• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
FinalArcadia
Local time
11:10 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• I'll respond to the full conversation of course when I can get 20 free minutes but until then...

Happy birthday! From one sinister gemini to another I wish you the happiest (or evilist) of birthdays! I do seriously hope it is a great day cause you deserve it.
    Reactions: FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    Thank you so much!! I will diabolically enjoy some Hyrule Warriors (and cake) for this most evil of days!

And don't feel too pressured to respond to the previous message; I get what it's like to be busy so anytime is totally fine with me. But again, thank you, I really appreciate the well wishes!!
    Reactions: Ebail
    *reads your profile*

*sees you like Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Star Fox, Kingdom Hearts and Yu-Gi-Oh!*

*smashes the follow button*
    Greninjaman
    Greninjaman
    Hey, I like Final Fantasy myself, though I don't play it as much. Perhaps I could do fanfics based on each game (that I have played anyway).

By the way, I have noticed you around and wondering, what game/anime are you avatar and signature from?

*Follows*
    Incinerawr
    Incinerawr
    Zero was just put on a bad console. The Switch has been remaking all the most popular Wii U games for maximum exposure, so who knows. Maybe they'll finally make a sequel to the series, and, here's hoping, F-Zero someday.

Also... AHH, INTERLOPER!
    Greninjaman
    Greninjaman
    *looks around* where?
    Hey, haven't spoken to you in like forever. This is mostly a message to say I hope you've been doing well, and that things have been going okay and such. And I'll catch ya in a bit over a week for your birthday.
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    I gotcha, being on your own doesn’t mean not wanting company at times. Oh wow, you and I are on the same page about temperature haha. If it were up to me, the only seasons would be Fall and Winter so the weather was cool. What’s the weather like for you now? Down here in SC, it was actually fairly nice for longer than usual, but now it’s in the 90s in the day and yuck; hopefully no heat waves up there for you?

Gen 2 in particular felt so cohesive with the Johto region, and the way Mt. Coronet was so pervasive in Sinnoh was neat. Ahh, the classic hoarding in RPGs haha. Yeah, busting out a TM was for desperate measures back then lol. Honestly, I don’t even use Mega Evolution or Z-moves in the newer games. Something about them I just… have never really warmed up to, I dunno. Some of the Mega forms do look cool, though. The simpler times were nice, sometimes I wonder if things are a little bloated now with stuff like the Z-moves.

That’s a good point to test the waters first with a remake. As much as I really liked XY, I see what you mean about it, and honestly Game Freak isn’t exactly the best at making sure things run super well and optimized to begin with (S/M immediately comes to mind). One thing that makes me kind of nervous about a new gen on Switch is if the games won’t look much better than S/M did on the 3DS. Like, less low-res and better textures, but still pretty much the same look. I hope the player character at least has more expressions than “soulless smile” like in S/M at least haha.
    Reactions: Ebail
    Ebail
    Ebail
    Of course. Sometimes company is good, and sometimes I just want to wear headphones and ignore the world haha. I also wouldn't mind early Spring but up here the last few years we kinda want from a long winter to early summer with no spring at all haha. I'd be happy with just fall and winter. Today was 90 and we've had a few days of it ever here and there. No heatwave yet just was a 3 days stretch of hot too. We have to get a new ac unit so hope the heat holds out here til we get it.

Yeah the layout of Gen 2 worked amazingly. Like yeah sure it sucked how some routes were short but this was still the same general system that the Gen 1 games were on so it couldn't hold as much info as games now so. I mean I'd use the TMs in Gen 1 at least since you couldn't only hold a few items until 2 made TMs a separate spot then I honestly tried not to use the moves you only got once until TMs became reusable. I can understand that. They haven't warmed up that much to me either. Sometimes I'd use a mega for stuff like the battle mansion but beyond that eh. It does seem like a bit much now but I can also understand their view point in always needing to update the games and add more features.

I mean with what the Switch can do, being comparable to current gen systems like the PS4 and Xbox one I don't see them doing that with a new gen on the Switch. I mean I don't think they can get away with it honestly. If they don't use the Switch to a better potential well with how iffy the last 2 Gens were I'm sure they'd lose a good amount of fans. Not enough to end things but yeah.
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    Ouch, going straight from winter to summer weather sounds rough. Though that seems to be happening in several places, makes me worry about global warming stuff honestly. Oh man though, it's even 90 in NJ? The beach-goers will love it, but that sucks for you. Yeah, I hope it doesn't get too hot while you wait for a new AC, that'd be miserable!

Sometimes the small routes were kind of nice for convenience-sake if you didn't want to carry around a Pokemon for Fly haha. Same here, in gen 2 I mainly only taught TMs you could rebuy... and Shadow Ball. It's too cool not to give to someone lol. Yeah, it makes sense to keep introducing stuff to try to keep some freshness. And there is some practicality to it too since I'm sure stuff like Mega evolutions is less work than a brand-new Pokemon, in a series where there are so many already that adding more on top must get rough.

I sure hope you're right about that lol. Have you seen that rumor about the Let's Go! Pikachu and Let's Go! Eevee titles and stuff? If those are true, combined with a "leaked" screenshot of Lapras a while back, it's starting to seem like the games really might just look like a slightly upgraded version of S/M though. It's such a weird name for a main series game though that maybe it's not true, but then we have a trademark by Nintendo for those titles... Official news can't come soon enough haha!
    Hey :) How have you been?
    (This is Pory gone?, by the way, lol)
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    I've been playing Danganronpa V3 on PS4 trying to get the trophies, and on Switch I play a lot of Splatoon 2 and some LoZ: Breath of the Wild (probably my 2nd favorite Zelda game now, at least in the top 3).

Both the Switch and PS4 are great, I get a lot of use out of both and they fit different gaming needs. PS4 has a ton of games by this point (plus PS1 and PS2 classics), so I think it's a good choice if you're leaning toward it!

How has graduate school been going?
    TeaWest
    TeaWest
    Yeah I already have 5 games on the console, so I've already got some good things to play on it xD

Graduate school has been fine. It's been pretty stressful these past couple of weeks though if I'm honest. Hopefully things will become a little easier in the coming months
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    Oh, that's nice to already have some games ready to go then! What games do you have for it?

It seems like after a rough patch with school things tend to get a little calmer, so hopefully that does in up being the case for you!
    Anyone you know who might also be interested in WotE?
    Max1996
    Max1996
    Got anything from your sisters?
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    One of them wasn't interested, and the other is in a few games right now and doesn't want to get overloaded, so she probably won't either, sorry. Wish I could think of more people to ask, but I can't think of anyone else offhand. Sorry!
    Max1996
    Max1996
    No problem.
    Have you seen the new KHIII trailers? My hype level has rocketed up!
    Kharixi
    Kharixi
    Oof, that would make for a long game, especially if they'd be individual stories kind of like DDD... which would be a really neat way to expand this game even more.

Something else neat would be the Paopu fruit finally being brought up again, it's basically vanished from existence save for Kairi's keepsake. I kind of thought the destinies being intertwined thing was a cool idea, so addressing it might be a good idea (especially if Kairi does end up being playable).

Which is also weird because they HD upgraded DDD, so you would think they would be able to do it with 358 as well.

Oh, and what about your favorite game story-wise? Personally I really like KHII and Birth by Sleep.
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    I would LOVE individual stories again, though based on the trailers it looks like that isn't the case in III. But it's always fun being able to play as other characters even if it's just for a little bit!

Oh man, I actually completely forgot about the Paopu fruit lol. If Kairi is playable, that really would be a perfect reason for it to be brought up again and relevant, and it would be a nice way to bring things full circle from KH1 when they all had the fruit.

That... is true, it really is weird haha. Poor 358/2 Days, maybe someday it can get a true HD upgrade. Probably not for a long time though...

I would have to go with the first Kingdom Hearts, even if it is more basic in scope than the later games! There's just something about the story I really enjoy, like the conflict between Riku and Sora, Maleficent having her most sizable role as a villain, that great scene when Sora became a Heartless... II and BBS have strong stories as well, BBS would probably be my 3rd favorite, especially since I like Aqua a lot and it is easy to sympathize with all three of the main characters. ;_;
    Kharixi
    Kharixi
    Roxas didn't last long enough in II, tho'... I mean, it makes sense and all, but you hardly get to play as him. It's too bad that he couldn't adventure for a while on his own and then return to Sora or whatever.

Well, since KHII is the last game of the "Dark Seeker Saga" or whatever, it'd make sense to end it on the note of Sora and Kairi's destinies being entwined no matter what follows.

I mostly like II (and Naminé and Roxas) because I'm really into Nobodies. Just... everything. They don't have emotions, they just remember what it was like, they have no hearts, yet they can get hearts... Plus, the connections Sora has gives us "Ventus 2.0" instead of "Sora 2.0", which I think is really neat.
    I need someone to talk about Kingdom Hearts with that isn't on Discord :p
    Kharixi
    Kharixi
    I'm curious about his and Mickey's new outfits - we've only gotten a hint from DDD so far (I haven't really seen any KHIII trailers but I know most of the content going into it at this point).

I didn't think of that, so I guess we're even! Makes me wonder what Sora would turn into, tho'—he's gone generic merman and lion, so... maybe a rabbit? lol rabbit Sora would be hilarious.

Hades is really the only reason I don't actually mind Olympus over and over. He's super fun and his English actor is awesome at capturing the perfect voice for his lines.
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    Yeah, it's exciting to see the new outfits for the main cast! I personally would like to see Riku's hair a little longer than in DDD (maybe like KH1 style), but all of his outfits have been good so I'm sure that will work no matter what he wears. We haven't seen Kairi either, right? I wonder what she'll look like, and what her role will be.

Rabbit would kind of suit him I think, very bouncy to fit his personality lol. I guess Donald and Goofy would stay the same animals, just designed to fit the Zootopia artstyle better.

Agreed there, he's always entertaining! His English voice is perfect, though I was impressed with his Japanese voice actor too since he sounded a lot like James Woods, it was really great casting. At least Olympus Coliseum also usually incorporates a Final Fantasy character, which is nice to see who shows up. I wonder if we'll see any more of Zack in KH3...
    Kharixi
    Kharixi
    I have seen some art (dunno if it's official or not) of a sort of hooded look for her. Kind of an interesting choice if it's legit.

Any speculation on the other playable character? I'm wondering if it's going to be a new one or not.

Honestly, I'd like to know what happened to Selphie. She was in like two cutscenes in KHII but then just sort of... vanished...
    good to seeing you loving best DR male
    HumanDawn
    HumanDawn
    Here's one of my favorite XC2 soundtracks!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAzdn-I2P00

(I recommend watching it in incognito mode, so your youtube page isn't bombarded with spoilers, and ofc avoiding youtube comments)

It's more beautiful taking into account the context!
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    For some reason, I expected more shake-ups to the usual chapter pattern, so I was somewhat surprised by there being 2 again in chapter 3, though once the seance started I was like "oh no." Yeah, the lipstick... I still liked him after all that, though I tend to downplay that bit since he was so chill and interesting before that. One of the smarter characters in general minus "lol seesaw." I actually did like the victim though. The first victim of that chapter on the other hand... not so much.

I wish the Necronomicon had actually been more relevant in that chapter... what would have happened if the ritual went through? What would Monokuma have done?

Come to think of it, you're right! Chapter 5 I'd argue is the strongest chapter of each game. Even knowing what all happens obviously by now, I still enjoy the mystery of "who is this?" in the first game's chapter 5.

Kaito was also the one who was meanest to Kokichi, so that didn't help his case lol... I also like Maki when I ignore her shippy stuff with Kaito, so I also fault him for that. I see the appeal with her being cute, but I didn't like Himiko at all and she was my least favorite from V3 since I don't even feel like she did much despite being there so long. Every time Miu called her donkey lips, I laughed because I was like, "yes, ROAST HER.".......I also....... actually like Hagakure........ he's at least entertaining, though given certain aspects of his personality, I do understand why he's not popular. I dunno, I think his English voice acting helps, it really sells him to me. I like most all of the English dub better for the series, minus the anime which had a garbage Monokuma voice.

Cospox still confuses me when thinking about the reveals from the late game... Yeah, Tsumugi was definitely less obvious of a gimmick since it is a bit more subtle than people like Miu. Miu was definitely entertaining though, I loved some of her lines. I'm like a child, but "Poo-ichi" for Shuichi cracks me up even now.

NOOOOO but it is so fun once you get immersed in it... I didn't expect to love BotW as much as a I do, but it really makes me feel like I'm on a journey in beautiful Hyrule. Yeah, I also played quite a bit of Mario Odyssey and I think it's a good game, but it's not one I'm super attached to either. I had fun, but I don't see myself going back to it, and I still prefer Super Mario 64 for 3D Mario games. Of course, my Mario fan-ness is mainly for Paper Mario rather than the regular Mario games anyway.

OHHHH-kaay I never expected there would be any heart eating or anything to that degree in that game, even if it's not shown on-screen lol. It definitely must get more serious than I had assumed from the way the game looks... I think most JRPGs tend to have somewhat slow openings, so that makes sense that it picks up significantly after the early chapters.

I don't think I remember seeing Melia's brother, unless he was that one cool guy who taught Shulk something in the forest place (where the Nopon Village is) about the auras or something. It's been months, I can't remember his name, but he was cool.

Omg, YES, someone who agrees with me that FFXII's music isn't good!! People seem to love the soundtrack, but I honestly think it's the worst of the main series FF games, even including the NES ones. It's so dull...... But yeah, Vaan is a very strange MC because all he has is "I love airships" and "I'm angry at the empire because my brother died." I think it helps to think of him as a viewpoint character rather than the main one since you could absolutely make a case for Ashe being the true MC (or maybe even Balthier or Basch, but I think Ashe moreso), but it doesn't save Vaan from being a tag-along to the story.

It makes sense with the scuba thing, but it was the legs and feet that really bothered me with his design lol. Sora I don't mind since it fits the Disney aesthetic, but I guess I just have a hard time transitioning from Shulk to Rex. Lol, yeah, the customization was a double-edged sword in deciding on style vs functionality in XC1.

Ah, I could see that about Riki too, though I would've expected Dunban to have some notable progression since he seems so important and mentor-y. Reyn... he has some good stuff with Sharla, though I could see him not getting much development either.

Hmm, seeing his love backfire does sound interesting. I do see the appeal in a character like that who is very optimistic and loving compared to how many JRPG protags tend to be. He sounds very cinnamon roll-ish!

Hmm, I see what you mean about the reliance on Shulk because of the Monado. Shulk's voice though... he could do anything and I'd be like "mmm sure" just because his voice acting was SO GOOD lmao... Nice to know the heart-to-hearts are easier to see, is it easier to build affinity between characters? Sometimes I felt like I'd have two characters in the party together FOREVER in XC1 and do the right timing in battle and still make no progress.

I gotcha there. Sometimes a flawed game can be overcome if it does well enough at making the player care. And for a JRPG, story and character are like the most important thing to get invested in, so doing that makes a HUGE difference.

That sounds so weird to imagine a XC1 scene redone in 2's style... Maybe the next game will be a follow-up to XCX then?

Oh, I hadn't heard about their new project! Medieval fantasy RPG sounds promising coming from them, particularly if it keeps up their open world style of games.

That's a very pretty song, the violins give it a very beautiful-but-melancholy feel! Is Yoko Shimomura involved in this game too? I can't tell if that's her work or not.
    HumanDawn
    HumanDawn
    The seance was creepy, it was probably one of the most gripping moments in the game. I... don't get the seesaw meme at all. Like, there's literally nothing about it that is in any way humorous.

The Necronomicon has two/three ways I could think of for it to make sense and for Monokuma to use. Cloning, memory adjustments about the person, or virtual world? (also, I know you wanted it to be used so the person who hadn't killed anyone at that point could come back ;) )

Chapter 5s are the chapters when the cast feels very empty compared to the original size. It's when things are much more on edge.

Maki being shipped with Kaito is to give justification to Kaito agreeing to carry out that complex plan. I don't feel anything for the ship... The writing is there, but I just don't the drama if I'm not invested in it. Just not up to my tastes.

I still plan on getting to BotW, but I'm not feeling hungry for it. Maybe later...? Ever since I played all of the Tellius Saga I've been meaning to getting to FINALLY starting Skies of Arcadia, but I got the Switch a few months after and FE Warriors took away all my attention. I can't wait to play the Shadow Dragon DLC this month! I could care less about Minerva, bUT NAVARRE AND LINDEEEE should be a blast!

The white-haired guy you saw with Shulk was Alvis, which means you haven't made it to the capitol (?) of Melia's race. He's very important.

FFXII's tracks are just not up to my tastes. I thought the tracks were lifeless and generic... uninteresting too. Balthier was very cool!

Well, considering that the big legs make sense for Rex to have more weight on the surface he gets on, their practicality made sense to me. Unless you mean how they 're showing? I didn't really mind.

I went over the Chapter 1 scenes of the game again, this time with the Japanese dub, and it's so weird seeing the characters be... so undeveloped and "immature".

LMAO, yeah... Shulk's voice... I agree it was very nice to listen to! Shulk's sexy voice and swimsuit in Smash definitely helped XC's popularity. There is no affinity between party members, but with party members and their blades. It's actually easier if you just grind it by feeding them food. There are H2H's with just party members and not blades, but those just require the party members themselves to be engaged.

Yoko Shimomura didn't do work on the game, but other composers who worked on the original are back for XC2. From my special edition, the tracks I like the most are from Kenji Hiramatsu and a lot people seem to like the same three tracks which they put in it too. (Battle!!, Counterattack, Mor Ardain -Roaming Wastes-).

If you ever get hungry for a 100 hour JRPG (though it's around 60 hours if you do mainly story, maybe even less) it was well worth it, imo!
    Why hello there, Kokichi.
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    The role creation specifically for this game (like the abilities) or the process in general?

Sometimes it helped me to write out any fitting kind of ability I could think of for each character in the game and start settling on some that really fit, then work out the rest based on what roles the game needed for balance. BUT I also hosted Gundam Seed mafia that wasn't exactly balanced so I'm definitely no expert there haha.
    Max1996
    Max1996
    Abilities.

And I did do that already, but currently stuck on a few of them. Shall we discuss this via Conversation tomorrow?
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    Ah, gotcha, so there's a few causing the problems.

Sure, that works for me!
    Hi! Would you be interested in subbing into the ZD-i game?
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    Hi! Sorry, I don't think I'd be able to be as active as a game that size would require right now, but thanks for asking! Hope you can find a sub!!
    Reactions: Qing'e
    Qing'e
    Qing'e
    Ah, okay! Hopefully, aha..
    So, you have started and like Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS?
    HumanDawn
    HumanDawn
    That's cool! I'm very interested in the series too, I can't say I love it like the previous series so far, but it feels very "isolated" in how it's mostly about Yusaku's quest and how all duels have him involved. It will probably open up, and Revolver and Blue Angel could become allies with how their type of characters stick with the main character. Link Summoning is easier than I thought it would be. I love both Opening and Ending themes, though I skip the Ending because I'm too excited to see the preview, lol...

It's okay! They are just my thoughts. Maybe you could check your model and see a video online that could help in how you need to remove the dust?
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    Seeing how it will open up should be interesting, since YGO series tend to suddenly take things to a huge scale with world-affecting stakes in the latter half (though I guess 5D's got to that point fast with the Dark Signers happening fairly early). Blue Angel seems like a good female characters from what I've seen, it's just weird how... normal her "real" look is lol.

It looks like for this HP model, the fan is behind the motherboard and requires disconnecting things to get to it. I can't really work up the nerve to do that myself haha, and my mom says she'd try but I'm kinda afraid to let her do that since she isn't exactly computer-savvy either. Probably going to have to take it to a shop and just pay the fee, though I keep putting it off because I hate to do that lol...
    HumanDawn
    HumanDawn
    Her normal hair was once the same/similar hairstyle as Blue Angel's, but just brown.

Yeah, I understand the fear of having to pay fees and postphoning it. I sent my phone for repairs once I found a good enough price but I need to wait a while, and then pay for the expenses to collect it. Maybe you could prepare yourself better by just giving it to them?

I once sent a PM saying my goal was to cut to 75kg by the 15th of September at most, and... I did it a week and a half ago! Everyone is telling me to stop losing weight, which is a shocker because it's the complete opposite of the vibe I got before. I won't be less than 68kg for sure though, that's my next goal before I finally bulk. Feasts are ending here so no more guilty meals for a while...
    best villager, indeed ^^
    Qing'e
    Qing'e
    Slowly, aha. I'm on Act Three approaching the end, but I've stopped to grind Celica's group (with the DLC) until I can promote everyone

Same for me, he and Faye are my best units on Alm's side. I made him a mage and Faye cleric. And yep, he looks nice and the snark is great. ^^
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    Oh, we're roughly in the same spot then! I'm in about mid-Act 3.

Cleric Faye definitely seems appealing with her spell list! I went with Pegasus Knight since her STR was the highest of the team and I couldn't bring myself to make her a healer with that haha. Kliff seems like he'd make a great mage too with his speed. He's been a great archer, so maybe he just works in any class lol.
    Qing'e
    Qing'e
    Nice! Grinding is slow tho, so you'll probably pull ahead, aha.

Yup! That was the main reason I picked it over Mage, I considered Pegasus Knight, but I was worried about archers. Yeah, the villagers seem to have stat growths tailored to specific classes, but Kliff and Faye are just too good to be restricted to one choice lol.
    happy birthday nerd
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    Leon hasn't gotten promoted to even Sniper yet, so guess I should wait to judge him then! Towns would be neat to walk around in, yeah! Especially if there were also side quests in them kind of like in SoV, but maybe with a bit more depth. Ohhh... Slayde didn't last long enough to make it to a room lol. I'll have to put weaker characters in his range then next time.

Got it, I'll be careful once I see the Lost Woods in view! I think I already messed up a timed quest though, since I forgot to kill 20 Terrors in the graveyard in Celica's route and now in Act 3 there are no Terrors spawning there.....

Like SoV has a lot of neat ideas, but doesn't know how to effectively combine them into a cohesive experience? I can see where it would be tough balancing things in a remake since on one hand, you want to be faithful to the original, but on the other, how much is too much and how do you add new things? As much as I like SoV, you're probably right that it'd be much less well-received had it come before Awakening, probably along the lines of Shadow Dragon's reception. At least for me, part of what I love about SoV is that it somehow reminds me of what I felt playing the GBA games in tone and writing, and I think its the contrast with the other 3DS games that makes a lot of the old-timers like me enjoy it a lot. (plus, the art is just SO MUCH BETTER than Kozaki's, though as a fan of the Dusk saga of Atelier I naturally love Hidari's art lol)

Oh, ouch, that many people get dragged into it being bad? That kinda sucks that things fall apart that late. I don't want Alm to get dragged down too, I like him ;_; He is very much your "well-meaning hero" type but some of his lines are dorky enough that its endearing lol. From what I've seen about his personality in Gaiden though, he definitely sounded more unique for the series, and like he'd be a better counterpart to Celica.

Berkut's character design is also really nice... I have a soft spot for Fernand though since Ray Chase's voice... man, I seem to gravitate toward his roles... like Noctis... and Solle in Atelier Escha & Logy.... Huh, I might have to give Awakening another playthrough; Walhart never stood out to me and admittedly I don't remember much about him, but paying more attention to him in another go-around might be good. Especially since I actually have to agree that not that many of the series' villains are super interesting (I only really Lyon, and he's an odd case since he's not really in control doing stuff), so I'd be interested in giving Walhart another try.

Ah, I'll be looking forward to seeing who all joins in Act 4 then! You really aren't fond of most of the Deliverance guys, huh lol? Clive and Forsyth are just sorta... there... And they don't seem that strong combat-wise either compared to other characters. (Lukas I do like though, his Clive supports about feeling detached from things interested me)

Cool, can't wait to see them! That's neat that you'll get to see the country while also doing some good work there!
    HumanDawn
    HumanDawn
    Bow Knights are an A+ Class too, probably second to Dread Fighters or third to Clerics. When Slayde's HP is around below 10 HP is when you should not touch him, it's when he runs away. Perfect opportunity to bait Desaix with Alm and Warp Lukas behind him, while healing Lukas when needed with Faye's Psychic.

That might have been a Timed quest, you could just check when you feel like going back. By the way, when you beat Chapter 3 and reach Chapter 4, be sure to go back in Mila's temple in Celica's route where the water wheel was and in the explorable dungeon section with the path now possible to traverse.

Ehh, considering it's a remake and they went with full on voice acting it's no surprise they'd try to put in more detail, but I don't really see a difference in tone other than a few moments there and there. Keep in mind Sacred Stones was a Gaiden expy game. I like Kozaki's more varied art but yeah, Hidari is amazing too.

WELL, maybe not too many people but it was still a let down I dreaded the entire game coming. I've had too many well-meaning dorky hero types in my games...

Fernard looks like a bish boy in the (ugly...) CGs yet he is so stern in his portraits...

Gosh, if only they made a game of Walhart's conquest of Valm... He is just so epic and even with all his drama and ham he still feels like a good intentions human that only strayed on his path because Excellus made him abuse his power. He goes well against the usual "friendship beats all" with an actual on screen victory to go along his off screen conquest of Valm. Plus, I like the implications of the female!Robin support that if he had a Celica in his life instead of an Excellus, he could have been a more diplomatic and respectful character.
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    See, this is why SoV is great: archers are relevant and strong. They can counter melee units on enemy phase. Massive bow range. All is right in the world. For Slayde though, it sounds like cleric Faye would be useful so that will probably be what I do with her next time around.

I'll jot that down about the waterwheel at Mila's Temple so I don't forget, thanks! I am always ready to head back in the dungeons honestly lol.

For tone, it's like... hard to explain, but for me it's that it feels more in-line with the type of time period the game portrays I guess? The dialogue feels natural and yet also appropriate to the way the game looks. The 3DS games didn't feel that way to me, it felt too modern in the way they spoke and some of the writing (moreso in Fates admittedly, thanks Treehouse) felt a bit on the cringey side at times. I sound like a GBA elitist lmao, but really I loved the way the script was in 7 and 8, with Sacred Stones being the pinnacle (some lines in the early parts of FE7 felt a little tryhard in sounding medieval imo "I have need of a vulnerary, fetch it from my satchel"). Though like you said, Sacred Stones kinda being an homage to Gaiden... that definitely doesn't hurt as a Sacred Stones fan haha. Kozaki's art definitely grew on me over time and Fates definitely felt like an improvement for him over Awakening imo, but Hidari's art and the coloring of it I just adore. I've loved it since Hidari did the art for the three Dusk games in the Atelier series. So much that I'm having a hard time with the Mysterious saga of Atelier because the art feels so meh without Hidari... And too moe, even more than the Arland games. :/

Fernand looks better stern, it fits him way more...

That might've made for a nice DLC extra story or something in Awakening. DLC with playable antagonists in their own little chapter or so would actually be pretty cool... Omg though, I forgot that the Spotpass characters had supports with Robin... Well darn, now I feel like I really should give Awakening a 3rd playthrough. It sounds like Walhart was deeper than I gave him credit for, and at this point I've probably forgotten a lot of the intricacies of Awakening's plot.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom