit. What do you think it will be like?
I'd like to see more of the region myself, as well as some new Pokemon and Mega Evolutions. Hopefully we'll get some more news later this month. E3 is also coming around the corner, and it looks like we'll be getting some gameplay footage there.
Tactician Karina
Tactician Karina
Yes I do love pets, in fact I have two a parakeet and a cat. I should do a monotype team, it does sound like fun. I actually thought Solgaleo would be a pure fire type as well, but it's still cool anyway.

Lillie certainly is mysterious, her portrait on the site does make her look angry yet the trailer shows her looking like she's shy; I wonder if she'll be a rival, but maybe not in the battling sense. As for the dog it does remind me of Lillipup also, I'm hoping it'll be a pure normal type, or even a dual normal type would be fine as well; I wonder if it will look like a shiba inu because the way it's tail and ears look, I just hope they do show what it's design and type will be like in the next reveal/trailer they do.

I've heard theories on Reddit and on other sites that the Johto starters might get mega evolutions, not sure if it would happen but it would be cool if they did. And I also want to see more of Alola, and more descriptions on it and see some areas in the overworld besides the ones in the first trailers. Hopefully E3 will have great footage for Sun/Moon.
Slife
Slife
Pets are great. I have a dog myself and I've also been thinking about getting a cat. I just hope the two would get along. It's indeed fun because you get to try out Pokemon in different ways for a monotype team than how you'd normally use them . It'll be interesting to see if Solgaleo's ability will be exactly like Clear Body or if it's something more, and how it's stats will be to differentiate it from Metagross.

I've heard some interesting theories about her. That she's part of the evil team, a queen in disguise, a secret/double agent, from Kalos, the champion, or even something to do with the legendaries. Though it is interesting that she doesn't like to battle, so I wonder how that'd play out. Welp the dog was just leaked, and turns out it's a Rock-type! What do you think of it?

Some people even speculate that Gen VII won't have mega evolutions at all, or that it will be replaced by some new mechanic. Personally I doubt it but you never know with GameFreak. I'm sure all the starters will get megas eventually. Hoping Mega Flygon finally gets its long awaited Mega this gen. E3 is just around the corner so we'll find out soon what we're going to get. I'm more anxious to see gameplay footage rather than trailers, but I'd be fine with both.
Tactician Karina
Tactician Karina
I've had a dog before, she was very friendly towards my cat and they were practically inseparable. Recently I just restarted Y version, so I think I'll start my monotype team and see how well I'll do.

I've heard those theories before, I'm actually kind of hoping the double agent theory is true, it would be pretty cool. So far I love Iwanko! Too bad he isn't a normal type, but I'll still use him on my team, he's too adorable to not use.

I've heard some people speculate that mega evolutions will be replaced by burst and something else, apparently what they were talking about seems to be manga related, I don't really read the Pokemon manga so I had no idea what they were talking about. I'm sure mega evolution will stay, but you're right, we won't know with GameFreak. I personally would love to see the second gen starters get megas, same with the others for that matter. I'll be fine with whatever they present us at E3, I'm way too excited for it anyway.
Slife
Slife
Aw that's cute! Oh cool, how was your playthrough?

I'm curious to find out what she's hiding in her bag. I like Rockruff too (though I think they could have come up with a better name). It reminds me of my own dog. What do you think of Yungoos and Drampa (since they are normal types)? I like the design and concept of both a lot, though I seem to be in the minority there ehe.

Yeah I heard about that too. There's even a fake leak going around about a screenshot of the burst mode activation on the battle screen. Now that you mention megas for second gen starter, I think if they made Typhlosion's mega more volcano-esque it would be pretty fitting for the Hawaii theme. I think Gen V is overdue for some megas as well. I was actually surprised with how much they revealed during E3, and soon after. I hope this is an indication that there will be plenty of new Pokemon this gen.
Back
Top Bottom