Bulbagarden

Time Breaker
Time Breaker
Why absolutely, my dear Yours Truly (what lol). I would heavily recommend watching from the original series, Dragon Ball, to the end of the second series (though the split between the two is extremely arbitrary), Dragon Ball Z, all in Japanese. That's the manga. After that, Dragon Ball Super (the new content), Dragon Ball GT, and the DB/DBZ movies are pretty much optional, but I say the more the better.

If you've got any more questions, hit me up ;3
Wispy Willow
Wispy Willow
Ah, the joys of being overly formal... :p

And yes, I do have some more questions - firstly, what is the reasoning behind those recomendations, and do you know any cheep (and legal) means to watch 'em, in the event that a cheepscape like me is also interested? :D
Time Breaker
Time Breaker
Well, long story short, the older English dubs pretty much changed the show, from name changes to altered and added dialogue, and even setting a different tone with the voices, acting, casting, and music. The first series (DB) doesn't have a revised English dub like the second one (DBZ), which still retains most of the altered names. Basically, take my and many others' word for it: the original Japanese version in its entirety is the way to go.

The cheapest way, well that depends on if you have FUNimation's website or the app, FUNimationNow, in your region. The first series is free in both languages while the second series and all of the movies require a subscription.

Also, don't worry about Super or GT until after you've finished the original two series. :3
Wispy Willow
Wispy Willow
Yeah, I had a feeling it was something like that, since I think we may've discussed this some other time (or maybe I just heard it elsewhere on the internet somewhere I dunno), but it can't hurt to ask, can it? Eh, at least the English stuff might be worth a watch as a gag dub-y thing if I can actually see the Japanese stuff. :p

Well, after a quick Google search, it turns out that I've got neither. The joys of living in New Zealand... :D (Oh, and I'm about 50% sure Nexflix isn't availible here either, that too.)

...I take it things'd be a bit confusing if I started there, correct? Or is there some other reason you'd rather I keep out of those two for a bit?
Time Breaker
Time Breaker
Then the cheapest option is to buy the "season" releases usually called "blue bricks" and "orange bricks" for DB and DBZ respectively (if you don't mind terrible contrast and awkward cropping on the latter series' sets).

http://www.fanboyreview.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Dragonball-Boxart.jpg

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71gRMqRRfAL._SL1146_.jpg

They have issues, but they're cheap.

Long story short, GT was an anime-only continuation of the series whereas Super is the very recent anime & manga continuation, with a lot more involvement from the original author Akira Toriyama.
Wispy Willow
Wispy Willow
...Tell you what, I think I'll get back to you when we've wathed it and let you know what I think. I'm sure I'll be able to find it somewhere... right? :p
Time Breaker
Time Breaker
That works :3
Back
Top Bottom