• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
Four/Tris
Local time
5:25 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Nah, just a Theater Chain that’s just Playing this stuff. Bow Tie Cinemas.
    Four/Tris
    Four/Tris
    Okay, that's cool. I wanted to ask because I was at an Angelika Theater a few weeks ago that I believe was playing similar stuff to what you were saying. Was at the Anglika theater to watch a screening of the Aqours 2nd Love Live! Happy Party Train Tour.
    Darth Darkrai
    Darth Darkrai
    Huh, that's Interesting. Sounds Fun when it happened.
    Four/Tris
    Four/Tris
    It was pretty fun. I even went cosplaying as one of the characters.
    Four/Tris
    Four/Tris
    That's nice. So there's a theater that plays anime movies nearby where you live?
    Darth Darkrai
    Darth Darkrai
    It’s just a Theater that’s just Playing these Special Movies I guess. Since this Place is just a Theater that has Wide Releases on Side of the Theater, and then the Other is Dedcated to Indie Fair.
    Four/Tris
    Four/Tris
    I see. There's an Angelika movie theater nearby in Washington D.C. where I go to school. Angelika Film Center is a movie theater chain in the US that plays those kinds of special movies, the foreign films and indie films. So I was wondering if it was one of the Angelika theaters.
    Rolls Eyes, Ok fine, let's try to pronounce some of the Japanese Names cause I can't, XD
    Four/Tris
    Four/Tris
    Good luck trying to get little kids who speak English and may not even be old enough to speak their own language that well to remember how pronounce long Japanese names. Dub name changes aren't always a bad thing when you have something like Pokemon.
    Oh yeah agreed!! It would have Fans MAD
    Four/Tris
    Four/Tris
    People seem to hate dub name changes even in things like Pokemon where it's aimed towards children and therefore makes more sense to change the names, so yeah.
    Yeah that is probably more than likely true
    Four/Tris
    Four/Tris
    Dragon Ball, while enjoyed by a lot of children, is targeted towards a slightly older crowd, so they don't really change the names in the dub for that one. Plus, changing the names in something like Dragon Ball probably takes away the meaning behind the names of the characters.
    Yup guess U have as of late. I mean... Pokemon, YuGiOh, Yokai Watch, and Dragon Ball are the ONLY Anime I watch!~
    Four/Tris
    Four/Tris
    Since Pokemon, YuGiOh, and Yokai Watch are aimed more towards children, the English dubs usually change their names from Japanese to more Western-sounding ones. That might be a reason why you aren't used to hearing something like "Umi Sonoda".
    Been doing fine. Weird name
    Four/Tris
    Four/Tris
    That's good. Oh, well I guess I'm used to names like this because I've been watching a lot of anime, haha.
    Yeah, was on my Page, then I notice the Avatar and I realized it was U and had to Comment like that xD
    Four/Tris
    Four/Tris
    Hey, I guess I just stand out.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom