Bulbagarden

FinalArcadia
FinalArcadia
Oh man, so you don't have anything to play on it until FFXV? At least you've got a PS4 now though, and H:ZD will always be there if you want it haha.

There are some F2P things you could try out in the meantime (and those don't require PS+ for online multiplayer), though the only one I have extensive experience with is Gundam Battle Operation Next, and that requires a Japanese account so it's probably not worth the effort and plus it would be super grindy for a new player lol.

Though this gives you time to setup your PS4 and everything, and hopefully FFXV comes soon!!

My PSN is CloudRikuMello but don't feel pressured to send me a request; I gotcha if you don't want anyone snooping on your friendlist lol.
HumanDawn
HumanDawn
Yeah, I gotta wait for it, hopefully it comes soon! Should be coming in a few days. I got a 15 euro voucher I could use to buy a game cheap from a store. I'm not too bummed about HZD, honestly I wasn't looking forward to it that much. I checked the free stuff! I don't think there was anything interesting but I'll download something later.

I used my old account from when I had a PS3 at our old house. I forgot my password, the security birth date was wrong (was underage so i lied) but I got the security question of where I wanted to visit (America) right!

Once I have the time I will go over your suggestion! Who is Mello? I have a feeling that's a FF Tactics character...
FinalArcadia
FinalArcadia
Cool, hopefully you'll find it worth the wait! Ahh, at least you weren't super into getting HZD, that'd be really disappointing otherwise. I'm sure it'll get price drops as time goes on anyway. Speaking of checking PS Store!! They often do flash sales on there and sometimes the deals are actually really good for good games. Just a heads-up in case you've ever got some PS credit and want some deals! I got Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition that way for like $4 once. (still need to get around to playing that... I remember you said it was good)

Oh, that works!! (omg I know that feel, I had to deal with my fake birthday on there too back when I forgot my password a while back lmao; turned out I just had to find out when Dissidia 012 Prologus came out and calculate how far from 18 I was then)

Great, thanks!! My username is from, like, 6-7 years ago so I wish I could change it lol....... Mello was actually for the Death Note character though! It's kind of a mess of a name since it combines Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, and Death Note characters in one lmao
HumanDawn
HumanDawn
I checked the PSN Easter sale and there were Visual Novels being sold for six euros...

WOW, you remember me mentioning playing the game from FOUR years ago?? I really liked it for the adventure game it was. Being in an island wasn't as exciting as visiting other places around the world but the gameplay was there. I forgot the plot but it had cool and exciting areas.

I completely forgot about Death Note's characters, and funny enough I watched it around the same time as I played Tomb Raider by a few months.
FinalArcadia
FinalArcadia
Yeah, you never know what games they'll have on sale since it varies wildly. Not sure why visual novels got associated with Easter lol.

Yep, I remember thinking that the way you described it then sounding interesting, though I'd never remembered to pick it up until I happened to see it in a flash sale not long after I get the PS4 and I had a few dollars left over in my PSN wallet. If the gameplay is good, that's enough for me even if its just an island rather than a world tour!

Speaking of, did you ever play the sequel game, Rise of the Tomb Raider? That's on PS4, if you have any interest in it.

(time works in mysterious ways lol)
HumanDawn
HumanDawn
Gosh I don't even remember that much about the game other than the beginning, and a bit of the middle.

Nope, and honestly it was ages since the first came out that in that time I played a lot more JRPGs to the point they're the only kind of games I end up being interested in over... everything else. If I showed you a picture of the cabinet closed with glass of games I have in my room it's all JRPGs in the front. At least I'm getting Ratchet and Clank and maybe even Crash Bandicoot Trilogy, but those are more because of nostalgia. Last game I beat was Skyward Sword and am going through Other M now. Just reached Ridley and saw the controversial Samus scene over her getting a flashback that Western fans wet their pants over. Japanese manga of the game apparently explained why. Gameplay reminds me of Metroid Fusion, which is my favourite Metroid out of... it and the first one. Maybe it's the ending or something that's controversial.

(time can lead to so many things...)
FinalArcadia
FinalArcadia
That's not a problem though since JRPGs are the pinnacle of gaming so that's just good taste lol. How did Skyward Sword compare for you to other Zelda games?

Ahh yes, Other M... to this day I'd say there's like a 65% chance of people complaining about it anytime Metroid gets brought up lmao. I've never played it, but a lot of the complaints I see are about the way Samus is characterized there. Though it's a prequel, right? Kinda makes sense if that's the case on why she'd act different, though I'm no Metroid expert by any means. That's good that you're enjoying it though! I didn't know you were a Metroid fan actually! (you might like Castlevania then, at least from Symphony of the Night and on since they have similar gameplay conventions, hence the "Metroidvania" nickname for them)

(lately though time feels to just move super fast... like, do you think so too? the world feels so hectic... maybe that's just what happens getting older ;_;
HumanDawn
HumanDawn
true

Skyward Sword was the opposite of Twilight Princess. TP's pacing was below averagevand SS's pacing was too slow at points, reusing many visited areas.

I only played two other games, but liked what I played thanks to the Ambassador Program. Not a big fan but it is cool. Castlevania never interested me, or more like, it has never been a priority?

(it has been almost 3 months since i started my diet and training and i feel so much thinner with 10 less kilos... time really flies but i learned just how hard life truly is)

I went to buy Horizon Zero Dawn anyway! Played 4 hours of it and woooow it is so pretty! And the writing and all the voice work is like it's from some movie or high budget TV series!
FinalArcadia
FinalArcadia
Yeah, I know what you mean about Skyward Sword's pacing. It seemed more "hand-hold-y" and I wonder if that's why it feels slower. Though some parts of Twilight Princess kinda dragged too, at least the Wolf Link parts imo. And then on the opposite side you've got your A Link to the Past and ALBW that don't have much tutorial and you just go lol.

Nice, the Ambassador Program really had a good selection; I wonder how many new fans of old games Nintendo got thanks to that?

Castlevania is pretty much dead now so ;_; Even if a new game came out, the director who made the best ones (IMO) wouldn't be there. The series isn't really story-heavy by any means so I get why it wouldn't be too appealing if you have no nostalgia for it. But if you like exploring a big castle, collecting powerups to open up new areas and backtrack like in Metroid, and fighting cool monsters it's definitely good. And the Michiru Yamane soundtracks <3 ... Though Both I and Space tried getting Feenie to play it and she just didn't enjoy it lol....

(wow, congrats!! that's really impressive progress for 3 months!)

A nice way to show-off the graphics of the PS4 haha. It's amazing how nice games look now, and how video games in general seem to take the medium seriously for storytelling. Hopefully it keeps up the high standards all the way through!

Btw, who is your avatar? The artstyle reminded me of #Tokyo Mirage Sessions, but I'm guessing that's not the case?
HumanDawn
HumanDawn
I honestly don't think it really held my hand? It just kept on introducing new minigames/adventures and reused older ones too much for the sake of consistency.

I heard Castlevania is too hard... It's just not a priority anyway.

The character models feel too static when they speak most of the time... but if you don't pay attention to it, it's good!

Yes! It's Yashiro Tsurugi. If you check the link in my signature it will show a spoilery video of his full character song with scenes of him in various parts of the game. He's in my top 2 characters from the game. I can't pick between him and Tsubasa... their arcs and character development is just too good.
FinalArcadia
FinalArcadia
It was like Navi in OoT always being like "you should go see Saria" when I'm like, "NO I'M DOING OTHER THINGS, LEAVE ME ALONE," except with Fi. Though its been a while, I might have exaggerated things in my memory. Midna did similar, but Midna amused me so I give her a pass lol.

The old games pre-Metroidvania are very tough since they involving platforming to an extent while the protags jump like on millimeter off the ground and its awful lmao (also no good saving system)

That seems to be the thing a lot of games still struggle with... FFXV has that issue too with minor NPCs when they give you sidequests. I guess mo-cap would be too much work/expensive for everything. But yeah, that's a pretty minor issue and easy to overlook if the rest is pretty immersive!

Oh wow, it really was!! I barely see anything about that game after it released... Was it good from a Fire Emblem-fan perspective? The mirages or whatever they were called looked neat at least, especially the Chrom one. I'll give the video a look; the JPOP seemed catchy in some of the trailers!
HumanDawn
HumanDawn
OHHHH Fi... honestly the battery notifications were the most annoying. The advice wasn't annoying and while Fi is an almost emotionless AI the character reactions to her were entertaining.

From a Fire Emblem perspective I think Chapter 6 is the most interesting. Fighting Mirages of Shadow Dragon characters in SMT style combat is cool and the character choices aren't bad. The writing is pretty good in all departments and balance so I can't say it bored me. Gameplay wise if you know Fire Emblem it's pretty familiar in following its logic. What did you think of the video?
HumanDawn
HumanDawn
wtf i thought i replied already or something...

Fi didnt annoy me she was just an AI robot who had characters with fun reactions to her.

It's good... for people who love Shadow Dragon and want to fight Marth's army SMT style. Oh, and Tharja being an incredibly useful character. The story was good, all sub stories were fun and the gameplay didn't feel stale with how much new stuff was being introduced. I don't regret the purchase and every complaint I see about the game is mostly about the entertainment theme, which... honestly explains a lot about why the setting is in Tokyo, which is more than I can say for anime like Sailor Moon where EVERYTHING bad happens in Tokyo.
FinalArcadia
FinalArcadia
Nintendo likes its annoying notifications like the battery one lol. Those and the "you've been playing a while, please take a break!" ones in the Mario & Sonic Olympic games (though that might've been SEGA's doing there, idk). True, and Fi does have her cool ice-skating influenced fighting style in Hyrule Warriors going for her at least too.

Huh, it seemed much more SMT-oriented than Fire Emblem, but what you're saying sounds like it was actually more of an even mix between the two franchises? The AMV was cool, the song itself was nice and whoever the voice actor was had a very nice voice (and sounded very familiar... now I have to go check lol). That artstyle looks really nice in singing portions, probably the closest to anime-in-3D I've seen without being weird-looking, and the other parts held up pretty well too. What was with the cute chef outfit toward the end though lol?
HumanDawn
HumanDawn
It's SMT but with an entertainment themed story rather than a post apocalyptic one + FE flair. I can get why it would be controversial but ehh it's overblown.

LOL, yeah, Yashiro's VA is... Orga's VA! That was just Yashiro on weed given to him by Mamori. He got high and showed his true self... Actually, well, it is an act on how good tge food is.

FFXV ARRIVED TODAY... I'm already close to 50% on HZD according to the completion status. I didn't expect to do so much exploring in 24 hours... I think I only have a few optional areas and activities left. Barely touched main story. Sorry for the late reply btw!
Back
Top Bottom