Bulbagarden

LightningTopaz
LightningTopaz
So far, the complete series (which I call the Pokemon Anime Remix Project) looks like this:

Pokemon Lightning Yellow (Kanto)
Pokemon Moonlight Silver (Johto; complete)
Pokemon Sapphire Sky (Houen and the Battle Frontier)
Pokemon Shine Diamond (Shinou, on hold)
Pokemon Storm Gray (Unova, premiering soon)
Pokemon: Saviors of Destruction (Kalos, coming up next)
Pokemon Island Sun (Alola; on hiatus, may be reworked)
Pokemon Hero's Sword/Guardian Shield (Galar)

Be warned--this is not the anime you remember, nor is it the games you remember!
Greninjaman
Greninjaman
Why are you doing them out of order?
LightningTopaz
LightningTopaz
I started with Johto first because that particular arc gets a lot of flak for lots of filler, then someone suggested I do Shinou and then Unova, and then it just snowballed from there. Once you read all the stories together, it makes sense
Greninjaman
Greninjaman
Are you taking each episode and tweaking them to fit into your imagined world? If so, what do you change? What do you keep?
LightningTopaz
LightningTopaz
I have a number of questions I asked in deciding what stayed and what was rewritten or cut:

--Would this make sense in my own version of the Pokeworld, which is very different than the show we all know and love?
--Can I feasibly rewrite this into character development?
--Can I feasibly rewrite this into a step for the goals the other party members want to achieve?
--Can this episode contribute to building the world, and expand on what we know and see from the games and the show?
--Can I take Team Rocket out, and still have some kind of a plot? (the answer I found in many of the episodes was "yes")
--Would the story suffer if this episode was taken out?
Greninjaman
Greninjaman
Hmm. Interesting. Do you also add new episodes into your stories when needed?

I think I'll go the same route as you and remix each episode, adding new ones as I go. Of course, I'm still going with having Ash only get six Pokemon.
LightningTopaz
LightningTopaz
Sometimes I will turn them into completely different plots ("Hassle in the Castle" became Brock's second Lore Stage rather than being stuck in an old castle with Team Rocket)
Greninjaman
Greninjaman
Do you also alter episodes but keep the overall plot and title?
Back
Top Bottom