Bulbagarden

FinalArcadia
FinalArcadia
I did, I'm very excited for Monsters Inc. world in particular since it's one of my favorite Disney movies!! And that Ariel summon was so beautifully done too. It's also nice to hear some of the new Utada theme, it's been so many years of "Simple and Clean" and "Sanctuary" haha.

What do you think of Riku's new look? He looks great to me. I see the resemblance to Noctis that some people were pointing out, but as a huge Noctis fan... that's no problem to me at all lol.
Kharixi
Kharixi
Hey I didn't mind, I've been listening to Simple and Clean almost constantly for a while now, haha... But it's definitely nice to get a new song, finally.

Tbh I prefer his KHII look, long hair and all, but this one ain't bad. I'm curious about his Keyblade and his "other self..." Is it broken or is he unable to use it? Does he have a Nobody or did he mean the Riku replica?

And VANITAAAAS. DDD hinted at his return and now we're actually getting him. So exciting!!
FinalArcadia
FinalArcadia
Nah I agree, Simple and Clean (and Sanctuary) are classic, and they definitely did cool stuff with them even when reusing them. That DDD opening with the orchestrated Simple and Clean was amazing in particular!

One of my sisters would agree with you there about his KHII look haha. I feel like he means the Riku Replica, especially if KHIII is the grand finale of this saga since it'd make sense that the replica could appear again. But it would be interesting if he had a Nobody!

There's so much going on with Marluxia showing up and Vanitas... I can't wait to see how everything ties together and what role everyone has to play. At this point, I might replay at least II and BBS again as a refresher course haha!
Kharixi
Kharixi
All those beautiful CG openings from the original game, II, BBS, DDD, and whatever else are all... well, beautiful already, and then the songs!

Also, I noticed that Riku and Mickey are standing on that one beach where Aqua and Ansem were at the end of Blank Points, so... did they leave already or what? Definitely a lot of things out of context so far, haha...

I just did recently, but... both games' stories are amazing, and KHII's gameplay in particular is super fun, so it should be fun to do!
FinalArcadia
FinalArcadia
Yeah, if the opening for III is as good as those, I'll be satisfied. The 0.2 BBS opening was surprisingly great for just essentially a bonus game to the 2.8 collection, so I'm looking forward to seeing the spectacle of III's.

Ohh, good catch! Aqua in general I'm very interested to see how she plays in III, but yeah, I do wonder where in the timeline of events all the scenes we've seen in the trailers go. And I wonder how long KHIII will be length-wise... for as long as the wait has been, I hope it's longer than the standard haha!

Very true, I might do that after all! It sounds like you're definitely prepared for III whenever it comes out! (we need E3 for that release date...) The first game is actually my favorite, but that's the one I've replayed most recently lol. I think I might have a KHII save I left off around Cloud showing up in Hollow Bastion, I ought to pick that one up again.
Kharixi
Kharixi
I mean, Aqua is #4 on my favorites, so of course I really want to see her return! And then there's Ansem, who I thought for sure was dead, but I wonder how long he'll stick around with that memory loss thing.

Hopefully longer than KHII, ahaha. With how long they've been waiting and how much they seem to be putting into it, my guess is preeetty long.

I was thinking about the first game recently... I didn't get really like the story at first, because Riku was acting pretty stupid, but in hindsight he probably just fell into darkness and even jealousy and acted accordingly. Either way, I also remembered the ending scene and the feels came with it... I mean, he's been antagonizing you the whole game, but he's about to go into the Realm of Darkness and possibly never return. ;-;
FinalArcadia
FinalArcadia
Same here, I'm pretty surprised to see Ansem again! I wish we could play as Aqua (I loved her cartwheel dodges), though I guess having the 0.2 bit of the 2.8 collection might be as close to that as we get. I wonder if we could get playable Kairi for a little bit...

We can only hope lol. We've seen a decent amount of worlds so far, and there hasn't really been any indication that we've seen most of them. There's got to be a Frozen world, no way they're passing that up haha. And then some KH-specific worlds... should be a good size I hope!

Yeah, I think the first time around it seems really sudden in the jump from "here we are all hanging around the island as pals" to then Riku antagonizing Sora most of the game. I really like all the character development Riku has gotten since then, how he's become such a strong person. It is a good, sad ending, even the part with Sora and Kairi being separated too... Square/Square-Enix was really good at endings that hit the feels in that era, with KH, FFX, FFIX, a lot of games.
Kharixi
Kharixi
I really hope it's Kairi. For one, a new character isn't really necessary at this point (what with 7 potential playables as it is!), and we've had Sora and Riku already. Kairi next would be a great way to utilize this Keyblade training! ...which I guess could also be said for Lea (who would also be awesome).

On the note of KH worlds, I looove The World That Never Was and Twilight Town, and I think something interesting to redo could be Destiny Islands, maybe show how they've changed over all this time (even though they haven't lol).

That's the thing with Chain of Memories—the story is amazing, Naminé is a wonderful character, and Riku got great development... but the gameplay is boring... I mean, why not make that into a cutscene movie instead of 358/2 Days...?
FinalArcadia
FinalArcadia
Kairi really deserves it at this point, she's been here since the beginning and there is definitely a reason for her to be playable with the training like you said and how she fought a little in KH2 toward the end. Lea would be cool too though... or why not both haha.

Same here, especially Twilight Town! And the End of the World in KH1 was cool too. That's a good idea with Destiny Islands, and it also gives them an excuse to show Tidus, Wakka, and Selphie again which is nice. And Destiny Islands is a pretty location anyway.

CoM story-wise is my 2nd favorite, but yeah, I see what you mean about the gameplay. It's nice as something different with the cards and sleights, but when I play KH, I want to play a more traditional KH action style. Cutting it into a movie would've been neat since 358/2 Days honestly could've used the HD treatment to touch it up, especially when it was an original DS game with no control stick for easy movement. I guess it was just easier to remaster CoM since it had a PS2 release than it was to upgrade a DS game.
Back
Top Bottom