• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
FANG-TAN
Local time
4:33 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Baby's first gatcha game. Prepare to become whales, Pokemon fans.
    C
    Cybersai
    Fang-Tan/Satoshi, why did you and your friend block me on twitter, lol? You know I am everywhere on the internet. As for Pokemon Masters, how do you feel about the huge push Rosa is getting as the lead female? It feels like people on the Pokemon staff really like her.
    FANG-TAN
    FANG-TAN
    You are beyond help. I don't think you've ever read and thought about what you written on the internet, because it remains ignorant and it never changes even after more than a decade and a half. Normal functioning human beings grow up, you don't. I muted you on Twitter for really obvious reasons, that would be obvious to anyone except for you apparently because you lack the common sense. The less people like you, the better. He blocked you for his own reasons as well. You're known to stalk people for Christ's sake. Now please get out of my sight. There are indeed places on the internet, or the world for that matter, where people like you are not present and it is quite... pleasant.
    "If you choose the right-hand path, you throw away all the possibilities on the left-hand one."
    I don't quite understand the mindset and thinking pattern of the staffs (especially the executive and director board) of M20.
    What is your guess about their choice of going the route of AU story?
    FANG-TAN
    FANG-TAN
    Sorry I didn't reply earlier.

Before the recent trailer, I was hoping they were making an AU story to break free from the obvious marketing constraints they have with the current series writing (static protagonist, never-ending, etc.) and celebrate the roots of the anime genuinely without worrying about selling toys (the mix of nostalgia and new material alone would have made the movie a hit imo, it's only logical). However... now that we can see the removal of the original characters that they started with despite being an anniversary, I can see that it's quite clear that they probably don't care either way sadly enough. So then I thought - could they be marketing upcoming games?

Flash forward to now. In the movie thread, Silktree shared a very interesting tidbit about the movie's tie-in manga. I think people are going to owe you an apology for the thread you made earlier when the SM anime was just starting out. The tie-in manga for the movie indicates that SM is set in the movie continuity.

I don't know yet if it will translate to the anime, but we will see. Rather than using the route of an AU story to fix the problems present with the TV series, they're just going to use it as an excuse to have this new Satoshi go through the same cycle as the old one (poor thing, his story concluded with his Water-type being beaten by a Fire-type attack...). Might as well have passed a torch to a different protagonist.
    Being a Cardcaptor Sakura fan, Digimon fan, Dragon Ball fan, Yuugiou fan, Sailor Moon fan, etc. is more rewarding than being a fan of the Pokemon anime. God bless the Clear Card Arc.
    That's the best I can do with a Senran Kagura avatar. Probably can't use a good Senran Kagura avatar without the emotionally infantile getting triggered, after all. "Obesity is healthy, large chests are degenerate. Violence is okay, sexuality is for pigs."
    I'll be fairly disappointed if the movie doesn't feature Ash's companions for some silly reason. Some things shouldn't change even for a reboot.

For that matter, Ash chasing after Ho-Oh instead of learning how to be a trainer would be silly. But I don't think that the synopsis implies that, considering the "one day" phrasing.

Why isn't the official website referencing the original series? It's weird.
    FANG-TAN
    FANG-TAN
    Not having the original companions would definitely feel like a kick in the ass. And it'd be disheartening if they're retooled into mundane Gym Leaders.

I don't want Satoshi's development as a trainer to be be replaced in favor of a journey chasing after Houou, but I do expect it to be an important plot element regardless. He has said he'll meet it again someday before, for example, in the first movie (albeit it's really emphasized here promotionally in comparison), but with him getting the Rainbow Feather here, I can see it becoming an important plot token.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    They need to find the right balance between a retelling of the pivotal OS moments, and an original story about Ho-Oh.

Honestly, they need more than one movie for that. Maybe a trilogy is asking for too much, but a duology isn't.

Hopefully they're saving Misty and Brock for an April 1st announcement.
    FANG-TAN
    FANG-TAN
    A duology would be sufficient, but I wouldn't mind it being the subject for the entire generation's movies. They could just use any ideas they would have had for a Alola movie in the actual anime, would make for better filler.
    Hey, I didn't know you were still active!
    FANG-TAN
    FANG-TAN
    Well, kinda I suppose. I mostly just pop in now and then after long intervals.

(Since I find the ever-growing political correctness/paranoia of the moderation mildly suffocating. Easier to deal with when I stick to just the Pokemon discussions, but it does rear its head in from time to time... smells like NeoGAF)
    FANG-TAN
    FANG-TAN
    (Also, the anime board and the manga board got smashed together, so the manga threads are drowned out by the anime threads. Stupid decision.)
    Seeing EOPs claim something from the OS was dub-only when they only watched and understand the dub (or only watched the series subbed from a DP onwards), is cringe-inducing. This is the shit that spreads misinformation.
    Oh yeah.I understand :3 I just don't like when people act like characters with tsundere or other "dere" traits are all the same. After all that stuff are just names people made and try to fit character in those tropes. One of the reasons why I dislike stuff like TvTropes, people are obssesed with try to force characters into tropes when writing doesn't work that way.
    Remember three years ago that I joked about Movie 20 being about Ho-Oh resurrecting the "true" Ash?

I wasn't off. I hope that this Ash is a better incarnation than the original one, though.
    Reactions: FANG-TAN
    FANG-TAN
    FANG-TAN
    Yeah, I could see them using Kantou-based movies as an opportunity to showcase Mew and it's unique Z-Move.

Speaking of The Origin, that makes me wonder if they're going to have this new Satoshi get a Z-Ring somewhere along the line (preferably a time-skip after the league) much like they gave Origin Red a Key Stone. Might be an opportunity to showcase 10,000,000 Volts and distribute Hat Pikachu.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    To be honest, I think they'll distribute Pikachu first.

It basically used that move when it fried the Spearow...
    FANG-TAN
    FANG-TAN
    Yeah, pretty much. I'd go as far as to say the Z-Move itself may be a reference to that to begin with.
    Chouzetsu Rasen Rengeki/"Corkscrew Scrash" (lel dat localization) is literally the Giga Drill Break from Gurren Lagann.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom