• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden

FANG-TAN
FANG-TAN
No, you weren't. :p I hope, in respect to it being for the 20th anniversary of the anime series, that they pay some respects and expand on his character using some of Shudou's details of him from the first novel. The expansion on his mother's characterization, childhood loneliness/bullying and dealing with the pressure of having two relatives as failures makes him an indefinitely more interesting protagonist compared to the cardboard cutout we currently have.

I'm actually hoping this movie turns out to be the first in a trilogy. The current anime can continue being what it wants, but it'll be a treat to have a separate incarnation of it exist separately utilizing all the potential it originally had.
FANG-TAN
FANG-TAN
In addition, hopefully it'll also turn out to be something that I can easily headcanon/reconcile the Anime Mewtwo Saga events in since I have doubts that even a trilogy would include those bits (though you never know, but I think they don't need to be revisited because they're fine as is).
Silktree
Silktree
I think that Mew is likely to be used in 2018, if only due to its exclusive Z-move that is currenty unobtainable. Plus, it only played second fiddle to Mewtwo in the first movie, and the Lucario movie hardly fixed that.

The main question I have is if they will wrap up the badge quest in two movies or three. I think that two is possible because the focus shouldn't be on the gyms (save for Brock and Giovanni much like Origins), and I really want to see what happens after he wins the Indigo League.
Back
Top Bottom