Bulbagarden

Silktree
Silktree
The third one due to having an intriguing plot around a very cool Pokemon (Unown) and an extremely sympathetic antagonist in Molly. Not to mention fleshing out Ash's bond with his mom and having Misty and Brock actively help him, on top of using Ash's Pokemon very well - especially Charizard.

All Shudo movies (1-3) are very good. I think that only the Lucario movie comes close to their quality.
TRNatalie
TRNatalie
The third's probably my favorite too for the reasons you mentioned and also the fact Team Rocket during my first viewing got me into the series but the second is close behind.

By the way, I've been reading your story. I like it so far.
Silktree
Silktree
Thanks. I'll read yours when I get more free time (I'm struggling to work on mine because I don't even have the energy when I am not doing real world things). The premise is interesting and it's a shame that you haven't received much input. You should post it on SPPf and Pokecommunity, and maybe Fanfiction.net (the latter wouldn't give you much input at all, but it would probably add the most views).

You seem to like the original series best, which is interesting given your age. Which games were your first? DPPt or HGSS? Neither?
TRNatalie
TRNatalie
Thanks. And I'll make sure to give you a review at some point.

DPPt. The third movie was the first I saw of the series and then I saw the DP saga which had some pretty good Rocket episodes then came BW. Around that time, I found some of the older episodes like The Ghost of Maiden's Peak and Go West Young Meowth so along with SM and DP, it's one of my favorite series.
Silktree
Silktree
I like the first three OS movies more than the episodes, but here's a list of episodes I particularly like:

I Choose You, Challenge of the Samurai, The School of Hard Knocks, Charmander – The Stray Pokémon, Tentacool & Tentacruel, Bye Bye Butterfree, Snow Way Out!, Pikachu's Goodbye, Go West Young Meowth, Charizard Chills, The Little Big Horn, The Chikorita Rescue, Ignorance Is Blissey, Charizard's Burning Ambitions, Hour of the Houndour, Just Waiting on a Friend, Address Unown, Gotta Catch Ya Later

Also the Togepi arc from AG and the last few Team Plasma episodes from BW. So far from SM only the Kanto reunion and Stoutland's death stand out. As you can tell, I like episodes that flesh out the Pokemon-human bond, and Gotta Catch Ya Later is special in that it cemented Ash's connection to his companions.
Silktree
Silktree
Are you thinking of becoming a professional author? You mentioned studying writing in your school.
TRNatalie
TRNatalie
(Sorry about the late reply I just got home from school)
My favorite episodes from OS include I Choose You, The Ghost of Maiden's Peak, Holy Matrimony, Go West Young Meowth, Pikachu Revolts, Meowth Rules, Ignorance is Blissey, Charizard's Burning Ambitions, The Fortune Hunters, The Wayward Wobbuffet, Fly me to the Moon, Plant it now Diglett Later, and the Lugia arc. Others include A Poached Ego of AG, Training Daze from Pokemon Chronicles, Once There Were Greenfields, Throwing the Track Switch, Crossing Paths, Noodles Roamin' off(subbed), and Dressed for Jess Success(subbed) for DP, Capacia Island UFO for BW(although I am interested in watching the Plasma arc), and Stoutland's death, A Team on Team Tussle(subbed), and Mimikyu Unmasked for SM so far.

Yes, I am thinking of becoming a professional author however I haven't actually studied for it yet. I just have a system where I write one story at school and one at home and sometimes I'll share some of them with my Language Arts teacher.
Silktree
Silktree
You're definitely a TR fan. I should note that I really like Mewtwo Returns and it may even rival its prequel. For that matter, the radio drama is brilliant and it's too bad that nothing like it has been done since.

I need to rewatch Pikachu Revolts. I think I only watched when it first aired.

Are you going to apply to colleges with a good writing program?
TRNatalie
TRNatalie
Yeah. They were the first television characters I truly loved and it doesn't seem to be going away. Sorry if that makes me annoying at all. I haven't seen Mewtwo returns yet but I definitely want to watch it sometime soon. It's a shame the drama's not more known too.

It's a really good episode. The villains are pretty intimidating and there's a good display of friendship both on Ash's side and Team Rocket's side.

That's what I'm planning.

Edit: I just remembered that Team Rocket had a Radio show during BW so the radio part is still kind of a thing.
Back
Top Bottom