Bulbagarden

Desdar300
Desdar300
The kids are in the 4th-5th grade and to be frank no.
YW3 only sold 1m ( third version included)
Whereas SM sold 3m and is still selling very well.
Based o what my kids ( as well as my peers students have told me) SM basically revived their interest in Pokémon
Desdar300
Desdar300
Also I live in Tokyo and for what its worth my kids to discuss what happened on the latest Pokémon SM episode from time to time
Silktree
Silktree
So why don't you like the kids? :)

Yokai Watch sold around 2 million between the three versions, to be fair. But SM have sold close to 4 million and have better legs.

What else are Japanese kids into? And what about adults?
Desdar300
Desdar300
I love my kids lol. They even call me D-chan! Well from what I've observed alot of kids like anime/cartoons and typically play alot of video games while the Adults are typically into dramas or Pokemon Go
Silktree
Silktree
That's funny. I thought that the "to be honest no" was in reference to my first question.

So what kind of anime and games are your kids into other than Pokemon? Do you have friends around your age?
Desdar300
Desdar300
Well they love Cased Closed and Appaman while others like Appmon ( It's the new craze). As for games a lot of the boys like Monster Hunter whereas the girls like Animal crossing with Pokémon being the only thing they share in common
Desdar300
Desdar300
My friends include Miki ( 22), Brian (24) Mr. Nakamura ( 38) and my pal Willie (22). I have other friends but those are the main ones I hang out with
Silktree
Silktree
Appmon is the new craze? The game sales suck and it certainly isn't among the Top 10 shows ratings-wise.

Is Nakamura a teacher? Why not call him by his first name?

What's Appaman? I see nothing on Google.
Desdar300
Desdar300
Whoops I mean Anpanman XD.
As for Appmon, that could've fooled me since they usually mention it time and again. Nakamura is my senpai and has been working at the school far longer than I have so I usually call him Mr. out of respect. His real name is Minoru though.
Silktree
Silktree
What's new with Anpanman? Isn't it dead?
Desdar300
Desdar300
I suppose it's still well liked despite that like how Western kids still love the Looney Tunes.
Silktree
Silktree
Just so you know, I moved to the US last August (from Israel). I live in Ann Arbor now, where I work on my math PhD at the University of Michigan. I also teach Calculus to freshmen.
Desdar300
Desdar300
That's pretty neat! I guess we have something in common!
Desdar300
Desdar300
Nice to see you back Silk. How goes everything?
Silktree
Silktree
Thanks. I'm pretty satisfied these days, especially thanks to my fanfic: https://forums.bulbagarden.net/index.php?threads/reverberations-of-time.243194/

The two replies in that thread are hardly very supportive, but I also have followers on SPPf (4) and on Pokecommunity (2), in addition to Esserise, a Skype friend and my own brother. So it's nice to feel that my work is already worthwhile for a decent number of people.

I was never thrilled about USUM and that hasn't changed. All I want to know is what this alleged Giovanni business is about. I speculated that Lusamine and Giovanni might work together... as redeemed allies in sequels. But now there's a chance that he is going to kidnap her? If they really want to derail his character that much, they should have Lusamine hunt him down in Kanto as revenge. Or will they wrap up the storyline in a post-game episode with random villains from other universes? :-/
Silktree
Silktree
Desdar300
Desdar300
I believe your Kanto idea could still work honestly. Especially since they're introducing actual new Pokemon mid gen now
Silktree
Silktree
It could definitely still work, but I'm just wondering if USUM are trying to wrap up the Lillie-Lusamine story with yet another Giovanni defeat on top, instead of setting up a continuation.

Not that a return to Kanto requires any of these characters, but they planted the seeds in SM...

Have you read the chapters already?
Desdar300
Desdar300
Yeah I did and they were great! Tbh, USUM is an alternate telling that can be discarded if they wish, so it's not impossible
Back
Top Bottom