Bulbagarden

Time Breaker
Time Breaker
Eh, the "far" part was more sarcastic than anything, but I lean towards Froakie's design. I guess it just appeals to me more for some reason.
Max1996
Max1996
Well, Greninja's design appeals to me more, but let's leave it at that, ok?
Time Breaker
Time Breaker
I agreed to that a long time ago. :p I always like variety in people's interests, such as how there aren't many Greninja fans here, at least in F&G.
Max1996
Max1996
I guess the uniqueness of the design appealed to me.
Time Breaker
Time Breaker
Can't disagree with that! Of course, I'm more obliged to like him or play as him in Smash Bros. since he's a ninja and all. It helps to ease the overhyping of Ash-Greninja that I heard about during the Kalos League.
Max1996
Max1996
Well, I feel like the "overhype", as you put it, is at least partially due to Ash-Greninja helping Ash get further in a League than ever before. Ash still lost in the end, though...
Time Breaker
Time Breaker
That's true. Regardless, the idea is the same as Perfect Synchro from the Mega Man Battle Network manga (maybe the games too, not sure). They link together to boost their strength, but they both take damage from attacks, etc, etc.
Max1996
Max1996
As far as I can remember, the shared damage was only ever in the MMBN manga. In the games, it was never specified if that was a possible side effect. By the way, why do you prefer Froakie's design? Just out of curiosity.
Max1996
Max1996
Plus, Ash and Ash-Greninja were also shown to share the same sight at times, something that was never in the MMBN manga.
Time Breaker
Time Breaker
For some reason, Froakie was the first one to jump out at me. I like the whole line, though (Ash-Greninja included).

Even so, it's likely based heavily on it. Not that it's a problem, mind you, because my Dragon Ball fanfic is eventually going to have a LOT of Naruto concepts and such in it.
Max1996
Max1996
Just to ask, but what's your opinion about Ash-Greninja itself?
Time Breaker
Time Breaker
The concept is good, though I can't speak for the execution as I haven't seen any of XYZ. I like the design on Greninja's part as well. My main gripe is just how focused the anime seemed to be on it (from what I heard) compared to everything else, i.e. Ash's other Pokémon.

But yeah, overall, it's all right.
Max1996
Max1996
Yeah, several episodes were focused on it. Overall, I really love the idea of a Pokemon's friendship with its Trainer reaching that kind of heights.
Time Breaker
Time Breaker
Friendship is magic, right?

Oh, and on an unrelated note, I wish Roll did more in the Megaman NT Warrior manga.
Max1996
Max1996
Now that you mention it...I don't remember her helping MegaMan much in that manga...Then again, she and Mayl were never part of the NetPolice, unlike Lan and MegaMan.
Time Breaker
Time Breaker
Yeah, Roll just kinda cheered MegaMan on in the background while Mayl/Maylu/whatever just yelled at Lan most of the time. XD Well, so far, anyway. I'm only 5 volumes in, but I'm not expecting much from the characters not named Lan, MegaMan, Chaud, or ProtoMan.
Max1996
Max1996
I prefer to stick with Mayl, as in the games. Maylu was only in the dubbed anime, because her Japanese name, Meiru, had two syllables. I will warn you, though: From what little I can remember of that manga, things do take a bit of a darker turn later on in it.
Time Breaker
Time Breaker
Ooh, I'll be anticipating that! Bass and Grave/GRAVE have been the darkest it's been thus far, which wasn't much compared to other things I've read/watched.

Out of random curiousity, are there any particular reasons you haven't read or watched some of the bigger anime like Dragon Ball, Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, etc?
Max1996
Max1996
Well, I've never had much of an interest in them for...reasons, I guess...
Time Breaker
Time Breaker
Naruto would be my highest recommendation for its storytelling, writing, worldbuilding, etc. And totally not because of bias.
Back
Top Bottom