• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
Hidden Mew
Local time
3:15 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• So I guess I'm done asking you how you feel about Vrains haha. I haven't even watched it the last 4 weeks. Sadly I'm just about ready to give up on it like I did Zexal. That being said what else do you like? Besides Pokemon, of course haha.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    You can still ask me about Vrains if you want to do so. That's perfectly fine and I'll probably always have something to vent about with this series, but I don't blame you for giving up on it. It's dangerously close to becoming my new least favorite series in the franchise, if it isn't already. I think I hated Zexal more by this point in its run, but there was definitely more effort put into Zexal than Vrains by comparison. Not to mention the show had a budget. Vrains already has four clip shows in less than forty episodes. Vrains feels like a huge downgrade coming right after Arc V in many areas, which is sad but not too surprising.

We're back to Zexal levels of writing and treatment of female characters with Vrains. Arc V wasn't perfect with writing or its female characters either, but at least it felt like there was progress. Aoi is basically Rio 2.0. She looks pretty and gives the impression that she'll be the strong female duelist of the cast with a couple of victories, but her role is ultimately to be angst and motivation fuel for male characters.

Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! are the main franchises that I'm into. In terms of other anime series, I like Slayers, Pretear, Madoka Magica and what I've seen of Hunter x Hunter is pretty good.
    Reactions: Ebail
    Ebail
    Ebail
    Well I mean hey, whether I'm watching it or not, you're more than welcome to vent about Vrains anytime you'd like to, or feel the need to.I won't complain about you doing so. But yeah it is a shame. I mean I really did want to like Vrains, but eh. I gave up on it sooner than I did Zexal. I found a way to tough out Zexal until at least the end of the original/start of Zexal II. Vrains is just, well, it had so much potential but it's just all wasted.on stuff like flashbacks, and as you've already stated characters being just used for fuel like Aoi is.

Ahh so no common interests shared outside of Pokemon, and Yu-Gi-Oh! then haha.

Also, I wish you a very happy birthday! I do hope it's been and is a fantastic day for you.
    So now that we're a bit further into Vrains since we last talked I was wondering how you'd felt about it now?
    Honestly I want to give this series its fair chance, but 2 episodes in and I'm already just not feeling like I'm gonna love it. I'll keep trying but ehh. I like the full version of the ending theme though at least. And yeah skills/speed duels are better saved for something like a game. Also as a side note I'll get to responding to your other message probably tomorrow so we can resume our talks about Arc-V.
    And now after watching episode 2 I definitely see that the mobile DM game Duel Links foreshadowed what Vrains was gonna be. All the dueling taking place in a virtual world, the duels being speed duels, having Links in the name (leading to Link Summon)
    I stil lhaven't watched episode two xD; didn't even know it was out subbed yet >.< but yeah Episode 1 did have a lot of exposition, I kind of feel like we could'v elearned everything they introduced gradually, but if this means they won't have to exposit more later then that's fine by me
    Yu-Gi-Oh!: Vrains premieres May 10, 2017 in Japan.

Episode 001 - My Name Is Playmaker

Summary:
    Den City is where the latest and greatest online network has been developed.
    There, in the VR Space LINK VRAINS, managed by SOL Technology Inc., people Duel day and night.
    Yusaku Fujiki, is a cool high school student with excellent skills of observation.
    Galar Adventurer
    Galar Adventurer
    In order to defeat the Knights of Hanoi who seek to destroy LINK VRAINS, he transforms himself into his avatar, Playmaker to fight them in Duels while remaining anonymous in real life. But now, a hacker with the same purpose as Yusaku, a man named Kusanagi Shouichi, has information that SOL Technology is desperately searching for a mysterious life form.
    Galar Adventurer
    Galar Adventurer
    Yusaku realizes the Knights of Hanoi are also searching for this entity, spreading a trap across the network, for an operation to capture it…
    It's pretty cool to see someone else around here who was so passionate about Arc-V haha. I always said I was gonna participate in that thread, but then I was always worried about seeing spoilers so I didn't. Still I read through your posts, and it was cool getting to read all of your various thoughts on it.
    Thanks :) and yes my Day was pretty fun! :) was Playing Smash Bros. on the 3DS, got a New one because my other one Started to NOT WORK for some STUPID REASON, so I got a New One, Played as Lucario for a while :)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom