• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
Robo-Floatzel
Local time
5:43 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I find it odd you say Misty and Iris are your favorite female companions when you used to like May, and you were complaining how much you didn't like Iris awhile ago
    Did you acknowledged the Pokemon Generation?
    Robo-Floatzel
    Robo-Floatzel
    Not surprised, I mean, it's not that I hate "school" anime (since there are a lot of great fantasy school anime, like Soul Eater, My Hero Academia, and RWBY just to name a few), but it's just not the kind of thing I expect from Pokemon of all franchises. I mean, I thought Pokemon was all about adventure and going to different places, when this just seems like the opposite

Also don't like Ash's design in the new anime, he looks even more childish than ever.
    CrystaI
    CrystaI
    Rather become more childish, I will say he became more idiotic. He is always a 10-year-old child, no doubt for that. Rather it is the atmosphere of very first SM image in CoroCoro, it seems like it kind of suggesting SM saga goes into the direction becoming a slapstick comedy than previously being adventure-centered comedic fantasy.

For me, I'm just interested to see the reactions of fans once it start airing.
    Robo-Floatzel
    Robo-Floatzel
    Yeah, given the way Ash and Pikachu are drawn and the way they are acting, it just feels like the anime has jumped the Sharpedo for the last time, but I think they're trying to do this as a desperate attempt to compete with Yo-Kai Watch.

Yeah, I think the anime is doomed and that this is a really stupid decision, but there's actually something I've noticed about each generation.
    Also, mind may I ask your personal opinion on Alain? And also the upcoming episodes of Alain VS Ash in the Kalos League.
    Reactions: Robo-Floatzel
    CrystaI
    CrystaI
    Not that I think the league was getting worse, because battle was surely good (Mainly thanks to the animation quality). However, the setup was surely bad, because Kalos League only has total 64 competitors, and the anime just skimmed through the Top 64-Top 8 matches, in 2 episodes time we already in Top 4 where Ash is battling Sawyer. Not just cutting corners to the extreme, but felt uneventful and unimportant. Especially when immediate afterward it is the TF arc with Alain the final match opponent is also involved, it just felt like that the Kalos League is just a subplot to setup the basis for more important plot later.
    CrystaI
    CrystaI
    It just gets me to think, when Pokemon League is no more treated as one important life-time big event for Ash Ketchum, what is the point of watching him travel for so long, only to know that the "destination" is something not so important after all?
    The anime staffs need to watch other anime having big evenful tournaments such as many sport animes like Haikyuu, Dia no Ace, Kuroko no Basket, Prince of Tennis, or even something remote like Gundam Build Fighters for reference.
    Robo-Floatzel
    Robo-Floatzel
    This is my other big problem with Ash asides from how much of a Mary Sue he is, because he doesn't develop at all, he's so... stagnant, so un-moving, there's no point to have a series with an overarching story if you're barely going to develop the main character and just have him be at the same spot for 18 years.
    I think it will be better to type this instead of my blog I recently posted.

By definition, XY Ash had already entered Canon Sue zone since the beginning of the saga. As I'ma fanfic writer that wrote&read fanfic for many years thus just feel painful that canon work turns out worse than many averagely qualitative fanfic out there (of course, there exist very poor quality ones as well).
    Robo-Floatzel
    Robo-Floatzel
    Unsurprisingly most of it is Japan only, though my problem is that the anime is basically supposed to bring in new fans, and because it's so bland anymore, potential new fans of the franchise are driven away. Heck, if you look around, most of the people who like Pokemon seem to be full grown adults or teens who grew up with the franchise, and most of the newer fans are introduced to the franchise through older fans.
    CrystaI
    CrystaI
    Do you know is there any kind of statistics about the number of nowadays children introduced to Pokemon without being recommended by their parents, and what is the Pokemon media they are most interested in? Because the people around me (mostly are adults) talks about Pokemon were mostly about the games, very seldomly about the anime nor TCG nor of course the manga. So it is just kind of interesting to know.
    Robo-Floatzel
    Robo-Floatzel
    Well it mostly seems to be 90's kids (or as we Pokemon fans call them, "Genwunners") and pop culture that didn't grow up with the franchise that seem to see the anime as still being the first season of the anime and nothing more. I didn't grow up with Gen 1 during it's original release so... yeah.
    Ash's blatant plot armor bothers you?
    Robo-Floatzel
    Robo-Floatzel
    I never said I wanted the TRio to be more important, I just think they're under-utilized anymore, that's all. I think that if you're going to have a show with multiple different main and major characters (villains included), they should all have equal importance, unlike nowadays where Ash and whoever his female companion is get all the attention and Ash's male companion is just there for comic relief most of the time (Cilan and Clemont are bad at this).
    CrystaI
    CrystaI
    Unfortunately, in this anime, there exists only two MAIN characters: the hero and heroine, aka Ash Ketchum and the PokeGirl. The companions are not main characters, but supporting characters aka the position like 3rd wheel. Villains are not antagonist in the role-play sense of providing long-term adversary to the main characters, but just like a CotD position that is just there to provide one-shot tension. If you are not hero or heroine, you are doomed to get the short end of stick.
    It takes me several years to realize the character role format in this show are not the same as any other show.
    Robo-Floatzel
    Robo-Floatzel
    It wasn't originally like that. A long time ago the anime used to have a number of interesting and unique characters, many who got their own episodes. Today we have characters who are one-dimensional and uninteresting and basically have no point to existing.I like it better when supporting characters are just as interesting as primary characters.

There are times when I just wish they rebooted the anime, because it just feels like the writers don't even care anymore.
    Oh yeah I know they Evolve early but I replace them with something. What are some of your other Favorites?
    Robo-Floatzel
    Robo-Floatzel
    I don't like replacing Buizel/Floatzel because they're among my absolute favorites, the other being Mienfoo/Mienshao
    Yes agreed there. I'll be honest, I STILL have NOT used Floatzel for an Entire Game Mode, Like I've used Buizel for a while and I LOVE Buizel. I just guess I find a Pokemon that's better than Buizel and just NEVER get to Floatzel
    Robo-Floatzel
    Robo-Floatzel
    It evolves at level 26, so it's like very easy to get, compared to my other favorite Pokemon which evolves only once at level 50.
    Exasperated Eyes, IKR?! He is FAR FROM BAD IMO. He's SOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Robo-Floatzel
    Robo-Floatzel
    I know, and I would totally use him all throughout the game. Even if Floatzel is obtainable, I'd not use it and use Popplio instead because I feel Popplio deserves respect.
    Yeah, basically in the same thinking as yours, due to the monster designs. You actually explained the reason better than I do. I think many of the original Digimon on Pixiv even do a better job than these Applimon. I don't think they are Digimon, so I'll call them Applimon to separate them from Digimon.
    Robo-Floatzel
    Robo-Floatzel
    Yeah, same here, and even though my interest in Digimon has waned over the past few years due to a lack of exposure, the Digimon in the older series felt more "alive" than the ones here do. I mean, I look at these things... they're not Digimon, they're part of some other monster-collecting franchise only made to compete with the Yo-Kai Watch franchise, but they are not Digimon... at least to me they aren't.
    CrystaI
    CrystaI
    If those Applimons can be called Digimon, than any inorganic-looking manmade-object-like monster can be labeled as Digimon.
    But Digimon were not originally designed to be inorganic-looking nor manmade-object-like, IMO they were designed to be organic-looking creature which monsterized data file as fantasy creatures living in some fantasy world.
    I don't think the new official Digimon designer understand the design concept of the old Digimon.
    Robo-Floatzel
    Robo-Floatzel
    Yeah, I don't think the people in charge of the Digimon franchise get what made the older entries in the franchise so great. I do feel the franchise has seen better days, but I think it's the poor handling of the franchise from Bandai that's what's to blame, since the franchise just won't seem to stick around after Frontier, it just seems to be on-and-off all the time.
    Hehe its no problem. I think the staff is trying to fix it.
    Robo-Floatzel
    Robo-Floatzel
    I hope they do, cause it does seem to be a problem, and I see that others might be having the problem as well.
    Lillie
    Lillie
    refreshing the page after you make a comment seems to help; it works for me at least.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom