Bulbagarden

Silktree
Silktree
I am worried about what kind of announcement we're going to get. The E3 digital event will be about Switch games only, so if we're dealing with sequels (which are unlikely to be Switch-exclusive), I would think they would announce them in ORAS style before E3. But hey, we still have three weeks left.

If Stars does get announced, I'll be pretty pissed despite it being a long time coming (6 months since the "leak"). It would just be too underwhelming... If a game needs a Switch port, let it be a new game! Not last year's games with Necrozma on the boxart.
Silktree
Silktree
https://youtu.be/WK1erysGpDw?t=3229

I think I may have subconsciously borrowed the water/purity theme from this scene.

Mewtwo's antivirus form awakening in a spring would be very cool. Imagine the player carrying Mewtwo the same way as Ash did.
Esserise
Esserise
No, not mad at all. That was all just a proper discussion. :) Only reason I haven't been around is that I've once again grown dreadfully weary of the dire cyclicality of the Stars thread. It's a bit hard to endure constant repetitious postings of ennumerated lists that merely describe all of the possible outcomes that we all already recognize.

And I'm in the same boat as you. A mounting sense of concern based on a few things, especially since we're getting down to the wire, but then there are other details that don't quite match up with Stars, like the projected 3DS sales and, potentially, the redesigned Gym Leaders in M20 (might we get more news on that in the next Corocoro? I know it's supposed to detail Marshadow some more, at least, although I did find it ever so slightly troubling that that's all it seemed - according to Serebii, that is - to hype up for next month).

Mewtwo having connection to water really does have an odd appropriateness to it, I think. In my head, it clicks just right. It's not immediately obvious or conventional, but... it does work.
Silktree
Silktree
We're more likely to get new movie information via the next trailer than CoroCoro.

Either they're waiting for a game announcement, or the gym leaders are just the same as before and will barely get any focus. :-/

I'm pretty sure that Marshadow won't get a new form seeing as they haven't revealed its Z-move yet. It is already overpowered, so...

By the way, I would be fine with Mewtwo not getting a standard form so much as a Z-move with a temporary ability and typing change. Yeah, it sounds like Mega Evolution, but without the broken stats and with a broken move instead. There could be a slight design change ala Marshadow.

I think the move should be a dual Psychic/Water one. Emotional Wave or some variant.
Esserise
Esserise
> We're more likely to get new movie information via the next trailer than CoroCoro.

Oh, to be clear I'm not relying on Corocoro. I just figured that, if something's coming, either in terms of the movie or a new game, it would almost surely be before the next Corocoro comes out, so logically CC would find space to feature that news as well? But all they're promising for the next issue is (probably just) Marshadow's Z-Move... but on the other hand, it wouldn't be the first time that a big announcement was made but didn't manifest later in CC, would it? I sort of remember that happening once, but can't recall the specifics.

> Mewtwo Z-Move

I suppose that makes more sense, given that we're in Gen 7 (I saw you make the Primal Reversion comparison elsewhere, about how PR had slightly different mechanics from Mega Evolution). On the other hand, wouldn't it require a Z-Crystal? Normally I'd say "that doesn't matter, just look at how they handled its Mega Stones," but these would be more story-driven games with Mewtwo as a more central character, so I'd hope they'd put in a bit more effort than that, so it's a question as to where the Mewtwonium Z would come from. Or, I guess it could be like the opposite of Rayquaza, and let Mewtwo use a Z-Move without a Z-Crystal.

A dual-type move would be good. I really thought they'd do more with that idea after Flying Press.
Silktree
Silktree
CoroCoro doesn't usually tell us what to expect... They could easily have something bigger than that lame Z-move, lol.

The dual-type move not necessitating an item could certainly work! Good idea. Unlike Rayquaza, this wouldn't be obnoxiously broken.
Silktree
Silktree
Back
Top Bottom